• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
    As For Cradle Snatching....
    ages / 2 + 7
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Update...

Got fed up with you lot having a go about my mat choice....

So I thought I would have a play with the wife's new toy... She bought one of those portable steam cleaner's which did a great job of cleaning the rug in the lounge... So came back from the pub the other night and thought I would use it on my new "Recaro Edition One" Interior I boght from Germany and it has done a superb job...

So I dragged out my old mats that I bought for the car the year I bought it...

I cut off the heal pads and got the steamer fired up and this is now how they look in the car now...

I have to say these mats from Autostyle are far better quality than the new ones I bought... But they should be they were £110.00 when I bought them in 1995...

Hope these make all you moaners happy!!! :mischeif:

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• Just read through this thread, very nice motor you have there mate. Have to say, the green mats suit the interior colour much better imo, you made a good choice switching back.
        "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dmacdou1 View Post
          Just read through this thread, very nice motor you have there mate. Have to say, the green mats suit the interior colour much better imo, you made a good choice switching back.
          Yep.... I have to agree...

sigpic

Comment

• Well This is gonna sound stupid...

But I have just found something out about the old lady that I never knew.... Duhhh Owned her from the year dot...

Just got her cleaned and went to see my mate Matt about getting a set of RS2 brake-lines made up for a forum member....

So we stuck it on his new Snap-On Ramp to measure up the set fitted to mine and I was having a poke around underneath and saw that she has been factory fitted with a tow bar kit...

Have never found the swan neck hook in the car, but then again I've never had the spare wheel out yet, so will have a dig around and see what I can find...

What a D1ck.... (No need to comment!!)

Just need to find the service book now...

sigpic

Comment

• Took her for her MOT today.... Passed with flying colours....

The Guy testing her was more interested in the car than in the test...

Even let me drive it on the ramp and do the brake tests and lights etc...

Not a single issue...

Always nice to meet a guy who likes his classics... He loved my Golf Too when he ested that last week......

He's got a Morris Minor...

Anyone who needs a test in Sheffield doing and wants a guy who like classics drop me a PM and I'll let you have his details...

sigpic

Comment

• very cool Ken... those factory hitches are very rare
                Cheers mis amigos,
                _Anton

Comment

• Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
                  very cool Ken... those factory hitches are very rare
                  Any chance of a few pics when you have her up on a ramp next?
                  Shane

Comment

• My Mechanic mate recons it was a £700.00 option when new...

So it seems it was a really high spec car when ordered by the dealers as a show car...

AC
                    Pop Out Rear Windows
                    Leather Seats
                    Carbon Interior
                    Towbar

Wonder what else I might find....

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                      Any chance of a few pics when you have her up on a ramp next?
                      Yes M8....

What do you want pics of? Just the tow bar?

Next item on the to do list

is the Group Buy With the 3" Downpipe comes I will be getting that fitted with the DTM rear box I have... and straight through pipes...

sigpic

Comment

My Mechanic mate recons it was a £700.00 option when new...

So it seems it was a really high spec car when ordered by the dealers as a show car...

AC
                        Pop Out Rear Windows
                        Leather Seats
                        Carbon Interior
                        Towbar

Wonder what else I might find....
                        Opening rear windows, nice spec. Did you ever go through the options codes on the sticker in the boot. Fascinating stuff really.

Re pics, I'd just like to see how it's mounted etc.
                        Shane

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                          Opening rear windows, nice spec. Did you ever go through the options codes on the sticker in the boot. Fascinating stuff really.

I've never looked for the sticker TBH... (Didn't know there was one til I joined here)

Apart from drive, clean & Pay for her I have never "touched her", untill I put her back on the road last year...

Any other work I have always had done by professionals... Inc Stereo fitting Etc....

I will take some pics tomorrow... But there's not much t see as it is totally hidden inside the rear bumper... Which is why I have never noticed it before...

sigpic

Comment

Well This is gonna sound stupid...

But I have just found something out about the old lady that I never knew.... Duhhh Owned her from the year dot...

Just got her cleaned and went to see my mate Matt about getting a set of RS2 brake-lines made up for a forum member....

So we stuck it on his new Snap-On Ramp to measure up the set fitted to mine and I was having a poke around underneath and saw that she has been factory fitted with a tow bar kit...

Have never found the swan neck hook in the car, but then again I've never had the spare wheel out yet, so will have a dig around and see what I can find...

What a D1ck.... (No need to comment!!)

Just need to find the service book now...
                            I know how you feel m8, had the same with mine, after we had exchanged monies and signatures the guy then comes out of his garage with a bag and gave me the hitch...what towbar!!!, me and my mate never noticed it.

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                            here is a link to some pics of mine that was sold, dont know if its the same as yours Ken.
                            ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by s2spike View Post
                              I know how you feel m8, had the same with mine, after we had exchanged monies and signatures the guy then comes out of his garage with a bag and gave me the hitch...what towbar!!!, me and my mate never noticed it.

here is a link to some pics of mine that was sold, dont know if its the same as yours Ken.
                              Hi Andy Long Time no see M8...

Yeah that looks like the one... All tucked under the bumper... Nothing to see unless you're looking for it... Didn't know it was such a lump of metal!!!

I will have to have a look for the swan neck part as I say I've never seen one in the car...

Shaun I'll take some pics tomorrow.... Of one fitted to the car..

sigpic

Comment

• Towbar Pictures

Pic's of a Factory Fitted Tow Bar On My Coupe...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X