No announcement yet.

My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As people often don't understand how they work, if you are going to take the MBC out of the equasion (and I strongly advise you do) and want to do away with the N75 valve (but you need to leave it plugged in otherwise a code will be stored), then just have the car remapped for a specific boost value, with the hose that went to the MBC to the wastegate just connect to the compressor wheel.
    Boost is then purely mechanically controlled (it is a marmite thing again, some like boost to be controlled electronically, some mechanically)
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

• Ok, so you suggest that i remove the MBC and just connect it straight to the compressor housing.

But, what I wonder about then, isn't the car already mapped with a specific boost value? I would thought so, but I aint no mapping ekspert
      So what is the MBC there for then?

What if were to connect back up the n75 valve? or would this be causing problems?

Argh, wish I knew more..

cheers for the knowledge Corey
      Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
        Ok, so you suggest that i remove the MBC and just connect it straight to the compressor housing.

But, what I wonder about then, isn't the car already mapped with a specific boost value? I would thought so, but I aint no mapping ekspert
        So what is the MBC there for then?

What if were to connect back up the n75 valve? or would this be causing problems?

Argh, wish I knew more..

cheers for the knowledge Corey
        Thats the problem with MBC's, the car/fuel/ignition is mapped for specific's and having a manual adjuster there just messes it all up (unless each time you adjust it you adjust everything else)
        If you connect the N75 valve back up then the ecu will try to control boost again (assuming the N75 is working that is) which if the wastegate has had the spring perch adjusted it will not do so correctly.

You have 2 choices when you remap

have the N75 valve plumbed back and have the ecu control boost.

have the hose from the wastegate go directly to the compressor housing and have the spring perch set for a specific boost value and be purely mechanicaly controlled.

(now for the next question!!!)
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey View Post
          Thats the problem with MBC's, the car/fuel/ignition is mapped for specific's and having a manual adjuster there just messes it all up (unless each time you adjust it you adjust everything else)
          If you connect the N75 valve back up then the ecu will try to control boost again (assuming the N75 is working that is) which if the wastegate has had the spring perch adjusted it will not do so correctly.

You have 2 choices when you remap

have the N75 valve plumbed back and have the ecu control boost.

have the hose from the wastegate go directly to the compressor housing and have the spring perch set for a specific boost value and be purely mechanicaly controlled.

(now for the next question!!!)
          Ok, I See your point Mr Jones.

Will have to consult my mapper in order to se what they would prefer.
          In the mean time, I just leave it as it is.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, I See your point Mr Jones.

Will have to consult my mapper in order to se what they would prefer.
            In the mean time, I just leave it as it is.
            You can use an electronic boost controller instead?

One thing to remember is the car will feel slower once the N75 is plumbed back in as the an MBC / Electronic boost controller allows boost to rise quicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              You can use an electronic boost controller instead?

One thing to remember is the car will feel slower once the N75 is plumbed back in as the an MBC / Electronic boost controller allows boost to rise quicker.
              I've heard much good about them elctric ones beeing able to hold the pressure longer on revs(?) and more stable, so I might try one out if my mapper alows me. :mischeif:

Not heard anything yet due to the MBC and n75 valve situation..

But, did get to throw out the oilcooler today, with all its belongings and cleand up after the oilmess. Nice to see it all start to shine again.
              Also removed the old turboinlet system, as I want somethning more stealthy and propper made and due to increasing from 3" to 4" all the way.
              Even got to mount up the 6000k HID kit, so now i finally "saw the light"

awaiting bits from corey and some hoses to get going on.. If all parts stumble inn in the week, i'll be cruising and making havoc on the highway to the weekend

oh, btw, someone have a spare locknut for the wastegate? (1 of those 6 on top)
              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• How the old inlet was...
                (yes, my IM needs a makeover too..)
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

awaiting bits from corey
                  In and on the way
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey View Post
                    In and on the way
                    Cheers,
                    should be here soon then

Today I have fitted the 19rows Setrab Oilcooler, and just need some lines to go with it then I should be one step closer to startup.

-Someone ever experienced some problems due to the oilcooler is higher placed than the oilpump?
                    I have been inspierd by other s2/rs2's to put the cooler in the auxrad position, so I hope and think it all will be ok by having it there.

I sure hope the oiltemp stays on its runningtemp a little longer now..
                    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• Nice. The oil cooler fits like a glove I really hope mine does the same..
                      Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
                      www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• @ Breitling: Aren't you gonna put the oilcooler on the outside like the japanese tuning cars? You said you liked that the old datsuns had it mounted on the outside of the front fender!

Lol, No yours gonna fit just fine you know.

As for a update, things are gowing sooo slow that I'm starting to think that maybe the world have stop rotating and are going backwards (like in the superman movie)

Awaiting parts, and cannot assemble due to the missing part etc... argh. annoying beeing held back by a gasket and some lost mail

But, got a huge cobrahead hose on work today from Greg (90quattrocoupe), all way over the big dam.
                        Thanks for the help mate. He's really a very very nice and helpfull guy!

Also after a test fit, i dont think I can fit a larger hose than the 4" cobrahead, as it is very big. Did I say how big it was?

I found maybe the leak of all problems too, and that was the turbo oilfeed hose that leaked in the hose itself. So I think maybe the teflon hose is damaged inside and the whole thing is going in the bin too. Just too many thing going in the bin these days..

Done some work to the catch tank system too, as I am going for the 4 way tank setup Ă la Mark H. Maybe my AC is on its way out due to the massive 4" inlet I need to have. I got a modified 4" mafhouse, the Cobrahead is 4", airfilter is 4", so then I might go the whole nine yards and make it all 4" - the turboinlet system. NOT the rest

Also got some great stuff from Corey again to get the interiour sorted too. I like alcantara and stickers
                        Thanks again mate.

Also lurking with the thoughts of giving the "Green Hell" a challange in a short while when the cars is done in order to get it ready for the final event in september: S2 Forum @ Nurnburgring 2007. But nothing is decided yet.

Pics are to be added later on

sigpic

Comment

• Cant wait to see this finished now Anders!

You cant be far off by the looks of things
                          91 S2 coupé - RIP
                          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                            Cant wait to see this finished now Anders!

You cant be far off by the looks of things
                            Well, If all goes by the plan it will start tomorrow, and maybe drive on thursday/friday i hope.

Just need to sort out the resirculation/DV air-system as i suddely throwed out the AC pump for some more space and need to organize a little.

Catchtank solution is a success! Thanks Mark H, for your excelent mod and tell

All the blue hoses are to be replaced by black ones! Blue hoses on a blue car is too much blue!

Got hold of a digicam so heres some better shots:
                            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• The size of the cobra head is incredible! almost double the size of a 3" cobrahead

But for a tiny little earlier spoolup I'm sold to the 4" inlet
                              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• Need to get this reflection shot on here aswell. Have not washed the car as i put it in this spring... and still you can see my moms a3.
                                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X