RS2 Bumper

martin

Comment

• Originally posted by martinjs
          i think the 6th picture down in neros link looks very good
          code DU 89L 1503

RS2 Bumper

martin
          This one looks good - best bet so far I think. Did Nero get any prices on this - who makes it?

It was 355euros for the "Martyn" one.

How much does it cost to import these thingies? Will we get charged vat on top of these prices?
          Attached Files
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

• Sorry, don't have answers yet! I will try to call them tomorrow! And will ask all the questions I can remember!
            www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

• Thanks Nero

Nice jumping S2 you have there - even has the RS2 bumper Is that with RS2 lights

Comment

• Doug,

We will have to pay Dutch VAT what ever that may be? it may even be included in the web prices? Delivery can sting on something this big, I should know...

If we pay Dutch tax, then you won't have to pay UK tax on it.
                Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

• I just would like to point out that the Reiger(sp) bumper is plastic

and that the Deitrich(sp) is fiberglass
                  I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

• Found more pics - I think this is from the same manufacturer

http://www.carrosseriebucher.ch/referenzen.htm

I'm assuming Carrosserie is the manufacturer of the bumpers and not a foreign word for bumpers or something??
                    Attached Files

Comment

• And another pic:

Nero - Can you ask if it is a replacement bumper and does NOT require custom mounting brackets for the bumper or the lights - thank you again
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I also would like to point out that I live in a town that mainly deals with boat building.

Fiberglass, carbonfiber etc..

I have a custom Rs2 front fiber glass bumper that's ok.
                        My friend that builds boats actually did some modifications to it.

The turn signals and fogs lights were flushed out, and a S4 2000+ american license plate surround was flushed in.

But Basically to make a long story short. I may look into having copies made of the bumper a little later down the road.

I will keep everyone posted if this is the case, but for now I am focusing on mainly getting the motor installed.

But I do have my connections and I could get prices.

But I am in the states.

P.S. Truthfully if enough people were interested you could certainly get a company to make the bumper for you.

I remember seeing a website that made carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber rear hatch, fenders etc.. for a hill climb black S2.
                        If I remember right it was a company out of the U.K.

Just a thought for all you..

Cheers
                        Josh
                        I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

• I think I'm talking b0ll0cks again - that's a friggin RS2 - although it doesn't look very nice in this pic
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh-stateside
                            I just would like to point out that the Reiger(sp) bumper is plastic

and that the Deitrich(sp) is fiberglass
                            Josh

Do you have experience of the Dietrich bumper? Any links/pictures/stories of the quality, or ease of fitting??

Doug

Comment

• Hmm.. I personally have not.

But there was some talk about this a while ago on audiworld.

The main concern in any case with fiberglass is the strength of where the mounts attach. A good bottom out, or a slight tap while parking.. and.. crack! There is no flex in fiberglass. All of them can fit nice but that's typically where most of them break. Ussually it can be fixed preity easily thought.

I really can't stand my bumper.. it's a pain to mount and a insult to my craftmanship with the car. But it looks perty and will do for now I sappose.

So that's my take on fiberglass.

I don't mean to scare anyone away..But I do see alot of fudged up honda's with fiber glass broke bumpers driving around here in the states.

I haven't decided yet.. I like the idea of buying a Used S2 bumper from you guys if you so choose to go the Rs2 route. But I am also a fan of the Cabriolet 98+ bumper:

Cheers
                              Josh

Comment

• I really need to figure why I can't get these pictures to come up.

Comment

Working...
                                X