No announcement yet.

1995 Audi S2 ABY Ming Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 3 of the fault codes are on the same fuse, fuse 27. wiring diagram : http://s2-audi.co.uk/workshop/schema..._aby/page6.png
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
      All 3 of the fault codes are on the same fuse, fuse 27. wiring diagram : http://s2-audi.co.uk/workshop/schema..._aby/page6.png
      All fuses now checked and found to be in good working order.

It 'did' have an aftermarket alarm, but I am told that this was disconnected and the car came without any fobs. The keys that I have, don't have chips in them so I am assuming non immobilised?

When the ignition is switched on, the yellow car symbol is illuminated and then goes out. I think the next step is to remove the shroud and see what is connected to the ignition wires.
      Steve

1990 RR 20V
      1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Just come across an ABY fuse box picture and it would appear that I have some fuses missing? I can't see it being anything to do with the issue, but just thought I'd post it up.

19 Central locking, anti-theft, door lock heating
        23 License-plate light (only with daytime running light)
        24 Water pump, control unit man folding top/control unit autom. fold top

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Steve

1990 RR 20V
        1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

That picture implies 25 and 24 are missing as well as 19. There's an empty space for 26 (trailer) to the left of the engine fuses and 30 (cruise) 3rd from the right. There should be red 10A fuses in the missing slots
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by steverrquattro View Post
            I'm not going to post up every basic thing that gets done to the car as many of you will have BTDT. One thing that I did get done yesterday though, was to re-fit the gas strut on the NS. The problem was that the nut had come off the set screw, so to use the boot I had a trusty piece of wood.

If you partially remove the trim, including the piece that runs across the top of the headlining, you can just about get your hand in. At first it appears solid, but this is just soundproofing. Pop a little hole in it and you have limited access. Tape a washer to a nut and then tape it to your finger....and then present it to the inside of the rear quarter and then fix in the set screw. Oh and then struggle to get your finger back because you taped it to the nut!

Grease the female ends and then re-fit remembering to fit the clip and retaining pin.
            Another S2 with HSC in the number plate!! Same letters as mine

Comment

Originally posted by steverrquattro
              Just come across an ABY fuse box picture and it would appear that I have some fuses missing? I can't see it being anything to do with the issue, but just thought I'd post it up.

19 Central locking, anti-theft, door lock heating
              23 License-plate light (only with daytime running light)
              24 Water pump, control unit man folding top/control unit autom. fold top
              It’s normal mate, as long as you have the 2 fuses under the Motor cover for the ECU then you’re ok. I presume you’ve checked those two, they pull out as a pair.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

It’s normal mate, as long as you have the 2 fuses under the Motor cover for the ECU then you’re ok. I presume you’ve checked those two, they pull out as a pair.
                Yes, both checked and all OK. I wonder what the 'anti theft' bit means in the description for fuse 19?

Would a good check for the immobiliser issue to be to swap with a chipped ABY ECU?
                Steve

1990 RR 20V
                1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

You could certainly swap the ECU
                  As long as it’s for stock injectors it’ll be fine.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I’d stick a fuse in 19 anyway

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

If we go all the way back to the seller saying it always started, then you saying '
                      New timing belt kit fitted along with the hall sender and the car fired up 1st time. Started several times after that and now won't start.' then I think chasing missing fuses may not be helping the cause of this particular issue, no?

Out of interest, I know you're getting fuel, but have you checked the pressure?
                      Last edited by sidrick; 6 March 2019, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                        If we go all the way back to the seller saying it always started, then you saying '
                        New timing belt kit fitted along with the hall sender and the car fired up 1st time. Started several times after that and now won't start.' then I think chasing missing fuses may not be helping the cause of this particular issue, no?

Out of interest, I know you're getting fuel, but have you checked the pressure?
                        The car drove from the trailer onto my drive and after I was given the keys, it never started again. I pulled the codes and one of them was the Hall Sender, so seeing the poor state of the belt, I changed everything and then 'yes', it started up straight away and then failed to a few times after.

No, I have not checked fuel pressure. My issue at the moment is that there is no spark to ignite the fuel.
                        Steve

1990 RR 20V
                        1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Is the ground ok on the coilpack loom?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            Is the ground ok on the coilpack loom?
                            Is it just grounded through the one lead, which is currently on the rocker cover?
                            Steve

1990 RR 20V
                            1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

This is a link to the old thread, but it is just removing the aftermarket alarm. https://www.s2forum.com/forum/genera...r-issues/page3

I think I'll have a look at the wiring though just in case.
                              Steve

1990 RR 20V
                              1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

The ECU has been removed and it looks like it's never been opened. So much for the previous to last owner allegedly saying it had been chipped...……and also having the cambelt done!

I am now on the lookout for a cheap set on non immobilized chips.
                                Steve

1990 RR 20V
                                1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Working...
                                X