My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
    LMAO Don't you start. I'll get a picture of my ski bag if you're not careful, what a great option that is.

ellipsoid + orange lenses =
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Anders. I Love the look of your Dials. There will be a load more of them popping up on the form very soon.
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo
        Hey Anders. I Love the look of your Dials. There will be a load more of them popping up on the form very soon.
        Thanks Bo!
        yes i like them alot!
        but i have to take out the instruments and paint the pointers (?) red as in OEM. previous over painted em blue so i cant se what kind of speed i'm traveling at night (since the dials is blue too). But all the cars is disappering relative fast, so i think i'm travelling at a reasonble speed.

btw jon441cc: nice pic's! : drool :
        Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc
          ellipsoid + orange lenses =
          Everybody loves my orange indicators. My other bumper has clear ones.
          SS

Comment

Originally posted by AndersS2
            Thanks Bo!
            painted em blue so i cant se what kind of speed i'm traveling at night (since the dials is blue too). But all the cars is disappering relative fast, so i think i'm travelling at a reasonble speed.

LOL.. Thats the way it should be done!!!
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

here is a pic of the new grille.
              haha, thank gofd for beer!

sigpic

Comment

Finally got the time to do the new thermostat and bulkhead->heatermatrix-hose-with-bleeder. And now my heating is working like new again!
                The new thermostat opens on 80degrees and also got a hole in it, so the engine runs much much more cooler now. It did rund more even too, so i am quite happy.

Went for a 'little' drive afterwards, and it is much more agressive to drive. I also notice a slighly difference after i installe the RS2 FARB. It wont give up so easy on turn-ins.

still cant wait to get the neuspeed RARB on.. ah.. : drool :

sigpic

Comment

real nice motor u have there anders just a quick one any chance of a pic of ya dash at night and ya aux dials please oh also wot radio is it as that might be the next thing to go blue.cheers john
                  1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
                  1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
                  1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
                  oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Originally posted by AUDI9020V
                    real nice motor u have there anders just a quick one any chance of a pic of ya dash at night and ya aux dials please oh also wot radio is it as that might be the next thing to go blue.cheers john
                    Thanks John!
                    I can take a pic of the aux gauges tomorrow if you'd like.
                    The radio is Becker Mexico Pro. It does come in all colours to fit the rest of the interiour colours. Real nice and not to bling bling i think. It's quite cheap aswell.

-Today the car wont start. Now it's right before i throw the fawcker into a small lake or something..
                    Yesterday it worked real nice. and i havent drived it like that since autumn '05.
                    But today, when going home from work it didnt want to start right away. i had to give it to turns then it fired like before. Drove up to the local audi stealer to get a hold fo a new relay (for the constant blowing radiator fan), but that didnt help, so i drove home. A few hours later i had to run some erends, and got like 100m out from my house then it suddenly died. Managed to get it home after 30min anf opend up the hood, notning suspicious, all water is there (just replaced the thermostat yesterday to one that opens on 80degrees and has a little hole in it, plus changed the heatermatrix hose with the bleeder on), oil, fine, the starter goes like before, but the engine dont want to fire. a couple of times it almost fired, but died rather quickly.
                    The gaspump (bosch044) is tikking as always, so i dont supeckt that one.
                    I also noticed when i got it to fire one last time that it had alot of smoke (unburnedt fuel?). so may suspeck a crack in my head, or headgasket.

I also stopped it on purpous the last time to check if it'd start again, but that was the last time it went today.

I havent got the plugs out to inspect them yet, but i will tomorrow. Hopefully that'll give me some more anwsers.

Anyone know what it might be (before i smash it with a bat and let it go into the big blue sea)?

sigpic

Comment

sweet

nice nice this looks goooood man, by the way where in Norway is this??
                      japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                      www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Originally posted by urquattro-island
                        nice nice this looks goooood man, by the way where in Norway is this??

Thanks, but it's not long untill it's on the bottom of the sea i Norway..

sigpic

Comment

have you pulled the codes on it,hope ya get it sorted soon.
                          cheers anders id love to see some pics at night,ive done the group buy for the dials so just wondered wot there like.john
                          1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
                          1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
                          1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
                          oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Now, finally sorted out the problem about a week ago.
                            It was the freakin' fuelfilter. never seen a filter so full of dirt!
                            opend the tank too to see if it could be a hole in the tank, but it all seemed good.
                            So now it drives like never before again

I also got the eyelids off, and got the tyers in the basement, so i'm just waiting for the rims to be finished at the local powdercoating firm. I think this might be cool when on the car.

Also went to a Porsche meet on the local track this day, and i found my next car to come!! just tak a look at this badass Porsche 911 RUF GT2 (650hp/XXXnm)coverd in carbon details, and the wheels! AND THE WHEELS!!!

Anyways, heres some pic's

Porsche:

S2 with wintertyers, new front (OEM):

My new tracktyres :

@ john: Pic's of the dials are coming later this evening (just waiting for it to be dark outside).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AUDI9020V
                              have you pulled the codes on it,hope ya get it sorted soon.
                              cheers anders id love to see some pics at night,ive done the group buy for the dials so just wondered wot there like.john
                              here you go John!:

sigpic

Comment

Finally got the trackwheels on as it's turning into summer here up north.
                                If we drive around with spiked tyres we get a "bonus" from the coppers as in a ticket. So my only option were to get them tracktyres on.
                                Well, after driveg around like crazy tonight i must say that my original brakes suck (even though i have ebc turbogroove x4 and ebc redstuff pads x4), and the tyers Rock!
                                It's sticking like glue to the tarmac and the acceleration is like a spaceshuttle leaving earth in a hurry (i only got about ~350hp not documented). So i have to fit my 996 calippers very very soon!

But enough chit chat, heres some pic's from tonight's driving rage:

Front:

Rear 1:

Rear 2 (notice the patern in the tyers ):

Oh, and the wheels (s8 Avus 8x18 et48 Toyo R888 225/40/18 15mm spacers) arn't dirty, they are powdercoated in grey anthrazit!

Cheers guys,

-Anders

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X