Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuno Cristiano Cheers, mate

So some bits gathered, today i remove the last one piston with rod, bearings looks perfect as the others. So over the weekend i want to measure main caps oil clearence via Plastigauge.I hope that main bearings will be looks likewise rods big end bearings.
    I am really glad that finally arrived the book. Now i only turn pages and books looks very good and useful, so will see. i need to find some english dictionary and hope that i understand it well

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• So meantime i bought a TIG welder (DC) so now i am teaching with it to properly weld.I really like it, welds isnt perfect yet, but i hope that after some time it wil be better.

This was my first few welds...Some stainless steel and galvanized sheet metal

SS

And today weld..Some SS and some steel... 1.6mm tungsten, 1,6mm steel welding wire and 2mm SS welding wire and blue tungsten

6mm steel plates

Last edited by Tom_; 13 January 2018, 17:11.

Comment

• Hey lads, so after some while i update my topic. I am still collecting the parts but meanwhile i made a welding cart for my TIG welding machine. I got FCP h rods, aby oiljets, headgasket, new pulley on oil pump, nipple to the freeze pluig, nipple to the heater core, another oil pan, 60-2 trigger wheel housing, NGK red coils, some 12.9 grade main caps bolts and other stuff which is not included on pics. Still plenty of parts missing, but now i cant quit

Comment

• Nice!!
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Today finally arrived Turbo On Monday i get crank to the shop to check and polish if its need. So happy to have turbo at home finally something what i can cuddle

Comment

• Nice sunny day, i remove crankshaft, i measure crank with plastigauge. On monday i will take crank to machine shop to check, polish and hopefully get the right numbers for the new main bearings.

Comment

• So some updates
                  The crank was not good only one side where is woodruff key. So i find another one and this looks better as guy from machine shop told me, so i polish and grind them. But i have both cranks
                  Yesterday arrived turbo blanket on the hot side, fits perfectly. Than i practice my welding, made some brackets to the tyres for stop the car while i am changing tyres and than i make some cartoon sump baffles. I want to give a try, if its will be bad i order one from Thomas
                  Its not complete i want to make some holes for better oil flow from the bot sides to the oil pump.
                  Than i grind the block for weld the piece for headgasket, make a thread to blind one oil hole and weld a bung for a crankshaft breathing

Not too much time to make more things because of next month i have a final exams at college, or how its says
                  Last edited by Tom_; 1 May 2018, 19:55.

Comment

• Another few parts arrived...I hope that i could find here some AAN/3B/7A head for sale in good condition without cracks. In turbo i made a new oil outlet threads, because of problem to find bolts with proper thread (in your country is used a metric system)
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Some sump baffle oil plates almost done...Its from 1mm thick steel plate. Nose full of grinding **** Need to be done "open door styles" . Some next parts i recieved, some turbo outlet hose, some flanges. Get some TDI pedal box for electronic throttle body, but need to made new plastic bushes.

Comment

• Seems like that all of them have broken accelerator pedal.
                        Used donor pedal, don't remember what model it is from.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• I thought, that the plastic acc pedal is only click on that plastic cover

Comment

• Looking good Tom
                            That engine building book is very good, you will find it very useful
                            If you can send me the pedals I can make new bushes for you
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thanks Alex, that shipping cost more than whole pedal box Thats problem. I try to find someone here who should do that, if not, i let you know. U need whole pedal box? Not only those plastic bushes? I am thinking about buying some more books. This book is very good and useful. Lot of good informations and well explained

Comment

• I only need the pedals themselves, not the whole aluminium piece.
                                The actual insert is easy too, it's just the external shell which is slightly different on each pedal due to the manufacturing process (friction welding).
                                I have plenty other books but the one you have is by far the best
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X