No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you finding the oil temperatures now with the cooler plumbed in?

Comment

• No yet connected with hoses but i wan it tomorrow or next week i am too tired after drinking
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Today i remove the old housing, i was little bit nervous, if it goes well to remove it, but it was fine. Than i clean hole in the block, clean all ares (to filter and to the block) remove 2 pins from the old housing and take it on the new oil housing, than put new gaskets (to the block and turbo feed oil hole is covered) Than i connected oil lines, but one have a 90 degrees turn and other havent, so i need one more. I was sure that the 90 degrees will be not problem at all, so i trust him

What about increase amount of oil? Any ideas?Because i know, that old setup havent oil cooler, and new one have, so i am not sure whats the optimal amount of oil? 1 liter?

Last edited by Tom_; 24 July 2017, 17:48.

Comment

• It's about 4.2 litres of oil on s2 I think
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• With filter? 4.5L OEM...Thank you Greg

Comment

• Strangley it is 4.5l for the 7A as well and that didn't have a factory cooler. I'm sure most folk fill their new oil filters when doing a change, I just did the same with the cooler - it wasn't much to fill it, and once it it up and running it will fill itself and the pipes up fully. the only way to get fresh oil into it for the next oil change is remove it and drain...if you are that worried about such a tiny amount of old oil left in it that is

Comment

• I know, its strange, that 7A have more oil than S2 with oil cooler. I am not worried about old oil left in the system. Only thing that i give not to much oil, because when is oil thermostat closed, on the mark will be more oil than when will be open. So i think that to upper mark on the oil dipstick will be enough

Comment

• So today a finished an oil cooler and oil lines and stuff around. I only start and let it a few minutes idling, if there is no leaks from the block to oil housing and oil filter, seems to be good. I also mount a fireproof protect on one oil hose, because of close area to the heat shield. Certainty is certainty I mount the upper part of the cooler with one temporarily solution, but i think its good and no big wigglegind at all, right side is missing, but next time. I know that dont look best, but i think that sufficient.
                  So next time i will test if there is no leaks at every single transition. But i hope, that everything will be OK, no leaks and rapid decrease of oil temperature

upload pic

Comment

• Oil cooler installation looks really tidy
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Thanks Greg, few things is just for test while will be no leaks i do a final adjustment (cable ties) and maybe the upper mount, but this solution is without work

Comment

• So after some driving, no leaks at oil cooling system,whats perfect and its really diference when the oil cooler is installed. I drived one night "hammer time" and temperature was around 90-100°C, mostly around 90°C but temperature dont across the 100+°C, so i am really happy. I dont expected so much difference and i am satisfied with the results, thats a really "need" thing...Next time when will be oil change i maybe used a 10W50 instead of 10W60.

Guys, any chance to get a new servo pump cap (i have leaks in that place)? PN is 026145541 , but here in CZE or Poland i didnt find it I am not sure if the leaks is because of bad ring sealing or the cap itself. I dont wanna remove and look before i have some other ...
                        117233_x800.jpg

Comment

• Here can see the leak around the cap
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Tom, You can change only the seal ring

Comment

• I know, but i rather have a cap either I try to look today. I am curious, if the cap will remove easy or not...

Comment

• Continue!
                                .: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V 91' :.
                                .: Audi/PorscheRS2 95' :.
                                .: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 96' :.

Comment

Working...
                                X