No announcement yet.

My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good there Angers! Ill have your Crossmembers sent to you asap.

Cheers.
    Bo
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• I'd recommend putting the vaccum on the cold side, either on the intake tube or on the idle motor snub. Like I have. I can send you piccies for use later.
      2004 9-5 aero
      2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
      1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
      3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

• Originally posted by prosty View Post
        I'd recommend putting the vaccum on the cold side, either on the intake tube or on the idle motor snub. Like I have. I can send you piccies for use later.
        Hmm, why would that be better? Does it have anything with the DV to do?
        I'm totally "green" on this subject..

@ Bo: Yep, Angers is awaiting those ultracool x-members

@ John (urquattroISland): lol, know what you mean..
        Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
          Yes, thanks so much for the badge!
          no thx, your car deserves a new one

Comment

• Always better with cooler air, + you measure the air on the intake side after the intercooler. I just figure that it's better to do that. Since my car never exploded yet , I just thought I'd let you know how I did it heheh...
            2004 9-5 aero
            2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
            1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
            3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

• Originally posted by prosty View Post
              Always better with cooler air, + you measure the air on the intake side after the intercooler. I just figure that it's better to do that. Since my car never exploded yet , I just thought I'd let you know how I did it heheh...
              Yeah, it sound like an good idea

I may copy that onto my car :mischeif:

@ Quattrostyle:

Update:
              Well, the car is beeing put together again, and I'm just awaiting some parts from corey and the 4" cobrahead elbow from the states.
              I also managed to faak up the left steering balljoint, so I have to figure something out there or just by new one. I also found the n75 valve just lying beneath the right headlight whitout any vacumconnections on it. Just the electrical.
              Like that it cant be, even if I got an mechanical boost adjuster?
              I also need to lay up the watercooling to the new GTbb, as the old was removed when the oilcooled turbo was installed.
              So anyone know where i can take the water from to the turbo , and where to return it back into?

Xenon are also beeing installed these days, and measuring the catchtank hoses and the new oilcooler hoses. Thats just about it then it's ready for some fun again.

Cant wait to drive it again

Pics:
              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• The n75 valve suddenly came rising from the dead
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• The N75 valve has been removed from its operation of controlling boost (but left connected so it doesn't throw up a code, you can see on the top of your wastegate that boost is controlled purely mechanicaly as the cap has been drilled so you can adjust the spring seat.
                  Normally though the hose from the wastegate goes to the turbo compressor, where does yours go? I can't see it in the image
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

• Manual boost controller alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                      Manual boost controller alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Not always, the boost can be set with the wastegate spring perch.

Anders has the car been remapped?
                      Corey
                      01636 822288

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey View Post
                        Not always, the boost can be set with the wastegate spring perch.

Anders has the car been remapped?
                        I also found the n75 valve just lying beneath the right headlight whitout any vacumconnections on it. Just the electrical.
                        Like that it cant be, even if I got an mechanical boost adjuster?
                        Look in the bottom left of the picture and tell me thats not a MBC?

Comment

It does indeed look like an MBC but that was why I asked the question up there as to what the hose on the wastegate was connected to
                          Corey
                          01636 822288

Comment

All i see is a hand but i guess one can yous there imagination..
                            91 S2 coupé - RIP
                            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                              All i see is a hand but i guess one can yous there imagination..
                              http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...1&d=1177451932

who said the german didn't have a sense of humour!

Comment

• Indeed its a MBC. (Something I have to throw away then?)
                                the other hose from the MBC is to be mounted on the compressorwheel but i haven't got around to fitted it yet in the pic.

Car has been remapped twice, and a third time to come in the end of summer

@ Jamo: why is that no good?

All views are welcome

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X