My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Jon. Klicky and

I can provide you with more pics whne i get home if you want to.

The manifold is very good, but it has the turbo's placement in a little forewarded position rather than the usual manifolds (or else my turbo is just weird) so it makes fitting the turbo-inlet hose in 3" a little difficult due to the lack of space behin the right headlight. Or else the quality is suberp!
    Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• ok, I have recived some parts latley, and they all look so sweet.
      The only remaning thing now, is to get them on the car

Hopefully i'll get to start swinging the wrench in mid-march

Also i called on the BBS motorsports wheels today. Looks like BBS isn't making the centre piece in magnesium anymore, only in aluminium. And not only that, they may be bankrupt in the near future too, so at a price 2539,- £ for all 4 wheels, it seems like i have to wait to do a decision
      I want those wheels soooooo bad.

anyways, here some pic's:

cheers guys!

sigpic

Comment

• I like the carbon fibre!

Wheels look smart too, in fact so does the whole car!
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Hurry hurry Anders!!
          Spring soon to come
          Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
          www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• Jamo: No, its not for the airbox, i dont have any. Its for the ashtray and dash panel. Aron did a great job on those. will post pics when its mounted
            Why dont you buy a kevlar/karbon airbox from mtm if you want one genuine? its a little modding requierd i think, but should look very cool and neat inside that bling 'bay on you el'motoro!

Breitling: ahhh, i know i know i know.. I am so lazy when i dont have a garage to be in..

sigpic

Comment

• I may have said this already somewhere, but compliments on a beautiful car. I wish they had brought the avant over here in stateside.
              Darin
              1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post

Also i called on the BBS motorsports wheels today. Looks like BBS isn't making the centre piece in magnesium anymore, only in aluminium. And not only that, they may be bankrupt in the near future too, so at a price 2539,- £ for all 4 wheels, it seems like i have to wait to do a decision
                I want those wheels soooooo bad.

cheers guys!

Man that sucks about BBS Anders, I really hope you get those wheels. It's been on my mind ever since you posted them. Good luck and beautiful car
                Cheers mis amigos,
                _Anton

Comment

• Thanks for the good words guys. It does mean alot to me, and motivate me to do even more to get it where i want it to get.
                  Thanks alot!

About the BBS' I must have them, but not this spring. Maybe in the summer some time, though that remains to see.
                  The good news is that BBS still making the gold colour on the rims, but with not that bumpy finnish as the magnesium tend to be, so the aluminium is a better and more nicer surface.
                  Only thing tho, i kinda liked that rough magnesium surface.. oh well, luxury problem i guess

Did some reaserch about piston rings today, and since I'll be using the OEM pistons (won't be using upgrade pistons w/lateral gasports), I will not go for Total Seal piston rings set. I will rather go for the "Goetze" rings, and as I've been told, they work flawless in 700bhp motors here up north. So that is a goodie for me then.

I really dont know how much I'll be going into modifying the engine this year, since there is a lot of meets to catch. But i do know, that my bottom end needs new bits just for saftey, and i also dont want to rush into things. So we just have to wait and see.

I also got a little influence by my dad which have total restaured a '68 Mustang into the minor details, and how good looking that really is. I hope not the s2 get the same treat now at once, or else then it'll be gone for too long

cheers,

sigpic

Comment

• very nice stuff Anders.

nice badge 2 btw

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post

Oh, and the wheels (s8 Avus 8x18 et48 Toyo R888 225/40/18 15mm spacers) arn't dirty, they are powdercoated in grey anthrazit!

Cheers guys,

-Anders
                      Anders I see your running S8's on a lowered S2 Avant with 15mm spacers do you get any rubbing or noise over bumps?

Comment

• Jamo,

no rubbing or sound at all, but if i load up the car with 2 heavy chaps in the back then I won't make it over the speedbumps.
                        Thats really no problem as it's only me in the car at any time.

sigpic

Comment

• Just got to say; Awsome lookin' car you got there. Think I read in the VACN-forum that you are changing the blue backlight in the dashboard with red.. Or am I mistaken?
                          Anyways, I think it looks dritfett with blue
                          Audi S2 Avant 2.2

Comment

• Evers: yes that is correct. I want back the OEM look(almost everywhere on the car). No one will suspect what this slipperwagon was, blasting by them no matter what car they have
                            Then i cant have the interiorlights like the USS "Enterprise", and suprisingly beeing recognized as spock, while blasting by

For those of you which like my Avus' i got you a little something:
                            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• Anders I like it so much I maybe copying you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                Anders I like it so much I maybe copying you!
                                No problem, as it goes to the good for the dark side (slipperwagons)

PS, Have you done a photoshop on your car so you can make up a mind on how it would look?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X