No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Brent, yeah, the wiring job so far is the hardest job so far. It's sad, that the official Audi factory manual cant be bought. There are a lot of useful information.
    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Honestly, I do not understand why someone could make this type of joint in the wiring. It's really disgusting and I don't really understand it. It looks like all wires are removed, now I am waiting for the open barrel splice crimper tool and once I get it, I will start to redo these ****** joints and make them properly.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I bet the guy that did that tried first with a hammer.
        Like your thread!

Comment

• Thanks Hopefully, guys like him won't be working on the cars anymore as this could be pretty dangerous.

Comment

• Good work Tom!

Somewhere here on the forum there's pics of the pile of wiring and junk I removed from my coupe. 2 alarms, a tracker, a stereo install with 4 separate amps under the dash, and a bunch of stuff I didn't even understand, like a box with wires connecting to all the centre console switches!
            In all several kilos of wire and a pile of boxes of electronics.
            A lot of work to make good the looms but it's worth it, the alarms often break the feed to the fuel pump and ignition circuits with wire gauge and relays not capable of carrying the current, guaranteed to leave you stranded at some point.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• Thanks I won't install any alarm or immo or any audio I like the sound of 5 cylinder, so most of the time I have my radio turned off Now I have to redo these joints and after that, i have to remove the 7a engine harness, and to be honest, I am a little bit scared

Comment

• Finally, the stock 7A engine harness is out. It was a really PITA job as I was on this on my own, but it's done. Now, I have to check and mark a little bit more some wires and after this, I have to think about how I will route the new custom engine harness together with the battery feed to the fuse box and things that will stay. Maybe I will rework connections that should stay.
                I also start to rework some "******" connections which were there. I am using open barrel splices.

The battery wire for the fuse box should keep
                The alternator wire should keep
                Oil temp for AUX gauges should keep
                The starter wire should keep
                Wires for the fuse box (Engine control)

Attached Files

Comment

• My aftermarket alarm had a meltdown and nearly set fire to my car so had it all removed, there was a bin liner full of wiring and nonsense

Comment

• I am happy that my car didn't burned as well and it ends only up with a meltdown connector, so I know how you feel. People who did this should be banned for life to work on cars.

Comment

• Nice work on getting that 7A harness out in one piece. Can be tough without and extra set of hands to help.
                      2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
                      1991 Audi CQ - Project
                      1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• Another set of hands will be useful . Many thanks, Brent your tips were really helpful
                        Folks, do you know where this connection should be connected? I assume fuse panel, but i can't find where exactly. Could someone please point where this belongs? Its a red Brown wire from that bundle.
                        Last edited by Tom_; 2 April 2023, 17:52.

Comment

• Not sure but i can't see attached pictures in my previous post.

Odesláno z mého ASUS_X00QD pomocí Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

• I had a spare connector in my harness. The colour was brown and black.

Comment

• Which loom it goes in to? In these cars every "thing" has its own wiring loom (mirrors, windows, engine e.t.c) and red wire with stripe usually is fused line 30. Check where it goes to, take a picture of other connectors from the same loom, it will help to identinfy the wire.

Comment

• B5NUT: I was thinking if it's not a spare connector, but I found out after the engine harness was removed so not sure about that right now

mdz: I will check it more thoroughly, to see where it goes, but I am not sure if I could see that wire goes, but i will try. Yes, I was thinking the same, it's some sort of line 30

Comment

Working...
                                X