Fluidampr Crankshaft Damper - All I5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE:
    As mentioned to quite a few of you via email. The image was not supposed to be on the forums. This has caused quite a few concerned members with the usual “where is mine” “when is my turn”
    And to that I respectfully answer :

In the order they came in.
    I didn’t want to post on the forums/groups until I had all my ducks in a row. I don’t need to iterate how long of a project this has been for us (and all parties involved) and while I do appreciate your patience , understand that this was not our intention.

The goal all along was to have a universal hub that would work right across the board. Unfortunately post making samples it was determined that the 7A/3B/MC units would need a redesign which put a huge disappointment in the project.
    We have the ADU & ABY drive rings but a hub that isn’t universal to the 7A and 3B. In the interim considering the AAN was the most important aspect of this project , I decided to fast track (insert joke about fast track and 2.5 years not being in the same sentence) the AAN members first.
    Once we have sorted the AAN members , I will move onto the ADU & ABY members and will finish with the 7A & 3B members.

I have spent the better part of the afternoon compiling everything.

In the beginning I stated 2 things:
    1. Dampers would be in the $450-$550 range
    2. They would hopefully have a cogged gear incorporated into the design.
    After multiple back and forth emails , it was simply not feasible to incorporate the gear into the hub design as it would cause issues with timing belt installs and properly setting timing as you would no longer be able to see the timing belt.

I have crunched the numbers as best as I could and this is what we have come up with:
    Dampers are 749.
    S2Forum members will use 2 promo codes (which are not stackable)
    • Aandeposit (Gets you your deposit off)
    • Vd100 (Gets you $100 off)

This will get you 250 off the MSRP leaving the balance of 499 (so basically those that paid a deposit will only need to budget for $100) more. I will be providing ARP crankshaft bolts and ekgrip shims at our cost.

http://www.vdamper.com/22-20V-Inline...tion_p_41.html

FORUM: AAN
    1. S2forumuser – V6Quattro x AAN
    2. S2forumuser – s0_big x AAN
    3. S2forumuser – ThatGUY x AAN
    4. S2forumuser – Jukkis x AAN
    5. S2forumuser – quattro4sprung - AAN
    6. S2forumuser – thuppu x AAN
    7. S2forumuser – Amarider x AAN

As usual , if you are not satisfied with the above , send an email to iabed@iabedindustries.com to process your request (refund or what have you)

Hope that answers everyone’s questions and sorry I can’t offer an exact time line on the 3B/7A units.
    Issam N. Abed
    iABED Industries
    iABED Email | Facebook
    The build thread

Comment

• Unfortunately the link in your post appears to be dead?

Comment

• Link works for me. But I see two different type hubs? Whats the story between these?

Have to think about this for a moment, price may be a dealbreaker for me.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Can't edit, fix forum please.

BTW, I like more of the style the silver one has.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Bad luck to you 3B boys... 2.5 years on fast track for the AAN version (with all the incentive of higher volume than the other variants), don't fancy your chances of getting one before petrol becomes obsolete...
            Last edited by LHD_Kid; 8th October 2019, 16:44. Reason: Typo
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Only 1 style of hub. Not sure where you are seeing that other image but it is not on the website under the products as that is an old version.
              Issam N. Abed
              iABED Industries
              iABED Email | Facebook
              The build thread

Comment

Working...
              X