No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like you have been hard at work Tom with the refresh. What bushes are you going to use on the subframe and wishbones?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I am working on car,but i dont get pictures of grinding under the car.Subframe bushes are 034 motorsport,and wishbones are OEM, because of roads what we have there.I can put some hard bushes,but i decided to used a oem for better damping of inequalities the road and still i am waiting for a few parts,than i can completed subframe.Missing 2pcs of wishbones bushes and wheel bearings and of course i must to say,that one mother****er which have my diff on check and demarcation the space inside, he did his work so bad,that now i cant turn around with inlet to diff (it get soo hard) so i must wait on next person,who i hopefully did it right.Now i am goin to change tyres on my wheels for Kumho...

tyres on wheels

Last edited by Tom_; 11 May 2013, 11:21.
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Some parts arrived,some dont,i expected rest of delivery at end of week.Bottom get grinded and now waiting for primer and then Valvoline Tectyl and than i can fit new brake and fuel lines

Comment

• Today painted with a primer,maybe tomorrow i get Tectyl on it,that will be finish result.I know,that looks not so good,but that primer is very good.

Comment

• I though about doing that too, but after reading error404s underseal work, I opted to remove all underseal and as I was doing that I found more rust just starting, even though the underseal looked good.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=42945&page=5
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• i want it too,but i havent enough space under the car,when i get under the car,i have a floor a 10cm from my eyes,so you can imagine,how is that comfortable.Wish i have a lifter as u

Comment

• Almost done,but i hate this work,never more

Respect to all,those do this work too....

Comment

• Looks good, it has to be one of the hardest jobs on the car.
                  Eric

Comment

• Yop,i can confirm that.Lot of hours of grinding and than lot of hours painting.But if in future,i i do it again ( for many years) i will get it a blasted with dry ice,its expensive,but without work for me

pictures after blasting

Comment

• Exactly, same here. Dry ice blasting in future.
                      Eric

Comment

• Fuel line almost finished,only connection at engine bay left and brake lines left...

Not perfect,but for the first time,isnt looking so bad..

Comment

• Looks very clean underneath now. What did you use to underseal the car?
                          Eric

Comment

• Valvoline Tectyl

Comment

• Just picked up the rear calipers after restoration,looks perfect and handbrake is now working....

Get short shift, compare vs OEM shift

Alloy pad on

Still thinking, if is necessary to cut of the black plastic around shifter and need to redrill washers

Comment

• Yesterday was a very productive day.Finally i recieved my diff,so i should assambled rear subframe.Few bolts i missed,so i need to buy and than fill diff with the oil and every bolt get tightened.Maybe today i assamble springs,shocks,etc...Its time to get car ready

Comment

Working...
                                X