No announcement yet.

My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing, My heater (aircondition) is acting weird and my fan is blowing constantly.
    I've recently exchanged the timingbelt, thermostat and got the red fluid back in, and it still wont blow heat on idle.
    I have to rev the engine over 3000rpm to get some hot air out adn then it works fine.
    Oh, i can not get the "snow-crystal-button" to stay on.
    What can this be?

A)little fluid in the AC pump-system?
    B)defect bleed screw on the heater matrix pipe into the bulkhead (part: 855 819 375 F)?
    C)a combo of both A and B?
    D)something completly else.

cheers,

Anders K.
    Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

Hurray!

Now it looks like it's progrss in my projeckt. I can now move a little on my leg so now i'll just fetch the monkeywrench and start where i was cut off.
      Turbo and ECU going off today as my friend is installing new programm and take a closer look at the turbo (checking for loose impeller etc.)
      Then i'll be able to fit all my stuff in the mean time.
      Still waiting for carbon details to shipp!
      Rs2 FARB going on,
      billzcat shortshifter + rs4 knob
      Need to remove my rs2 grille to get my original s2 grille on. But on what i can see there is two totally diffrent fasteningpoints?!
      and awaiting conformation mail from neuspeed on the 19mm RARB. (are they always slow to reply?)
      Hoping to get a call for my 2-piece a8 rotors this day so i can get them on too.

On the heaterproblem i got a hold of something that i might think will work! but we'll se.

Now i'm wondering to buy some Avus s4 rims in 18x8" (paint 'em charcoalgrey) for use on trackdays and to get the more sleeper look than the BBS GT Motorsport rims.
      Whatcha think guy's? They're also VERY much cheaper.

My daydream today: complete Rs2 interiour with black leather and blue alcantra

And if anyone of you have a pair of RS2 caliperbrackets 4 sale, PM me!

Have a nice Friday/weekend guys'n'gals,
      Cheers,

-Anders

sigpic

Comment

Hey.. Najs car anders, seen it on our norwegian forum :mischeif:

Found some rims for you, check them out : http://www.blocket.se/vi/7249404.htm?ca=2_s

Greetings from Anders, Norway =)
        '93 Audi S2 Coupe ABY "sZwei"
        '08 Audi A6 4F Allroad/Lowroad

Easy livin'

Comment

Originally posted by v|ncenT^
          Hey.. Najs car anders, seen it on our norwegian forum :mischeif:

Found some rims for you, check them out : http://www.blocket.se/vi/7249404.htm?ca=2_s
          or for me :mischeif: he he. (Just kidding, but I am looking for 17" Avus wheels)
          Looks like the price is OK, but check the ET, should be 30 to 35, not sure those have the right ET! But that can be corrected with spacers/longer bolts of course..

Nice car by the way, have seen it before when it belonged to the previous owner.
          Leif-Helge
          -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
          -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

All avus rims i've come by has the ET 45! why?
            I just missed some Avus 18" x8 on e-bay.de today, they were ET 45 and were scratched badly too.
            With ET 30 on my avant the wheels should be perfect in the wheelarch. the 19"s i had were ET 30 and fit perfect. Now i think i may drop the avus and stick to the bbs.
            They are so awesome!

anyway, powerupgrade first. I will be fun to see how much it'll be. but i dont think it'll be much over 420-430 BHP, since i got stock rods and pistons (for now).

Anders: thanks for the link!

DKW dude: thanks! the car will be very diffrent, but you cant se that on the outside except rims, lights, grille and brakes. The engine should be much more driveable now unlike it was (ketchup driving DElux).

..Now i'm going for some beers and TV!

sigpic

Comment

Today i picked up my new wheels for use on trackdays!
              They are S8 genuine wheels in 18"x8" ET48, which is a little scratched on the edges, but nothing complicated. So i thought, why don't paint em charcoal gray to get some uniqe wheels.
              Here's one pic and new ones will come once i get them painted.

Cheers,
              Anders
              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndersS2
                Today i picked up my new wheels for use on trackdays!
                They are S8 genuine wheels in 18"x8" ET48, which is a little scratched on the edges, but nothing complicated. So i thought, why don't paint em charcoal gray to get some uniqe wheels.
                Here's one pic and new ones will come once i get them painted.

Cheers,
                Anders
                Got some parts today too, but i relise i got a problem. The carbon is for the 95 dash, and i have only the 93 dash, so need to change the whole *****.
                anyone want to trade the airbag carbon pice? or someone have a rs2 dash laying around?
                Got my new steeringwheel aswell!

As for the engine upgrade, it all have to wait due to some urgent moneyspending
                But hopefully soon it'll be done.

sigpic

Comment

Got some done today finally!

Got the new RS2 FARB on, and it went much more solid in the front (26mm -> 28mm).
                  Then i just miss the neuspeed RARB to complete the suspension.
                  Also got the OMP steering wheel on, and it did do amazing acutally!
                  the wheel got more lika a racing car position-kind-of. Really nice and it does go quite good to my driving gloves too.
                  The carbon went on the backdoors as the front set didnt fit my early dash.
                  So now i have to find a 1995 rs2 dash + doorcovers. (Let me know if you have one laying around).
                  I also went to have a peek on the original RARB, and i'm not sure the neuspeed RARB will fit prior to the exhaust. Any opinions on this guys/girls?

Also got the black s2 grille on, and it did do the trick!! i'm so happy hadn't it been for the ellipsoides beeing assulted by a set of eyebrows.

Wheel:

New and old FARB:

Carbon rear:

RARB 1:

RARB 2:

Tomorrow i'm going to change the thermostat (again) to a one that opens on 80degrees and has a hole in it. hopefully that will fix the heat problem.
                  Also replacing the diff/gearbox/rear diff oil.

Now it's beer time!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Is the carbon trim original with the blue weave in it? Or is it a homemade set?
                    Have you got a picture of your car with the new grille? Så du kan ha din øl.
                    SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
                      i have the blue weave in my Avant so i think its standard from the factory
                      Anders, when are you gonna put those Avus S8 rims on ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes. I think it's almost impossible to get the blue weave, apart from with the original trim. Mine doesn't have the blue weave, but I like that.
                        SS

Comment

Who needs blue weave in the carbon when you have these, someone made the right
                          choice on the option list
                          sigpic

Comment

LMAO Don't you start. I'll get a picture of my ski bag if you're not careful, what a great option that is.
                            SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
                              yes it is with blue weaved carbon.

I have 1 and a 1/2 set of blue carbon trims!
                              want to trade 4WD?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc
                                Anders, when are you gonna put those Avus S8 rims on ?
                                yes, after easter.
                                Im going to give them a respray in aanother colour. charcoal grey i think and top it all with toyo R888.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X