No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep your chin up.. and the good work as well!

Hi Tom,
    I'm new to this forum but I've read your thread with great interest since I have bought a 1991 CQ (7A) as well.
    I'm sorry to hear about the breakup, but you're doing a great job on the car. Keep looking towards the future. Behind all those clouds, the sun is shining!
    Greetings from Belgium

Comment

• Thank you guys, for kind words... I really appreciate that. Tomorrow i start with the removing the front subframe, any ideas, if its a option to change a OEM 20V front sway bar for stiffer one? Now i am waiting for for rest of the wheels (2 pieces) with ET 25 , so wheels come together and ready for summer...
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Hey Tom ,

Sorry you had a hard time last year, hopefully 2014 is treating you better
        You can use an S2 front ARB which is 26mm (20v is 25mm). You should upgrade the rear ARB too, this makes a real nice difference to the handling.
        Looking forward to seeing your coupe with new wheels fitted
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Hey Alex,

thank you, i think,that year 2014 will be better at all If i use a S2 front bar,can i use a oem 20v control arms? Btw i havent rear ARB at all, because my 20v subframe version havent any ARB at all :/ Can u describe differences between RARB vs non RARB?

Thank You

Comment

• For font brake setup i advice to use bmw 7s e38 4pot brembos 728/730/diesels(pistons are the size 40/44mm). Use a8 312/25 rotor and weld rotor centers, redrill 4x108 and it will look like this.

Alot cheaper than porche setup. Not as fancy and i ques preformable but still.
            1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
            *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
            1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

• Good to know, but i can use a focus rs mk1 rotors,which have a 324/28mm and 4x108,only need is to redrill a little bit a centre hole..Only problem which i have,is that i havent know any man, who can make a good brackets...
              Last edited by Tom_; 27 April 2014, 09:56.

Comment

• Do the calipers just bolt on then?

Comment

• No because calipers have a different bolt pattern,than OEM calipers and i dont know calipers, which have same bolt pattern as a OEM.If i have a man who can make a good brackets,its no problem to fit the on the car...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                    Good to know, but i can use a focus rs mk1 rotors,which have a 324/25mm and 4x108,only need is to redrill a little bit a centre hole..Only problem which i have,is that i havent know any man, who can make a good brackets...
                    Didnt know that, so the only thing is that you have to redrill the center? Other than that pnp?
                    1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
                    *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
                    1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

• Yes,but i dont hold a RS rotor, but what i read, its only need to redrill center hole and maybe something,but its more easier than use and A8 rotors...Now is question which calipers can i used and who make the brackets...I know,that one Polish guy, he selling a kit on cq20v ,which included a brackets,cayenne porsche brembo calipers

Comment

• For the focus discs you need to open the centre bore out and also the wheel bolt holes as the focus ones are smaller on both counts. There is pictures in my thread I think.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Yop, as Kieron said,cetner hole and bolt holes, i wasnt sure about the bolt holes, but its no problem to bore something else Kieron, which calipers did u used?

Comment

• I have bmw e38 728 calipers. I've mocked up brackets in mdf, need to get them made in something a little stronger but the last place I asked had them for 2 months and didn't do anything. :corey:

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• What about brake hoses?Does OEM brake hose fit to e38 calipers?What about spacers?Are they necessary?I have a new Team dynamics wheels,but i wont use a wheel spacers....
                              Last edited by Tom_; 27 April 2014, 16:05.

Comment

• I've not fitted them yet but the fitting are the same size don't see why original hose wouldn't go. Plenty of hoses to pick from anyway and I would get some braided ones made to length. I need about a 10mm spacer to clear the inside of my wheels, but I can't remember my offset.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                                X