Forum Running Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
    I'd do it in the middle of the day, but i think it would kill a few people off having the forum down
    Sooner you do it the better as the Forum in almost unuseable for me at the moment

Comment

• yeah I think there are a few in the same position with load times or partial page loading as I have sometimes. All seems very random as to when and where it happens
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Have also bad issues with my mobil. Usually helps when you refresh the page a few times. After 2-5 times the page usually loads complete...

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I did a little digging on this. It seems that on a mac, there is an issue where it is looking to see if the browser is actually tapatalk app, causing an error and thus slow loading, if any at all occurs. It may be worth disabling tapatalk for a test...?

Le Mans 2012
          Nurburgring 700
          1995 S2 Avant

Comment

• I think Sonic tried disabling the tapatalk plugin - then tested on iphone browser - he found no difference. Thats as I understand things but could be wrong.

Cheers,

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
              I think Sonic tried disabling the tapatalk plugin - then tested on iphone browser - he found no difference. Thats as I understand things but could be wrong.

Cheers,

Paul
              That's right.

Can't say if anything had been cached though.
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Not only is the browser slow on macs and iphones but on both linux based machines also. I only got a chance to test with ubuntu/debian/and mint.
                Performance is fine on xp and win7 pcs on the same network.
                Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• mmmm - Mac OSX and iphone are essentially unix/linux under the skin so that is interesting. Maybe some one of the plugins in our setup has been 'optimised' for windoze to such an extent that it impairs performance on other operating systems
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Yes, and the Maemo(linux) based N900 also...

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• It's probably some issue with lower network layer, like IPv4 vs. IPv6, server packet sizes, ACK, whatever stuff.
                      I noticed a speed increase when I disabled IPv6 support on my Mac, however under Windows it's speed off lighting fast compared to Mac running IPv4-only support.

Comment

• All relevant parties,

I know I'm not paying customer and the forum is voluntary, but the forum has been unusable on my two iMacs, iBook and iPhone.

Cold turkey has now turned to dispondency and depression, so anything you can try / do to fix the problem would be great.

All other forums and websites still work fine on the above kit.

It all started when the change of server was flagged about two months ago.

Only able to post this by using someone's PC, where the forum works fine. Can't work the spell checker on a PC.

I am sure it is not just myself who is an apple affected person.

Thank you for reading this post.

No point in posting a wanted request for S2 Avant ABY rear brake calipers as I won't see the replies, but if you have such items you could pm macandmar?

Or would someone have B7 S4 Rear discs and calipers for a '95 S2 Avant?

Many thanks.

Comment

• I know, sorry guys, will get it sorted ASAP
                          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• i wouldn't be supprised if some of the problem isn't down to the iphone as well, my iphone is c**p at the moment it crashes all the time and it all seems to have started when i did the latest softwear down load for it which was about the same time the forum started playing up for me on it.
                            never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

• Any resolve on this, really haven't been using forum due this

Comment

• I have almost given up on this forum, seriously, is anything being done to resolve the issue of completely & uselessly sloooooow page rendering which has been occurring for the last several months ?
                                I've run Mozilla, Chrome and Safari on my i7 Intel iMac, Mac Pro & Powerbook Pro with no difference, the only machine which now still loads the forum norally, is my work XP windoze box.... and that is the last place I'm trying to view the forum...!!!

What gives already ???? :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X