My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed! My S2 Avant STEP 5 is on a roll

Jay: lol, it costs a minimum of £200 for everything here in norway, so I cant blame you
    Put the turbo engine on the shelf and going for a 289cid paxton blowed Ford v8 instead

Nah, but just confirmed that the GT3076R is orderd along with some more engine parts. Now I just have to start dismantling things should I be able to be done in time.

Will also try to get my car mapped on ES-Tuning new dyno when I'm done, as they are the only ones here in Norway that got the full motronic eqiupment. Hopefully it all be done just in time when they get their new 4wd dyno.

I will also thank all helpfull forum members on here! You are all priceless
    You know for yourself who you are

cheers,

Anders
    Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
      Oh well, looks like a new GT3076R w/.82AR is heading my way. Hope this "breezer" will do
      Out of curiousity why have you for the .82 and not the .63?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        Out of curiousity why have you for the .82 and not the .63?
        1st: The power is deliverd more on top end
        2nd: "only" 400rpm slower spoolup than 3071r
        3rd: Hopefully make near 500 hp whitout massive lag

The .63 AR saves 100rpm on spoolup, and have to offer a bit on the top, but then the midrang is good! I really though lots about it, and I still ain't sure, even after my choise, but I'll have to test it out at first and then the choise landed on the .82.

lol, we are going the same route alsmost Jamo Are you going with the .63?

sigpic

Comment

• Depends what your after really, balls out bhp or a bit of low down grunt.

Ross has a 0.63 which pull till redline also there's a few post on here that would sway me.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=13585&page=4

If I was to buy one it would be .63 because I don't run that high in the rpm range.

No way mate, your way ahead of me

I'm only considering it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Just being nosey Anders, do you work in the oil industry may be on the Oil rigs?? (nothing to do with you large useage of oil ) I noticed hung up in your garage some overals same as we use in Norweign waters

Jay

Anders is a fisherman
            Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
            www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• !

Ok much respect, its rough enough in the north sea on the rigs but in a boat

Jay

Comment

• Antoher update!

Originally posted by breitling View Post
                Anders is a fisherman
                LOL, I am not!

Finally got to do a little work on the s2 this day, got the turbo out and it shows that the impeller had a stunning 1,5cm om sideways movement
                I noticed I did have a really serious oil leak, but I did not know how bad, untill I noticed the oil poored out from the DP when i pulled it off the exhaust system.
                One thing is fore sure. New oilcooler and oil lines are to be orderd soon to get it all up and go for safe again together with oil and water lines for the GTBB!
                Then the qusteion is, is a 15row oilcooler enough for some weekend 'ring action? Or do i need a bigger one?

Just the head bolts left, then the head is off, and i think I might get that done tomorrow.. I seriously hope there is no signs of wear on the cylinder edges or else I might not know what to do!
                To bad Im going away whole easter, and hopefully there will be some parts waiting for me when I come back :mischeif:

Oh, and I did manage to wrap up my DP today aswell. Looked nice with some wrapping on it.

cheers,
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• some more pics...

EDIT: see how the impeller blades have eaten off the compressor housing
                  Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• and more!
                    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• "oh no how many does he have.."
                      Dont worry, last for now!
                      Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• The oil you found in the exhaust etc is prob from the turbo failure, did you find another oil leak? it would have to be on the oil feed pipe to the turbo to do this unless the engine had eaten the lot but you might find more problems

Did the turbo over speed eg with a boost leak??

Re oil cooler either 15 row should be up to the job but 19 would be better, will prob depend on where you are fitting it as you have kept the aux rad. have you had problems with oil temp in the past???

Jay

Comment

• Jay,

The oil leak is comming from the turbo deffinitly. I found that it didn't have an restrictor on my turbooil inlet pipe, but the new GTBB require one, so it'll be fitted then, after easter. I will also check the inlet and return oil lines, as I don't want any failure when the new stuff goes on.

The turbo was on freeboost on one hard pull, so it may be that which triggerd the whole thing, and this was november 06. I recall I registred the BAR meter going up to 2++BAR when it happend.. Not good, and that may have caused the damage on an already worn out turbo.

The auxrad is removed and an oilcooler is taking its place

Had lots of trouble with oiltemp last summer. got only 3-4 laps on Rudskogen then it went up to 130c although the oilpressuregauge is showing normal pressure.

sigpic

Comment

• If you didnt run with the restrictor in the oil line then this will be the cause as it floods the beerings, they stall and it all goes wrong from there

You can run good oil upto 170 degrees if need but yeah you are best keeping bellow 150 so a larger oil cooler is the way to go!

Can you not leave the aux rad as well? both have a bearing on oil temp!?

Jay

Comment

• Just read all 13 pages. Awesome car!!

I had a pic of this car saved on my comp for over a year!! Looks smart.

Comment

• Update

Thanks Soupie69uk!

Today i managed to detail my moms Bora, as its going away. And I also had some time to do the rear on my avant. Finally got the s2 badge on, removed the wiper and mounted the b3 reflex surrounding. The last part demanded some modding and alot of paticence to adjust the opening mechanism.

Some pics to follow. Still awating the new turbo
                                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X