No announcement yet.

Poll on 3B turbo Hoses from SFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hardest part of fitting the hoses to the car is getting to the jubilee clips if they're rusted etc.

If you take the undertray off, the front bumper off (10 min job for both) you have decent access to the 'harder to get to' hoses. The others are easy if you take the air box out - loads of room then!

(No, I haven't got the samcos yet either, in case anyone wondering, but the hoses have been on and off so many times now for my car even I can do it, and I'm a numpty when it comes to getting my hands dirty, cause they are like shovels and a) don't get in small places b) break thinks, like bolts, nuts, screws you name it, I broke it)

Off the top of my head I think there are :

Intake to turbo hose (normally your ridged 'michelin man' hose)
    Turbo to intercooler hose
    Intercooler to inlet pipe hose

Did I miss any? I'm sure there were a couple of other hoses too, but can't remember where for. (Oh, is THAT why my car blew up *boom* )

PJ
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Guys - the 3B kit is still at least 6 weeks away. Reason being I simply haven't had the time to pursue it with them. All my fault on that front. The Samco ABY kits are on track for next week, so I shall be getting my finger out on the 3B hoses with SFS.

Keep the faith !

Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

SFS are well busy at the moment, i ordered some pipes for my intercooler project, still a couple of weeks to wait for them

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
          SFS are well busy at the moment, i ordered some pipes for my intercooler project, still a couple of weeks to wait for them

You have to phone and ask where your order is - that is the only bad thing about them - they do it next day if you moan a bit.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I have to order another pipe anyway so will ring them, it was 3 weeks ago when i ordered, they had loads of work to get done for the end of march/start of april , initially said it would be 5 weeks but should be able to fit them in before that

Comment

Uprated accordian hoses!!! Cant wait! Then i dont need to keep repairing mine, or sending it back under audi warranty! LOL
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

So do we all have to phone and order separately now? what's the story??
                Last edited by newsh; 20 April 2004, 22:07.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

SFS haven't started making them yet, as I got them to hold off and wait until they had an entire set. With a bit of luck (and lots of guilt about this now) I shall light this up with SFS this week - I just need to find some time to speak to the main man there and post the rest of hoses they need...
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Will still have to wait

Oh well, back to the stealers for another new one. They will start asking why it split soon!
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                    X