My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fook me it fast!!

Well, did go for a little spin today, and boy it is fast. I also can feel the improvement of the "Promounts!! and it have transforemed the car to a racingcar feeling kinda thing. But that may be the cause of the 034 MS enginemounts aswell.

I dont dare to try the WOT before I have it mapped propper and read off all values and all seems to be good. Then we will try and also making a little video.

Anyway, I got bored so I did a photoshoot today after a little detail session. I'm trying to get some good photos, but its quite hard

Here you go:

Started off mounting the rest of the bits:

Then i enjoyed the sight of my newly beloved Carbon B- and C- pillars w/blue weave in the carbontwill so it looks "OEM":

Also did a view on how im gonna build my turbo brace setup from Javad (034 MS):

Got out for a little cruising in the nice weather:

/Arnold voice "..shooting in all directions" /Arnold voice off:

Combined 2-bucket reflextion/Carbon shot :

Then the artist in me stood foreward:

Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• continue..

Think this ended up kinda cool:

..really liked that spot :

HID powah' (and yes I'm awaiting new instrument bulbs from Mr Jones) :

Our local Movietheater:

Sign says "Thirsty?" -oh you bet I was!! :

And thats all for now.

Still lots to do with the car, so I'm far off beeing done. But atleast it drives.

Oh, and I too have the great stalling issue now.. hooray

cheers,
      Anders
      Last edited by AndersS2; 22 May 2007, 00:28.

sigpic

Comment

• 91 S2 coupĂ© - RIP
        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• How is the air fliter plumbed onto your turbo? couldnt see from the pic above
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
            How is the air fliter plumbed onto your turbo? couldnt see from the pic above
            Greg,
            The Turbo has a 4" Cobrahead -> 4" tube w/inlet from the recirck vent -> 4" MAF -> 4" Airfilter

-> = Silicone hose

You think that may cause the stalloing? Only happens when hot though.
            Car starts fine after that.

sigpic

Comment

• Anders you may want to speak to Corey on this problem, he solved it by moving the MAF to the pressure side and remap to suit.

Jay

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
                The size of the cobra head is incredible! almost double the size of a 3" cobrahead

But for a tiny little earlier spoolup I'm sold to the 4" inlet
                How much did that cobra head cost mate?

Comment

• @ Mr "Stroker" : It costed $28.49 from the US. Not bad at all, and i also gt help from a very nice and helpfull forum member for shipping.

Lol, you just had to go the stroker way? going for 900awhp and 1700nm?

sigpic

Comment

• Nice pictures The car looks great!

Have you decided who is going to do the remap? ES on the new 4wd Dyno pack?

And by the way, heres some teasers/inspiration for you (inboard at The Ring):

Inside my mates 993: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...2b004906e4.htm

Inside my coupe: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...2b0051453b.htm

Gi meg beskjed hvis de forstyrrer trÄden din, sÄ kan jeg fjerne linkene
                    "Ring addicted"
                    8,43 BTG with trafic and roadworks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg50Bg2lVQ

Comment

• Originally posted by magarv View Post
                      Nice pictures The car looks great!

Have you decided who is going to do the remap? ES on the new 4wd Dyno pack?

And by the way, heres some teasers/inspiration for you (inboard at The Ring):
                      Thanks Magnus!

Not decied on the remap yet. Looks like i have to do more work on it aswell..
                      But It's probobly ES or some swedish guys maybe.

Time will tell.

Thanks for the videos. That looks awesome. Cant wait untill i get down there. Was it a good trip? the car lasted ok?

cheers,
                      Anders

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
                        Thanks Magnus!

Thanks for the videos. That looks awesome. Cant wait untill i get down there. Was it a good trip? the car lasted ok?

cheers,
                        Anders
                        It was a great trip

My car did ok. I turned the boost down to 1,5bar to have some safety marging on my stock bottom end... I had some problems with my clutch on the way down. It didnÂŽt like high speed cruising, so the closer we got to NĂŒrburg the more it slipped. So for some time I was afraid the S2 had to stay of the track. But I decided to try some easy laps and see how it went... The more I used it the better it got But I decided to only take 4 laps because of these problems.
                        After some miles with high speed cruising on the way home it was slipping again... So I think I have a tiny leak from the gearbox or something...

Otherwise the trip was great, lots and lots of nice cars and perfect weather

And the track just has to be experienced, you just donÂŽt get the right impression on videos and PS2. It is like a roller coaster, one lap has 300m in altitude difference
                        "Ring addicted"
                        8,43 BTG with trafic and roadworks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg50Bg2lVQ

Comment

• Any highres pictures? specifically this one, http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...et/parking.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by andy112 View Post
                            Any highres pictures? specifically this one, http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...et/parking.jpg
                            I can make one when I get home from work today
                            Any preferred resolution?

@ magnus: Great! If you are going to vÄlerbanen we have to speak there!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by andy112 View Post
                              Any highres pictures? specifically this one, http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...et/parking.jpg
                              Here you go
                              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• Many nice photos you got there Anders. Where do you live? Nice suroundings with the bricks and stuff
                                Audi S2 Avant 2.2

Comment

Working...
                                X