Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Mcandmar, any photos of the V8 flanges I need for my V8 diff ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Somebody running a torsendiff with 600hp/700Nm? I really like to know if it stays together.
      1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• audiman destroyed one with that sort of power.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Yeah I wouldn't think it'd last very long with that kind of torque, but Tom wasn't exactly kind to his either
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• ADI 2007 I think was its last hurrah!
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
              Somebody running a torsendiff with 600hp/700Nm? I really like to know if it stays together.
              What Tom ? Me ?

I had a V8 Torsen diff and didn't break ...

~575hp and 700nm
              with those things the question is,for how long will survive?
              And most important... Maintenance and behavior at the steering wheel
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• I've blow mine before 15 days with 660hp/720Nm and 10 very hard start/lunches from 6500rpm with very very bad Toyo's - 195/55 15" T1R.......
                The V8 torsen is piece of s..t. Not good at all.
                800HP 800++Nm

Comment

• Originally posted by |CL|NIKI View Post
                  I've blow mine before 15 days with 660hp/720Nm and 10 very hard start/lunches from 6500rpm with very very bad Toyo's - 195/55 15" T1R.......
                  Do you know other good diff that would hold for +15 days?
                  RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                  BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                  LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

I've blow mine before 15 days with 660hp/720Nm and 10 very hard start/lunches from 6500rpm with very very bad Toyo's - 195/55 15" T1R.......
                    You gave this abuse to a 20 year old, 100k mile old diff that was designed for use with half the power & torque you're using, and you are surprised when it breaks?
                    Do you have standard rods and brakes or did you think they might no cope with the power & torque?
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Got one cheap so i will give it a try. Is it also possible to swap it in a S4 B5 rear diff?

Comment

I've done half a dozen launches like that in my stock S2 and my 1st gear is shagged

Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
                        Got one cheap so i will give it a try. Is it also possible to swap it in a S4 B5 rear diff?
                        I'm fairly sure it will, i almost bought an A4 quattro diff for my torsen conversion as i liked the clean casing without the diff lock gubbins. Only problem is it had the wrong ratio so i used the S2 diff housing instead. AFAIK S4 and RS4 diffs are the correct ratios.
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          You gave this abuse to a 20 year old, 100k mile old diff that was designed for use with half the power & torque you're using, and you are surprised when it breaks?
                          Do you have standard rods and brakes or did you think they might no cope with the power & torque?
                          Rods only in this engine! Hta 86 at 2bar. Stock rotors and calipers -yes. Yesterday I run Toyo 888 ( 1.8 bar inside - will go lower - 1.4)- all ready with NM rear dif with largest CV holders UNlocked!!! 5 hard start/lunches from 6800-7000rpm - 1.65/18metres.
                          No any issues or noises from g.box or r.diff.
                          800HP 800++Nm

Comment

.... Is it also possible to swap it in a S4 B5 rear diff?
                            is that also a torsen?

Comment

Got one cheap so i will give it a try. Is it also possible to swap it in a S4 B5 rear diff?
                              Yes, it can be mounted inside the S4 B5 diff, one side of the torsen diff should be cut smaller in diameter if I remember correctly. I have V8 torsen's in S2 and B5 S4 in front and in rear diffs so 3x torsen diffs. Really fun to drive and car is very predictable when going sideways in corners. Having only rear V8 diff wasn't so good to drive. Only thing is you have to disable EDL in S4 otherwise you can't launch it. The EDL will cut in when it detects one wheel is turning more than the other and stops it with brake which will brake the torsen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                                is that also a torsen?
                                No, only a Audi V8 has a torsen rear diff.

Originally posted by kaaperdaja View Post
                                Yes, it can be mounted inside the S4 B5 diff, one side of the torsen diff should be cut smaller in diameter if I remember correctly. I have V8 torsen's in S2 and B5 S4 in front and in rear diffs so 3x torsen diffs. Really fun to drive and car is very predictable when going sideways in corners. Having only rear V8 diff wasn't so good to drive. Only thing is you have to disable EDL in S4 otherwise you can't launch it. The EDL will cut in when it detects one wheel is turning more than the other and stops it with brake which will brake the torsen.
                                Thanks for the info

I have a S2 so no problems with EDL

And what was your experience with only a rear torsen diff? Bad handling? And what type off torsen diff do you use in the front?

Comment

Working...
                                X