No announcement yet.

Forum Running Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm at work on a rig just now using my macbook and it loads reasonably OK, been fine for the last 10 days. This is a server run by BP (the oil company) through Norway, but I'm not sure who provides them with the service for it. When I was last at home it was still running very slowly and I was just using Tappatalk on my iphone as it was fine on there.

Comment

• I havnt talked to Bt about it. I'm sure I will just get fobbed off by them. It does open sometimes but takes 10mins to get the main page up. Same on 2 computers at 2 addresses both on Bt. Fine on 3. Weird.

Comment

• It's now so slow it took 3 hours for a duplicate reply to show lol. Yes its a HTC hero running 3 network and that's fine. But when on Bt the forum is useless. Both on phone and pc. I can also use phone as a dongle for pc and that's ok. Problem is I don't get phone reception at home..
        Is there anything people can do if they are having problems to try and find out what's happening? Cheers des.

Comment

• personally i think its a setting on the Vbulletin side which is not working well since nothing has been changed on my side or through the connections i use or devices that are attached to them...will need to await Sonic's return i think
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• We are going to VB4 as soon as Sonic returns AFAIK so hopefully post upgrade it wont be an issue!

Comment

• Any progress here? Site still veryyyyy slow.

Comment

• Yes. I have commissioned a new VM for the forum, just waiting until i get a quiet evening so i can migrate files and database.

Should be done within a week.

I'd do it in the middle of the day, but i think it would kill a few people off having the forum down
                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• The forum works fine on my computer but takes forever on my phone (previously fine). It took 10 mins to load a thread yesterday and that was with pictures turned off! Hope this sorts it, cheers for the hard work Mr. Sonic
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• @Sonic - does the upgrade fix known issues with iphone / Safari browsers ? You are better placed than me to explain this but it used to work brilliantly in the past.

That is the only problem I have had recently with regards performance. Seems to be same/similar on PC running exploder for me.

Many thanks
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• I picked up an iphone a week or so back, and i can be at home i.e running through the same network, and my laptop will work perfectly, my iphone will not.

Having exhausted all my ideas to fix the problem i'm just going to do a data migration onto a new server, removing a VM migration issue caused by the previous move out of the equation, along with any number of mysql/apache/php issues that could be causing the problem.

Now that i have a way to see the problem i'll know when it's fixed, which is useful rather than having to pester everyone on here for an update.

I was originally looking to move to vb4, but as it involves far more than just a database and file migration i'll leave it for now i think.

Comment

• Good man... I have same behaviour with iphone - attached to same network as this laptop at home and its horrendous. Same poor behaviour on any Mac at home with the Forum site since something tripped it up... As you say - any number of things could be the root cause, but a clean migration should reset things nicely and be less stressful for you. Thats the theory at least.
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• I wonder if that tapatalk code is causing problems... hmmmm.

Comment

• Sonic - let me know if there's anything I can do to help, or if you need a second pair of eyes on anything VBull related (I learned a thing or two from a certain high-traffic forum I used to host/admin )
                            1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                            A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

• Not the tapatalk thing, was worth a quick try.

I don't believe it's forum software related, im pinning my hopes on the server move.

Comment

• Great, good luck finding the fix Sonic. I know it gives you a headache

Comment

Working...
                                X