No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is only 2x2 connector...brown and white i think...One month ago i was on faul codes and no faulg code at all
    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Nice

Nice work you are doing! I owned a Coupé 20vq for 2 years. To bad it was not in your cars condition. Keep up the good work

Comment

• Thank you, but when i bought the car, its looks good, but after some close view, there was a lot of work to do . I cant even count how much money i spent on this and how much hours i did on this. But i am sure, that almost every coupe will be (at some time) need this attention and work. Its around 27 years old car. So lets get to work, these cars are slowly rare

Comment

• So today i mount Oil cooler, it was too tight to the front frame, so i need to little bit slice of the frame and now it sits better. I mount oil hoses, made a blind from a paper as a pattern to seal a oil turbo feed hole. Tomorrow i have a steel blind piece and than i switch oil housings. Guys, which hole is out to the cooler and which is in housing from the cooler? Today i order head bolts to AAT block, more stuff i will order little by little. I controled oil filter, because of problems (here with oil pressure and AAT block), seems to be good, no valve inside of filter. I was also waited to get back an oil cooler mounts from the powder coating. I hope that with 16 row cooler will be oil temperature around 100 degrees all the time...Now without an oil cooler temperature was around 130 degrees while i give the car hard time.

Comment

• I retro fitted an oil cooler to my 7 A and it has controlled the oil temps very well indeed! I see the needle on the 80 deg mark most of the time.

I see you have done exactly the same as I did - made a gasket paper gasket to blank off the turbo oil return line. I used a 1mm thick paper and made a 3 mm aluminium plate to clamp it down. It didn't take long to start leaking and it lost a surprising amount of oil. I got some 6mm thick aluminium and an original Audi gasket. Job done, no leaks ever since.

The gasket does have a hole in the middle which of course you don't need for a 7A engine but it was branded victor reinz and was only a couple of quid!

Comment

• Steve, where did you find a original Audi gasket?I cant find at ETKa at all, and the gasket to the block is NLA, so one company, which is interested in making all kind of gaskets made me from some material the same gaskets as OEM, i give them old OEM for measure and look. So i hope it will be good and no leaks
              Tomorrow i take a picture of the new gaskets which one company made me according to OEM gaskets.
              I have on thermostat 100 degrees, i was little suprised ,that is so much, but whatever it works, so i am curious what and how will be the temperature pending
              Last edited by Tom_; 27 June 2017, 22:08.

Comment

• I got it from the dealer (well, TPS parts) in Leicester.

I had to steer the parts guy through ETKA on the 3B engine S2 and there it was.

035 145 773 D

£2.10 each inc Vat

I don't known whether it was my home made gasket or the 3mm thick plate wasn't up to the job but it felt a whole load more reassuring with the new parts. torqued up nicely.

Comment

• Steve, there is no chance to buy this gasket, if i have a problem, can u send me one in letter, only if will be leaks . This is how looks a gaskets, which made me one company, i send them OEM to show. U can compare how it looks, its thick almost the same as OEM and the material looks very common. On the small gasket u can read REIN, so i think, that these small ones are made from Victor REinz material.
                  Finally i have a blank for turbo oil return line. Can u show me, which holes are to the oil and from the oil? Thank you

Comment

• Let me know how you get on and if you have a leak I can help...
                    I don't think you will have an issue though as if your company used Reinz gasket material I can't see why it wouldn't work! You blanking plate certainly won't bend either like i think my first one did.

I've just been out to look at my car and VIEWED FROM THE FRONT: the oil connection on the filter housing that is nearest the front goes to the left hand connection on my cooler (which is in more or less the factory position). I have never had any temperature or pressure problems so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this circuit, I am not sure it actually matters too much though as once the oil thermostat opens wouldn't it circulate either way through the cooler and back to the engine no matter which pipe it came down?

Comment

• Thank you for your kindness, Steve. I think either, but i want to be a 100% sure, that it doesnt matter, which outlet/inlet i used

Comment

• sorry Tom, i have just read what i wrote and realized i have got my left and right mixed up! What an idiot!

Here is a picture of how it is viewed from underneath/behind - hopefully i can't get that wrong!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks a lot mate perfect for imagination Nice and clean work

Comment

• So after some washing, cleaning, vacuuming , etc i take some pictures of the car. Today was great drive, i enjoy it. I got new rear bumper mounts, so now it fits perfectly, rear rubber side trim fitted (missing all metal studs). Tomorrow i want to fix some jingling, i think, that the exhaust it doing, so will see if its the thing what i suspect or not. Still need to solve ABS light on problem. Do a new black headlining and other plastic parts will be paint or cover with some fabric. And one headligh trim got cracked, so maybe some glue help. But this trim under the headlights is totaly
                            fkn useful

Comment

• looks very clean!
                              -1989 Audi Coupé 2017-...
                              -1986 Audi 90 2.2 2014-2017 Daily classic
                              -1993 Audi 80 1.9TDI |recycling OEM parts| 2013-2014
                              -1990 Audi 90 2.3 USA 2012-2013

Comment

• Thank you, still some work to do (never ending story)

Comment

Working...
                                X