No announcement yet.

My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s2avant: yes i recall you mention it. so you would rather recomen the neuspeed bar than the whiteline one?
    is it adjustable too?
    i want my avant to have less roll and get more tailhappy than stock, so what bar to go for is the big question.
    How much did you pay for the neuspeed bar and what code does the bar have?

i really dont want to crack my subframe
    Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

Anders,

I didn't know whiteline made a rear bar for the S4 when I was looking. I spent quite a while reading though forums looking at S4/RS4 owners opinions of upgrade rear bars. I found versions from quattro GmbH (17mm), Neuspeed (19mm) and Intrax (22mm).

It seems that on the S4/RS4 above 19mm the rear subframe is likely to crack as the mounting points are flimsy metal tags. The setup is the same on the S2 avant.

I chose the Neuspeed bar as it came with reinforcing brackets to stop subframe damage. It is 2 point adjustable and was the cheaper of the three options I found.

The Neuspeed part number is 25.02.19.4. I paid £185 for it. Neuspeed Website

You can see pictures of the mounting points and brackets in THIS thread.

Before I fitted this rear ARB I had an RS2 one fitted. This improved body roll enormously but I still felt it could be further reduced. If you haven't tried the RS2 ARB setup then I would suggest it is worth a try as the bars are relatively cheap.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

That is one tasty Avant
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
          Anders,

I didn't know whiteline made a rear bar for the S4 when I was looking. I spent quite a while reading though forums looking at S4/RS4 owners opinions of upgrade rear bars. I found versions from quattro GmbH (17mm), Neuspeed (19mm) and Intrax (22mm).

It seems that on the S4/RS4 above 19mm the rear subframe is likely to crack as the mounting points are flimsy metal tags. The setup is the same on the S2 avant.

I chose the Neuspeed bar as it came with reinforcing brackets to stop subframe damage. It is 2 point adjustable and was the cheaper of the three options I found.

The Neuspeed part number is 25.02.19.4. I paid £185 for it. Neuspeed Website

You can see pictures of the mounting points and brackets in THIS thread.

Before I fitted this rear ARB I had an RS2 one fitted. This improved body roll enormously but I still felt it could be further reduced. If you haven't tried the RS2 ARB setup then I would suggest it is worth a try as the bars are relatively cheap.
          Ben
          Thank you very much Ben!
          Your information is gold worth!
          I think the choice of chossing the neuspeed bar with brackets will pay off and thay your choise was a wise one!
          Then i'll be ordering a neuspeed bar one of the following days so i have everything worked out before trackseason.

I'm also on lookout for a rs2 FARB to get it a little stiffer in the front too.

Audi P. Guru: thanks! show me your slipperwagon!

sigpic

Comment

well, this past week i changed the timingbelt, tightneingpulley, ac/servo/dynamo -belt, thermostat and the waterpump. I have to admit that It's a dangerous journey to start pull everthing apart, cause you notice always a new thing that needs replacement once you get the preveous part off. Just got the service done and got it all together again so i could go skiing this weekend, which resulted in a broken left knee, damn those bigjumps!

So now my new 996 monos are on its way from germany, but i did buy the rear calippers (nr 996 352 425) it suddenly got up for me, and does anyone know if these are smaller than the 996 351 425 ones? and what brackes they will fit?

Looking for a new garage now where i can start pulling my car apart renewing everything to get it (hopefully) ready for the nürnbergring meet later this year.
            i'm planning to get the engine out aswell for overhauling and new rods. then i can go higher with my new "setup" from Jonus Racing here in norway.

The enginebay really looks bad whe driving on these salty roads

two pic's: enginebay (looks like hell) and what we call "Quattro conditions" on the norewgian roads :mischeif:
            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

a little update

Well, nothing much going on here since i broke my knee about a month ago.
              The only thing i can do is sit on the internet, ordering things for my projeckt.
              which i can feel very good on me wallet
              can't wait for all the parts to arrive! !

But it all should be good and rolling for Nurbergring summer 2006
              Now i have some pic's from today.

btw, the eyelids and rear muffler is going off. The rest should stay standard on the outside. :mischeif:
              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

two more pics

bla bla bla 10 words...
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

yo anders,love your colour dude! think its different then mine.Your carbon will be almost there!! i love your car!
                  Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

anders: can you explain why these bbs wheels are not streel legal? o cant think of a reason...
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Quattroking: thanks! can't wait to get it on i shall carbonize my whole car in the end

Skull23: I dont recall where i read it, but it was something with it beeing a magnesium wheel for racing use only. Not approved i would think. But i don't care, i will use it either way. i'll have to check it up to see if it's correct.

But speaking of rims, i came across some other rims the other day. Neuspeed's RS10!
                      that is one awesome rim, and i think it would have a killer look on a s2 coupe/avant.
                      So i just did some PS editing to see the diffrence, and it turned up like crap, so i just post the rim pic itself. (it's the one to the right).

anyway, i'm thinking of new rods too, to get some more potential out of the engine/turbo. And i am wondering if the standard pistons can handle (with upgraded rods/bearings) 500+ bhp?
                      (my turbo, Turbonetics t60-1 8"kkk is supposedly to be a 550hp turbo so this wouldnt be a problem.)
                      500+ in my avant should do the trick!
                      Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

i like the one with the black heart,i am looking for such rims
                        Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

Love your car, those wheels look great. Want them too in the future

I believe I read somewhere that, if you skim off some of the material of the piston to lower the compression, you can use the standard ones.But maybe someone can confirm this. I am also collecting parts for my upgrade, I am going to buy new ones Wiseco, JE or Mahle. For the rods I would buy the ones from Stern Pater, I heared a lot of good stories about them, also the price is very tempting.
                          Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

anders: maybe i got it. maybe it is because the magnesium wheel does not bend when hits something, but shatters into pieces.
                            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

How did the 044 assembly go? Did you use the "plastic" basket for assembly or did you put it outside the tank?

Looking for the part number of that "plastic basket" used for fitting inside the fuel tank.

Really nice avant!
                              2004 9-5 aero
                              2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
                              1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
                              3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

Quattro king: yes, those are cool! and i think there aren't many that got these wheels yet. so it's a great oppertunity to be uniqe with cool rims. I dig the ones on the right btw.

Eric_b: thanks mate! I have heard that some people do use the original pistons without modifying them. The compression would remain the same and you may not run higher boost perssure, so i have "heard". But when it all comes down to it i think i'm going for some special pistons too, just to get the things in there matching and handle the "abuse".

Skull23: yeah, i belive it was something like that. havent checked it up yet.

Prosty: I have a 044 on my car from the previous owner did the mod, and it sits in the tank. So which part that is i dont know, but i recall reading here on the forum, that you just simply had to modify it.
                                Just do a search here.

hmm, what more to buy for my avant?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X