• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes you need a remap.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• how much does it typically cost i wonder?

would a chipped ecu do the trick or would it be the whole headphones on, drive it round kind of thing?
      ''I'm 999 thou' short of a mill!''

Comment

• Car is now being broken for parts.... http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55199

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• Are these cars really worth more in bits? Sorry to see a nice car go this way!

Cheers,

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• That's quite sad, still it's yours to do what you want with. Personally I'd flog the wheels and brakes then buy some standard items for peanuts and sell it for 500 quid less than you were asking for it. May seem like hassle but it would be quikest way to get what you want back for the car. I've broken S2's and it will take a long time to recoup anywhere near what the car is worth in one piece, sure some stuff sells like hot cakes but this only accounts for about 2.5K after the brakes and wheels have netted you just over 1K, getting rid of the rest is arduous. I've still got box boxes of stuff in my attic from 2 years ago. Also this is a crap time of year to sell a car or parts for that matter, especially for good money, I'd be surprised if you get rid of a lot of the more expensive items till February at the earliest.

Not meant as a dig at all, just an observation and an opinion on what I'd do having had first hand experience of breaking these cars and other VAG stuff for over Ten years.

That said I may well be interested in the all the panels as mine is the same coulor, please drop me a PM with some rough prices, I'd be prepared to collect them as well.

PS, I was going to post this on your for sale thread but didn't think was good form.
            Last edited by K Simmonds; 28 November 2011, 09:56.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• I can unnderstand why you priced your car as you did, but unfortunately it's just not worth tht much in this climate.
              The S4 and RS4 boys have found this, simply due to the state of the market.
              I was toying with selling mine, I paid 8k for it and know that's what it's worth still, but the market says different and similar spec cars are starting at 8k and not selling until the best part of 2k is knocked off it!
              I don't NEED to sell mine, so am sitting on it for now until prices improve as I'm not giving it away for the sake of it.
              So unfortunately, at the moment all decent specced performance cars are worth more in bits, and I'm not prepared to break mine.

So unless you really need to sell it I'd park it up in the garage again and wait for better times

Comment

• As above, there are a lot of owners putting them back to standard spec, the car is not wor much less without the upgraded parts, but more money can be had from selling them separately. Remember you can part ex for theirs standard parts if you don't have them anymore

Comment

• Sorry to hijack the thread, Dest you selling the S4? How comes? Got bored and want an S2 back?

Comment

• Originally posted by dest View Post
                    Remember you can part ex for their standard parts if you don't have them anymore
                    That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                      That's quite sad, still it's yours to do what you want with. Personally I'd flog the wheels and brakes then buy some standard items for peanuts and sell it for 500 quid less than you were asking for it. May seem like hassle but it would be quikest way to get what you want back for the car. I've broken S2's and it will take a long time to recoup anywhere near what the car is worth in one piece, sure some stuff sells like hot cakes but this only accounts for about 2.5K after the brakes and wheels have netted you just over 1K, getting rid of the rest is arduous. I've still got box boxes of stuff in my attic from 2 years ago. Also this is a crap time of year to sell a car or parts for that matter, especially for good money, I'd be surprised if you get rid of a lot of the more expensive items till February at the earliest.

Not meant as a dig at all, just an observation and an opinion on what I'd do having had first hand experience of breaking these cars and other VAG stuff for over Ten years.

That said I may well be interested in the all the panels as mine is the same coulor, please drop me a PM with some rough prices, I'd be prepared to collect them as well.

PS, I was going to post this on your for sale thread but didn't think was good form.
                      Hi Kit,

It is a sad day, but there is no way that someone will pay the asking price for the car & a quick tot up of the parts will bring in much more money. I break MK2 Golfs as my second job now and I know what I can get in bits for one of those and the S2 is very similar and I'm not in a rush to sell the parts....

What panels are you looking for?

sigpic

Comment

• imo and from cars that i broke getting neer to £5000 is way off....more like £3500...be better off selling it cheaper in 1 piece and less hassle

Comment

• Originally posted by cooperquattro View Post
                          imo and from cars that i broke getting neer to £5000 is way off....more like £3500...be better off selling it cheaper in 1 piece and less hassle
                          People say the same about MK2 Golfs and I know what I can get for one of them in parts...

sigpic

Comment

• If your not in a hurry to move the parts then you will make more over time, can't deny that.

I 'may' be interested in the wings and bonnet and perhaps the doors, as once I finish the currant phase of my restoration, which I'm nearing, I'd like to sort out my body work. If all those panels on yours are dead straight it would save me days of filling and sanding and I could just paint the rear quarters, roof and bumpers.

I'd still rather see the car live on mind you.

Comment

• You must be crazy to break an 83k miles car, what is the world coming too?

Put it back to standard, sell all the modified bits and keep another s2 car on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                You must be crazy to break an 83k miles car, what is the world coming too?

Put it back to standard, sell all the modified bits and keep another s2 car on the road.
                                ^^^^^^^^ ......... Wish I had the 6k spare to buy it !!
                                Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                                VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                                VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                                Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Working...
                                X