Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its very slow for me on mac and pc in a web browser, its unuseable

On TapTalk on the iPhone/iPad it works fine

In a browser, it sometime will only load the colour scheme and forum logo and thats it, no posts or correct layout etc. This happens whether logged in or not.

Le Mans 2012
    Nurburgring 700
    1995 S2 Avant

Comment

I'm having trouble with the Iphone saying "can not conect server stop responding" or something alone the lines of that,it won't even load the main page? Im on the laptop now and its fine even with the same wifi link used???
      Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Cheers for the info guys, all helps!

I've just made some IIS changes, can you let me know if it's still as bad?
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Still slow with loading problems for me

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
            I'm having trouble with the Iphone saying "can not conect server stop responding" or something alone the lines of that,it won't even load the main page? Im on the laptop now and its fine even with the same wifi link used???
            same thing for me, i can not look at the forum at all on my iphone where as before a couple weeks ago it was fine, loaded just as fast as my pc both are running of the same wireless broad ban box .
            never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

not working on Iphone or Ipad...

Comment

Those people that are having a problem - are you using safari, iphone, mac or ipad?

Comment

At work in a data center with a huge trunk to the net, I'm using (read force to use) IE8 and the forum is terribly slow. At home I'm using Firefox via a cable modem and the forum is flying.

Has the forum to a VM?

Comment

Yes, it's running on server 2003. Was on ESX, migrated and now running on Xenserver 5.6.

The migration process ran smoothly, same for import. VMware tools and nics removed, Xentools installed and running correctly, VM running in PV with no problems.

The migration was onto a new physical machine (HP DL360 G7). If it was a network error i can't see how it wouldn't be causing problems for everyone.

I had the forum running on a bonded interface, which i've since changed, with no effect. It's now running though its own interface without nic bonding. No firewall errors either.

There are a few other VMs running on the same server, with no issues reported.

My thoughts now are something at a host level having cocked up during the migration - but the forum is due to be migrated onto vb4 on a new VM anyway.

Comment

Oh, and TOE has been disabled on the hypervisor - no change.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                        Those people that are having a problem - are you using safari, iphone, mac or ipad?
                        i am using safari on the iphone where it wont work and internet explorer on the pc which is fine .

Comment

if i try to get on the forum via safari on the pc it loads the forum straight away with out any problem

Comment

Funny, when it first started occuring I thought my employer was slowing it down to make it as painful as possible for me to view the forum.

This is an odd happening. My first thought was that were on a VM we needed more bandwidth, but I don't think it's a network related problem at this point. It sounds like you've taken care of the usual suspects when you've got problems like this. What's weird to me is that it isn't affecting everyone. I'm going to experiment with browsers and see if I can get some varying behavior. I'll let you know if I have an epiphany.

Comment

The forum has no bandwidth limits or traffic shaping. It's sat on the network with 100mbps up/down, so should be pretty snappy

Let me know how you get on with browser testing, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                                Forum works fine with IE or Firefox on the PCs, but won't load using Safari on an iPhone.
                                Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Working...
                                X