No announcement yet.

95 S2 Limo Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lot of wiring/gremlins to sort out.

Looks like the brake reservoir sensor plugs have been chopped, there is a bypass link in one of the bulkhead connectors.
    The fuel pump is running with the ignition on and when you remove the fuel pump relay it still runs?
    Battery main cable runs from the boot down the nearside and right round the front of the car so would like change that and run through the chassis leg.
    Think the original ABY loom fuses have been spliced in to the v6 loom under the glove box instead of feeding to the fuse box.

wiring.jpgwiring 2.jpgwiring under glove box.jpg

Comment

The rear window is now fitted
      Now the car is sealed again it will be getting some serious cleaning to remove 10years of dirt.

window 2.jpgwindow 3.jpg

Comment

Not much been happening here got brakes and clutch bled through as brake pedal was going to the floor and clutch was not great either.
        So at least it is driving and braking.
        Gave it a wash and took wheels off to get rid of some of the old muck in the arches.
        Got it stored for later in the year as going to turn my attention on to the coupe to get the engine built up and back in.
        Certainly looking better now since it first arrived

OLLI0109.JPGIMG-20190102-WA0000.jpgIMG_6269.jpg

Comment

Good to have some of the basics sorted ready for the next set of jobs.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I’m liking this!

Comment

Time to get it out of storage
              Any news?
              00 S8
              94 RS2
              94 80 Competition
              88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

Still stashed away
                Turned it over a few times and got a few more parts, original cross member, intercooler and airbag steering wheel.
                Hope to move it into the garage before the end of the year and drop the running gear.

IMG_6428.JPG IMG_6628.JPG

Last edited by sjw185; 27 December 2019, 03:26.

Comment

Little update here,
                  Got the limo out of storage and transported up to my house.
                  As long as my Coupe engine build has a trouble free start work can begin.

IMG_8147.JPG

A few days with the doors open in a dry place to air it out a bit.

IMG_8169.JPG

10 Years of sitting idle have not been kind, checked out wishbones to see if pressed or forged?
                  Looking crusty

IMG_8162.JPG IMG_8165.JPG

Was going to order up all the bushes but decided to stand by until I get everything apart to make sure there are no surprises.
                  I will start at the rear and drop everything for blasting and painting.
                  First time for me working on B4 rear suspension, lets hope it comes apart ok.

Comment

Interesting car!

Comment

I like this project

Comment

Been working on the Coupe getting it back on the road so only got a few jobs done on the Limo.
                        Needed the TFSI coils off the limo to put back on my coupe but wanted to try another ECU first.
                        The ECU that was fitted has some sort of RS2 tune (JK tuning) so its starting and idle was poor.
                        Fitted Homefry ECU and it started on first turn and Idle was good.
                        The coils I got with the limo were crap but still have my coupe originals so got them installed.
                        I can now move both cars around but just sharing a MAF

Comment

most of that rear suspension will probably come apart but the lower bolts are a right pita and on my few s2 avants they ended up having to be cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
                            Been working on the Coupe getting it back on the road so only got a few jobs done on the Limo.
                            Needed the TFSI coils off the limo to put back on my coupe but wanted to try another ECU first.
                            The ECU that was fitted has some sort of RS2 tune (JK tuning) so its starting and idle was poor.
                            Fitted Homefry ECU and it started on first turn and Idle was good.
                            The coils I got with the limo were crap but still have my coupe originals so got them installed.
                            I can now move both cars around but just sharing a MAF

Got a good working MAF if you need one bud off my ABY S2 message me if you need it, I was lucky enough to find a brand new one so now have 2 spare.

Great project by the way will be a rare car wne finished

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                              most of that rear suspension will probably come apart but the lower bolts are a right pita and on my few s2 avants they ended up having to be cut off.
                              Looking pretty bad under there, not worked with B4 rear before, thinking to remove wishbones and hubs then drop subframe/diff together.

crusty rear arms.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post

Got a good working MAF if you need one bud off my ABY S2 message me if you need it, I was lucky enough to find a brand new one so now have 2 spare.

Great project by the way will be a rare car wne finished
                                Thanks Rikki, will give you a shout soon, most of my cash is going on suspension parts, need to get stuff up for sale myself to fund more bits

Comment

Working...
                                X