Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea! I'll have to appeal to the masses to see if anybody can do this

Comment

• Ey Anders.. Take a lot of pictures of your new mods youre about making these days.
      Looking forward to hear your engine again

See you in my garage soon
      Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
      www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• Oy, what a day!

Breitling: Yes here they are!

Jamo: what did the poll end up on? ..and what is your decision?

Then the day came to take it of its nest and take it for a drive into the sunset again.

Got early up this morning, it fired up on the first attempt and I drove off to change the calippers from 996 rears to 996 fronts.. And damn, what a diffrence in braking! It was like night and day in diffrence.
        Went quickly off for a test drive in the nice hot and varm sunlight, and the feel of it going like a rocket, REALLY ROCKS!!!!!!. I love exiting corners with this car. :mischeif:

After washing it, I thought I'd mount the rest of the "little stuff".

This is the stuff I was supposed to mount today:
        Attached Files
        Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

But, as i had no dremel in the garage, i went out for a drive again. Well, it was also that i missed the drivning so much too.
          Got up on the highway, err sorry, private test track, and floored it. Pulled like a jumbojet and thrashing all the other opponents in my way. Setteld down for a bit as no one would try showing me how their car went, so I just cruised and followed the rest on the highway. A golf with 2 young chaps in and fogs only came all the way up behind me, and I shifted to 2nd to give it a go, but the car just started to limp and not pull any good. I then heard a terrefull noise and saw the highway beeing coverd with alot of smoke, BLUE smoke!
          Finally got it home, to inspect what this could be.....

Ripped off some hoses and found myself the impeller had an impressive distance of 1,5cm of travel sideways. It had ofcourse eaten alot of the compressorturbine-house.

Started the process of removing it, and tomorrow early it'll be off, and I have to start searchin for a new turbo.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: see how the impeller have eaten off the compressor wall (white area)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by AndersS2; 25 March 2007, 12:54.

sigpic

Comment

• some more pics of tonight:

Oh btw, S2 OEM instruments are back inn after a rather long period of plasma tachos.
            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• sorry to hear of your dilemma mate
              is the turbo still under warranty??
              1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
              2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
              3. H & R SPRINGS
              4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
              5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
              6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
              7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
              8. fmic fitted

Comment

• I like pics in the garage
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• Topsparky: No, too bad it isn't. So its a good reason to buy a bigger, badder and more air hungry turbo

Even more pics from tonighte:
                  Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• pictures for the hungry peeps!

The car looks fantastic, but the enginecompartment looks like it's from a whole another car!
                    So.. time to start do something about that :mischeif:
                    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• This was no good news Anders! Hopefully you will get a newer bigger badass monster turbo in time. Dont want to miss all the meetings this spring

Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
                      www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• Update!

Looks like the fault of the turbofailure is due to massive oil leak. DP is full of oil and the oilcooler is coverd in fresh oil. No wonder it swallowd the oil raw
                        Anyway, now its time to remove some engines and start overhaulin'.

Anyone that DONT recomend to do a rodswap as Efini did, speak out now with some good arguments! (yes i know a few, but time and money don't exist). Hopefully i will get the time to go through the engine next winter, making it all thurrowly done.

Oh well, looks like a new GT3076R w/.82AR is heading my way. Hope this "breezer" will do

Pics to follow soon

sigpic

Comment

• ?

Just being nosey Anders, do you work in the oil industry may be on the Oil rigs?? (nothing to do with you large useage of oil ) I noticed hung up in your garage some overals same as we use in Norweign waters

Jay

Comment

• Jay, Nope.
                            My dad did work in the oil industry some time ago, so its likley he got it there.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              Just being nosey Anders, do you work in the oil industry may be on the Oil rigs?? (nothing to do with you large useage of oil ) I noticed hung up in your garage some overals same as we use in Norweign waters

Jay
                              Looks like the some of the overals are form Bulldog Workwear. The place where I work sell them.. Not hard to get hold of them
                              Audi S2 Avant 2.2

Comment

• um

Thought so!

Theyre not hard to get hold of but if they are Norweign spec they'll cost you best part of £200

Also spotted the bank of carbs in your picture of parts to fit... how are you going to get them to fit lol

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X