No announcement yet.

My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats a goos plan, im now going to search and find out how much extra for new strut legs.
    im sticking with oe gearbox mounts also and i have already got but not fitted oe rear diff mounts, planning to fit them sometime soon.
    1995 B4 Audi 80 S2 avant 267bhp and 326lbft *sold*

2001 P38 Range Rover DHSE 159bhp and 255lbft

1985 Type85 Audi 90 quattro 135bhp 140lbft

Comment

• Briggsy: not so much over here. Got an offer about 880,-£ for a KW v2 with new strut legs. Dont know if thats good or bad?! Havent got into the prices so much yet.

Anyways,
      forgot my cam, so the cellphone had to do. (yes know its maybe the most crappyiest cam on it).

The subframe is almost ready to go back on the car, just need to dry first. As my powdercating man is enjoying his umbrella drink at some beachhut now, i had to paint the subframe myself. so that'll do untill this fall, when it all goes back down again for a nicer paint and inspection
      Oh, and I also did replace all the joints and chickenbones (dont know the name..) for now. So now it should handle alittle better.

pics:

Bushes - new vs, used vs used:

Old subframe:

New subframe:

cheers,
      Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
        Briggsy: not so much over here. Got an offer about 880,-£ for a KW v2 with new strut legs. Dont know if thats good or bad?! Havent got into the prices so much yet
        Thats a pretty good price Anders... The cheapest (outright) V2 i could find was
        £1300

Jon
        sigpic

Comment

• this is the place who used to do the Variant 3.
          http://www.icjperformance.co.uk/prod...d=4&modelid=36

Comment

• just been looking and found these aswell, and a bit cheaper!
            http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...html?id=179064

Comment

• Looks like ICJ are getting rid of the S2 stock as the Coupe stuff is on sale as well

http://www.icjperformance.co.uk/offers.asp

Comment

• John: oh, so I guess i might go for that offer I got then (when the money is available..lol). The onlinestore Briggys posted, certanly have a good price, but with the coiloverkit imported and deliverd on my poarch, it might not be worth it (due to customs and shipping costs)
                The Customs are just brutal up here.. 25% VAT!

As for my car project, I have finished the subframe, but when I were to mount it, the alubushes were too tight for the bolts, so now I have to machine them 1-2mm bigger in the centre. The new bolts were also too small and did not catch the nut in the chassi, so the old ones must be used. No big problem, but it sucks cause I wanted to drive today!
                Anyone else had this problem before?

The same colour scheme would be used on the rear aswell. All parts are to be torn apart again in this fall to get everything powdercoated for a stronger resistance to undercar-hostile-debries. Also going for the arb's in red too..

cheers,
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• Ahh. I expect you got subframe bushes for an early S2, M10 instead of M12.
                  Nice wishbones BTW. I have a couple of subframes like that in my garage. Hang on. I have four subframes in there.
                  SS

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                    Ahh. I expect you got subframe bushes for an early S2, M10 instead of M12.
                    Nice wishbones BTW. I have a couple of subframes like that in my garage. Hang on. I have four subframes in there.
                    aha,
                    It had to be something like that. Now i know that Thanks Stu

The wishbones were glassblasted, and oh boy does that make thing shine instead of the normally sandblasting.
                    Lol, four subframe?!, are you building a semi with an boogey system?

I was unsure of the colour theme, but now I think it can be nice when finished..
                    Red calippers front/rear, wishbones, ARB's and the rest matt/half shiny black.

sigpic

Comment

• Edit.

Did find out. I have M14 bolts in the struts
                      Last edited by AndersS2; 25 July 2007, 20:45.

sigpic

Comment

• the M14 refers to the width of the bolt as opposed to the length
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• A little bit off topic...Well miles off topic, but Loving your garage floor, very tidy indeed..

Are they special tiles or just normal household tiles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubbedup View Post
                            A little bit off topic...Well miles off topic, but Loving your garage floor, very tidy indeed..

Are they special tiles or just normal household tiles?
                            I was admiring the floor too. It looks like my bathroom floor. I wonder if it is heated too.
                            SS

Comment

• Very nice Anders. Just arrived from holiday(hot water,hot chicks in bikinis on the beach,umbrella drinks and so on..) Coming to your place soon for inspection
                              Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
                              www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• I think that the tiles are some kind of industy tiles that are capable of high stress/loads, because its about time I get to ruin one, as all the craziest things are happening in there.
                                They are not heated though.. So it can be quite cold lying on the floor during winter time.

Nice Breitling. The cars is ready for approval and inspection
                                (renember to bring the white gloves for dust search)

Well, the car is on the road again, and boy now the rear end suddenly appers so wobbly even with the RARB on the stiffest setting. The poly and alu -bushes have transformed the car totally into antoher one along with the Promounts supplied by Corey. Taking on corners is really easy now, and accelerating, deaccelrating and braking feels much more improved. It also have stopped diving on heavy braking, and bodyroll really does not exist anymore.
                                I thought it shoulb be a very rough ride, but it far from not. Its just a little stiffer going over bumps and uneven surfaces on the road like it used to be.

Just need some crappy new tiers to wear out before winter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X