Fluidampr Crankshaft Damper - All I5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE:
    As mentioned to quite a few of you via email. The image was not supposed to be on the forums. This has caused quite a few concerned members with the usual “where is mine” “when is my turn”
    And to that I respectfully answer :

In the order they came in.
    I didn’t want to post on the forums/groups until I had all my ducks in a row. I don’t need to iterate how long of a project this has been for us (and all parties involved) and while I do appreciate your patience , understand that this was not our intention.

The goal all along was to have a universal hub that would work right across the board. Unfortunately post making samples it was determined that the 7A/3B/MC units would need a redesign which put a huge disappointment in the project.
    We have the ADU & ABY drive rings but a hub that isn’t universal to the 7A and 3B. In the interim considering the AAN was the most important aspect of this project , I decided to fast track (insert joke about fast track and 2.5 years not being in the same sentence) the AAN members first.
    Once we have sorted the AAN members , I will move onto the ADU & ABY members and will finish with the 7A & 3B members.

I have spent the better part of the afternoon compiling everything.

In the beginning I stated 2 things:
    1. Dampers would be in the $450-$550 range
    2. They would hopefully have a cogged gear incorporated into the design.
    After multiple back and forth emails , it was simply not feasible to incorporate the gear into the hub design as it would cause issues with timing belt installs and properly setting timing as you would no longer be able to see the timing belt.

I have crunched the numbers as best as I could and this is what we have come up with:
    Dampers are 749.
    S2Forum members will use 2 promo codes (which are not stackable)
    • Aandeposit (Gets you your deposit off)
    • Vd100 (Gets you $100 off)

This will get you 250 off the MSRP leaving the balance of 499 (so basically those that paid a deposit will only need to budget for $100) more. I will be providing ARP crankshaft bolts and ekgrip shims at our cost.

http://www.vdamper.com/22-20V-Inline...tion_p_41.html

FORUM: AAN
    1. S2forumuser – V6Quattro x AAN
    2. S2forumuser – s0_big x AAN
    3. S2forumuser – ThatGUY x AAN
    4. S2forumuser – Jukkis x AAN
    5. S2forumuser – quattro4sprung - AAN
    6. S2forumuser – thuppu x AAN
    7. S2forumuser – Amarider x AAN

As usual , if you are not satisfied with the above , send an email to iabed@iabedindustries.com to process your request (refund or what have you)

Hope that answers everyone’s questions and sorry I can’t offer an exact time line on the 3B/7A units.
    Issam N. Abed
    iABED Industries
    iABED Email | Facebook
    The build thread

Comment

• Unfortunately the link in your post appears to be dead?

Comment

• Link works for me. But I see two different type hubs? Whats the story between these?

Have to think about this for a moment, price may be a dealbreaker for me.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Can't edit, fix forum please.

BTW, I like more of the style the silver one has.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Bad luck to you 3B boys... 2.5 years on fast track for the AAN version (with all the incentive of higher volume than the other variants), don't fancy your chances of getting one before petrol becomes obsolete...
            Last edited by LHD_Kid; 8 October 2019, 16:44. Reason: Typo
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Only 1 style of hub. Not sure where you are seeing that other image but it is not on the website under the products as that is an old version.
              Issam N. Abed
              iABED Industries
              iABED Email | Facebook
              The build thread

Comment

• Final update: JANUARY 1ST 2020:

AAN:
                To date we manufactured 50 of the AAN hubs and received payment for a total of 7 against 30+ in cancellations (so yes we have over 40 AAN Fluidamprs available). I would say I was bit disappointed the way this panned out but thats usually what happens when dealing with older cars. I have taken alot of heat and been accused of things I would never do to the community. Anyone that asked for a refund happily received it.

annoyance aside , I am not blaming the community in any way shape or form.
                The hard work is done and AAN units are now actively available. We are working on 5 prototypes (Thuppu) that will allow a parasite drive either for an impulse wheel or supercharger to be bolted onto the face.

MC/3B/7A/ABY/ADU:
                based on what happened with the AAN , I cancelled the MC/3B/7A project entirely. That engineering cost is now a sunk cost. I will not invest $$$ into manufacturing a product only to be left holding the bag. I could only alot for 1 more project and I chose the ABY/ADU since that is more common.

We will only be making an ABY/ADU unit which will be completed on Friday.
                Those that pre-paid for a 7A/3B/MC unit you will receive an ABY/ADU unit AND a 6PK alternator pulley. You will be converting your alternator pulley from a steel (rusty af) pulley to an aluminum 6PK billet unit.
                This keeps everyone happy .
                Any further questions or comments please feel free to send over an email.
                Last edited by Wizard-of-OD; 2 February 2020, 14:44.
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

• Will there be any ABY/ADU units available to buy ?
                  Thx
                  RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Originally posted by jade View Post
                    Will there be any ABY/ADU units available to buy ?
                    Thx
                    based on the way the AAN went down i would say yes
                    Issam N. Abed
                    iABED Industries
                    iABED Email | Facebook
                    The build thread

Comment

• I'm willing to sponsor the project and buy another ADU unit if there shall be extras left. Don't want to step on anyone's toes though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
                        based on the way the AAN went down i would say yes
                        Pm me if anything comes up....
                        RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Originally posted by kymi View Post
                          I'm willing to sponsor the project and buy another ADU unit if there shall be extras left. Don't want to step on anyone's toes though.
                          I believe that is Vidar's territory. Will check with him as a few of our distributors across the globe have been grated exclusivity to certain regions. I
                          Issam N. Abed
                          iABED Industries
                          iABED Email | Facebook
                          The build thread

Comment

• First batch of 7A/3B/ABY/ADU Crankshaft pulleys have been dispatched. We are working on them in the order they came in.
                            Issam N. Abed
                            iABED Industries
                            iABED Email | Facebook
                            The build thread

Comment

• I have been super patient through this whole process. Being an early supporter, I was extremely excited and thankful that Issam decided to spend time and money to develop a special part for these old cars. I was especially intrigued that this damper would incorporate a swap-able belt drive ring for the accessories of different engine requirements.

I understand your frustration with all the cancellations; it will certainly affect peoples decision to develop parts for these old Audi models in the future. With that being said it has been over 3 years. A lot of things change in peoples circumstances. Some have been forced to find alternate solutions in order to complete their projects; some have sold their cars. And in my case the direction of my project has changed.

I too am frustrated. I contacted Issam via email mid part of 2019 wanting to change my order from an AAN to ABY setup; the response I received was to convert my power steering and alternator to accept the AAN serpentine belt. At this point I am unsure if the design allows for interchangeable belt pulleys. Due to the length of time for production I do not feel out of line asking for a different model. I have purchased from you(Issam) a small handful of times and highly regard your products but please do not make the members of this community out to be the bad guys. Yes some are a pain.

Andrew
                              //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatGUY View Post
                                A lot of things change in peoples circumstances. Some have been forced to find alternate solutions in order to complete their projects; some have sold their cars. And in my case the direction of my project has changed.
                                Agreed , however most of the cancellations came after production was finalized i.e. the 13th hour when pricing was finalized i.e. 2 weeks before we started shipping out units...
                                Originally posted by ThatGUY View Post
                                I too am frustrated. I contacted Issam via email mid part of 2019 wanting to change my order from an AAN to ABY setup; the response I received was to convert my power steering and alternator to accept the AAN serpentine belt.
                                Only the alternator. Power steering will remain v-belt.

Originally posted by ThatGUY View Post
                                but please do not make the members of this community out to be the bad guys. Yes some are a pain.
                                Not sure where this is coming from Andrew but I am not making anyone out to be a bad guy. It's unfortunate we are left holding the bag but that's the risk I took. No one else and I am not blaming anyone else.

Issam N. Abed
                                iABED Industries
                                iABED Email | Facebook
                                The build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X