No announcement yet.

Fluidampr Crankshaft Damper - All I5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I can expect my AAN damper to be finished this month?

Comment

• Originally posted by MuK1989 View Post
      So I can expect my AAN damper to be finished this month?
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Originally posted by LHD_Kid

Wishfull thinking haha

Comment

• I nwed mine as well for the end of this month. I want to have my engine balanced in April. Is there a chance to have it in April?
          1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
            I nwed mine as well for the end of this month. I want to have my engine balanced in April. Is there a chance to have it in April?

Comment

• Almost end of march. At least I hope issam ment march 2019??

Comment

• Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post

Posts like this are very discouraging.
                You guys think this is being done on purpose? You don't think I need a damper just as much as you lot? My engine has been sitting for the better part of a year waiting on a solution.
                I am doing my absolute best with the pressure without burning a bridge and again , please understand there will be extras so no need to tell me you want to send payment/deposit to secure a spot. I do not need it. I have allready taken the grunt of the production cost so that members here can benefit.
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

• Hello issam,

I am sure you arent doing it on purpose, but I am having some troubles with the lack of information and updates, that combined with A very long delevery time ( suggested lead time was 3-6 months, next month we are on 24 months ).

If I do a job for someone, if I inform them well people will understand, but there are limits.

The product you are making is 'one-off', but that doesnt mean you have all the time of the world. People make planns to do some work on their engines, but now projects are collecting dust waiting for parts.

Hope to see some updates soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post

Posts like this are very discouraging.
                    You guys think this is being done on purpose? You don't think I need a damper just as much as you lot? My engine has been sitting for the better part of a year waiting on a solution.
                    I am doing my absolute best with the pressure without burning a bridge and again , please understand there will be extras so no need to tell me you want to send payment/deposit to secure a spot. I do not need it. I have allready taken the grunt of the production cost so that members here can benefit.
                    What's discouraging is hoping to build an engine in 18 months time planning to use said damper.... not being able to... finishing the build anyway with absolutely no view of it happening in the foreseeable future...
                    I think that if people had realised that, realistically, it would be a 5 year wait, the take up would have been less.
                    Sorry if you are discouraged, we know you are not doing it on purpose, but from this side it doesn't look like you are doing much... on purpose or otherwise.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up issam

Comment

• Any info? Almost 2 years on now. If there is not going to any information, I want a refund.

Comment

• Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                          Sorry if you are discouraged, we know you are not doing it on purpose, but from this side it doesn't look like you are doing much... on purpose or otherwise.
                          That's a fair observation but not a fair statement pertaining to the latter. We are doing what we can as is Fluidampr.
                          I waited 3 years for a Wagner SQ manifold , paid in full and never once complained or bugged the manufacturer of the product even after no response for 6+ months at a time.

I am humbly sorry that this project took an extreme amount of time over what was anticipated but I've seen the PM's and messages tossed around. I have lost long term relationships over this project and I could easily quit , refund all 31 deposits I received and be done but that isn't fair to those who have been patient over the last 24+ months and that isn't fair to the community as a whole.

We deal with Fluidampr on a weekly basis . We have right now a total of 7 projects which have all been placed on the shelf until this is done. Fluidampr manufacturers pulleys for OEM's so you can see why an order of 150 units is low on the priority vs 50,000 units. I know its no excuse and every customer is equal but that simply isn't the case.

I posted this back in March:
                          Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
                          MARCH 2019 UPDATE (23 months and counting)

Any help here would be greatly appreciated since we can’t find these dampers new from Audi and I am forced to buy them off ebay and the like when they come available .
                          Needless to say this is holding up the show and the damper pocket will need adjustment on the 651462-A / B and we don’t want to finalize without having further data.

Please help.
                          Within a few hours I had multiple emails and PM's from members where the general consensus was that they would do whatever they can to help speed up the process....and they did.
                          Would have been nice to see a PM from you though

This is the blunt truth.
                          We have the AAN units finalized and I had to order an ABY damper from a German dealer to make sure it worked with the AAN machined hub.
                          I WILL NOT want to make 2 separate dampers as that will incur 2 separate costs.

In closing ,
                          I did my part , provided what was requested of me and can only do what I am able to do. Nothing about this is "on purpose"
                          If you need further updates you can send me an email. If the above isn't satisfactory enough and you would like your deposit returned I will facilitate it.
                          Issam N. Abed
                          iABED Industries
                          iABED Email | Facebook
                          The build thread

Comment

• Any updates?

Comment

• I'm guessing there are no positive updates on this?

Comment

• I spoke to issam A few weeks back, think there is enough to be said, hope issam reacts.....

Comment

Working...
                                X