No announcement yet.

My s2 avant STEP 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Espen, will check it out tomorrow.
    Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• Did not get the recaros on ebay as they went for way over budget, final bid on €2700,- !

All parts sourced now to do the mapping, but I lack motivation.
      Only beer and sunshine these days.. So the s2 have to wait bit more.

Got a new set of injecors that flows 750ccm @ ? bar and an adjustable FPR for oem fitment. Need to mount these before connecting the new ecu and firing it up. Mobile 1 5w50 also bought, yet to be poured on.
      I suppose an update soon to come. I hope.

sigpic

Comment

• Hey guys.
        I got tired of all the beer, so after today all hardware is fitted and mounted!
        Tried to book mapping today, but no anwser. Guess the guys are working overtime before vacation, so I have to keep going on that.
        I was hoping to get a start/base map for my autronic from the tuner but no joy there, and I guess there isnt anyone in here that have one that they want to share?

I didnt get to bleed the clutch either, as there isnt much room left for a normal spanner. Is the solution to chop a spanner in half?
        Any BTDT are welcome

Pictures tomorrow

sigpic

Comment

• We need you to finish this and tread on the loud pedal and tell us how it goes!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
            We need you to finish this and tread on the loud pedal and tell us how it goes!
            Working on it!

If I were to borrow a zeistronix or equalant afr measurement device locally, I could be telling you this week how it rolls. I'll see what i can do

sigpic

Comment

• Good luck with getting it finally back on the road. I really like the look of your avant!
              96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
                Good luck with getting it finally back on the road. I really like the look of your avant!
                Thanks Tim. Love the route youre going with your own coupe. It'll be sweet when done

Ok, this was my first time bleeding the clutch on a s2 and I have to admit, what a nightmare! Getting access, have a spanner thats small, but big enough to grab/get hold of, and lastly to do it without pulling the gear linkage off. Biggest challenge on the s2 for me pr now. Anyway now its done and im one (positive?) experience richer.
                I will highly recomend this job as a challenge if you have issues with impatience
                Edit: Forgot to mention Hansen Motorsport's true commitment to come down and help out with the clutch bleeding. Superior customer care. Check out www.Hansenmotorsport.no

Brakes went smooth on the bleeding. Got the "suck-o-magic" flown in from far far away to assist on the job. Sadly no pics of it today, but i'll se what I can arrange in the future. Basiclly its a machine that can provide both pressure and/or vaccum for bleeding brakes and clutches. Really simple, making it all a one man job. Only used it on the brakes, with great success

As stated earlier on, the new injectors went in smooth along with the new adjustable fpr. Having the right tools like patience (!) and o-ring lube helps much:

Engine, finished atlast! No really, it is finnished!

I Love Aronmatic's carbon coil cover, and it fits well in the 'bay:

Pressurized fun, without heatshield for now:

End result, quite happy even though Im more of a grey guy than having the whole rainbow down in the enginebay:

Hansen Motorsport, highly recomended

Only thing left is to drive the damn thing. Mapping in a few weeks time. Plenty of houres left putting out my hunger for beer until then.

Weeeell, one more thing I need is the rs232 to usb -cable. Guess for what?!

sigpic

Comment

• Rns - e headunit? or aftermarket management?

Looking good either way mate, got anymore shots of the full car?

One last question, what was the specs of the suspension and wheels when you had the lm rep's on it?

Comment

• Very, very classy

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Agree! Good job. Colour of the coolant is the only thing not black or blue, but that can be fixed hehe.. Is that a black HKS filter?
                      Leif-Helge
                      -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
                      -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

• Wow, looking very clean

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
                          Thanks Tim. Love the route youre going with your own coupe. It'll be sweet when done

Ok, this was my first time bleeding the clutch on a s2 and I have to admit, what a nightmare! Getting access, have a spanner thats small, but big enough to grab/get hold of, and lastly to do it without pulling the gear linkage off. Biggest challenge on the s2 for me pr now. Anyway now its done and im one (positive?) experience richer.
                          I will highly recomend this job as a challenge if you have issues with impatience
                          Edit: Forgot to mention Hansen Motorsport's true commitment to come down and help out with the clutch bleeding. Superior customer care. Check out www.Hansenmotorsport.no

Brakes went smooth on the bleeding. Got the "suck-o-magic" flown in from far far away to assist on the job. Sadly no pics of it today, but i'll se what I can arrange in the future. Basiclly its a machine that can provide both pressure and/or vaccum for bleeding brakes and clutches. Really simple, making it all a one man job. Only used it on the brakes, with great success

As stated earlier on, the new injectors went in smooth along with the new adjustable fpr. Having the right tools like patience (!) and o-ring lube helps much:

Engine, finished atlast! No really, it is finnished!

I Love Aronmatic's carbon coil cover, and it fits well in the 'bay:

Pressurized fun, without heatshield for now:

End result, quite happy even though Im more of a grey guy than having the whole rainbow down in the enginebay:

Hansen Motorsport, highly recomended

Only thing left is to drive the damn thing. Mapping in a few weeks time. Plenty of houres left putting out my hunger for beer until then.

Weeeell, one more thing I need is the rs232 to usb -cable. Guess for what?!
                          hey Anders
                          you just need....

one of these.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            Rns - e headunit? or aftermarket management?

Looking good either way mate, got anymore shots of the full car?

One last question, what was the specs of the suspension and wheels when you had the lm rep's on it?
                            Its for the ecu yes, but sourced one now and fired it up on the new ecu. Instant change!
                            Fullshots coming up.
                            Suspension is H&R clubsport all the way down and LM reps et 35 in 8,5x18 with 225/40/18 Kendas. No spacers, no rubbing. Would still had them if only the 8-pots fit under them.

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            Very, very classy
                            cheers

Originally posted by dkw_dude View Post
                            Agree! Good job. Colour of the coolant is the only thing not black or blue, but that can be fixed hehe.. Is that a black HKS filter?
                            One should always have a small portion of pink on the car to attract the other sex easier. Only missing a hello kitty sticker
                            Yes, black replacement filter. You can only get them as a replacement but not when you buy the whole HKS filter itself.

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                            Wow, looking very clean
                            cheers! now wheres you urQ project?

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                            hey Anders
                            you just need....

one of these.....
                            Haha, damn oilcap pusher. If it werent for having a new s2 oem one i would have bought one

Pictures says a 1000 words, a movie says a bit more.
                            Had to rev it a little bit to ~2700rpm
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxTiezvFnyY

sigpic

Comment

• Very nice!!
                              congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post

Haha, damn oilcap pusher. If it werent for having a new s2 oem one i would have bought one
                                oil cap pusher.... thats funny....

Comment

Working...
                                X