No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave, which version of the strut bar/mount do you have?
    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• B4 s2

Brackets were still on Audi Tradition when I looked last.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Honestly the stock looking strut brace bracket isn't the best look :/

Comment

• they are cheap and easy to get and also looks stockisch

Comment

• Yes, they are not expensive. These could be just welded on the stock tower?

Comment

• I started to rewire the wire battery initially, as the battery will be relocated to the trunk.
              For the main ground wire and feed wire I will use a 70mm2 wire, just to be safe. On the + feed I will also use a 200Amp circuit breaker.
              In the engine bay, there will be one terminal block (busbar) for the distribution of the positive feed to the engine bay/fuse box.
              Also, I will drill out the stock radiator bracket as mine is looking much worst than the "new one". I waiting for the strut mount brackets (Thanks Rik) and weld everything while everything is ready.
              After that, I will start to prepare the engine bay for the paint. Honestly, this will be a Pita job but has to be done before the engine swap. Any tips for preparing or products use on bare metal, bondo?
              Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

• Lots of different opinions on bare metal prep but after trying lots of different products my current favourites are, Novol Protect epoxy, Bilt Hamber electrox and epoxy, Bilt Hamber seam sealer. The main thing is to get all the rust off and have really clean bare metal to paint and in warm dry conditions.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Thanks, Dave, I will look at the products you mentioned. One question, on the bare metal I was thinking of using some Wurth Rust converter to seal the bare metal. What do you think? As i am sure there will be spots where i dont get with grind or with anything different.
                  Last edited by Tom_; 5 May 2023, 10:27.

Comment

• I haven't tried that but Wurth is normally good stuff. I use the Bilt stuff but you need to be very careful you don't get it too thick or it tends to flake off. Some use the converter then wire brush again so the converter is only in the pitting. Sand blasting gets into the pitting and gives 100% rust free surface ready for paint.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Sandblasting is good but honestly, I do not want the have a full interior with sand so have to go with another route instead of sandblasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                        Sandblasting is good but honestly, I do not want the have a full interior with sand so have to go with another route instead of sandblasting.
                        Wire wheel in grinder then
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yes Next week hopefully I will start on the engine bay. I Will be posting pictures of the progress.

Comment

• Today I deleted the second part of thé stock battery box. IT holds like hell especially in that corner where you can't get with anything. No drill. No grinder. But Its done. Also battery is relocated in thé trunk with a new holder. Waiting for some battery lugs to crimp on the wire. Wire is through whole car. Have to buy a two stud terminal block .

Odesláno z mého ASUS_X00QD pomocí Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

• So far this "engine bay grinding" job is the worst job ever It goes really slow and some spots are really hard to reach. There are some spots that looks bad, but some grinding and some chemical should help to prevent the rust again.
                              I was thinking it will be less time consuming, but the opposite is the truth

Comment

• Here are a few pics of the current work. Not an easy job. There is one spot around the steering rack bolts which are hard to reach with anything. Dont know how to remove the rust from there.

Odesláno z mého ASUS_X00QD pomocí Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X