No announcement yet.

My 1993 ABY S2 Coupe - Bought & Owned since 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought new fog lamps as the plastic moulding had faded over time. It was the only way to get it looking new at the front again....

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I did the same.
      You can either buy the entire unit, or just the case/glass and then swap the guts from the old one into the new.
      If you do that (its really easy) you must buy the fitting kit aswell, which is basically a few special screws that cannot be reused from the old one.
      I got mine from Vagparts for about 30 quid or so (obviously you cant do that now!)

Comment

Nice load of dust...it will be 6 years next Feb for my UR and no way is it as dusty as that! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ducky View Post
          Nice load of dust...it will be 6 years next Feb for my UR and no way is it as dusty as that! lol
          The dust comes Free Of Charge!!!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Just had a frustrating & a good day working on my Lady!!!!

I have been p**d off with the old stereo which had a (Sony) 6 disc "Mini-disc" player which was state of the art when fitted.... & was gonna be the next great thing after CD's....

Nothing wrong with the head unit (Sony CDX 6850 Radio & CD Player) just no easy way to add in an Ipod connection... Didn't want to use a FM radio conversion as I have 2 of these and they are OK but not great!! & would get in the way when changing gear if it was plugged into the cig lighter...

I also wanted to have a bluetooth phone connection so i didn't have to pull over everytime the phone rings (when I can hear it!!!).... But I dont want to put in a Parrott unit due to its ugly - but useful interface (we have these in our Fiesta ST's)...

So I did some research on the tinternet and found a review online by What Car on Bluetooth headsets - Well

Been checking them out for a while and checking prices and I fancied the Alpine CDE-103BT

Best price I could find was £169.99 - so put it on hold..... Just checked Halfords site yesterday after being bored at work and they had a promo on with 20% off all Tinternet order's - this brought it down too £159.99 with store pick up (& store fitting £9.99 but they couldn't do it for 10 days as the fitter was going on holiday - WTF!!).. So I picked it up yesterday on the way home as I pass the Rotherham store - just about...

So got up early this morning to fit it before the GP started.... Told the wife it would only take 20 mins to fit - as the instructions implied that the rear conections were the same.... Me and my big mouth - 3 hours later

Some how it blew a fuse when I was fitting the unit... But not the obvious one in the fuse box - no that's far too simple....

It's an after market one fitted by the firm that did the sony unit... & it was under the rear seat... Talk about frustrating

Whilst i was fitting the head unit I thought I would do the alteration to the Relay 281 as the HID units fitted was causing the auto check to come on....

Whilst I had the shelf out I also took the oppertunity to feed the wire for the microphone through the maze of wiring there (The Mic is a bog ugly thing in comparison to the Parrott version) but it fits nicely onto the drivers parcel shelf so it can't be seen and neatly tucked away - but it works really well and is crystal clear both with incoming & outgoing calls - and you dont have to try and chace the wire all the way upto the sun visor!!

Thanks to the peeps who have put all the relavant info on this site it was most useful.. made the job simple to do - OTHER than getting the Bl**ding relay out!!! What a Bit*h....

So all done HAD to take the lady out for a spin and test the bluetooth of course :mischeif: and we have a super bit of road near us which is called "straight mile" and I have used it as a testing strip for all my cars (Focus RS - RS6 - Fiesta ST -Focus ST - S4 Cab Etc) and although she's now 16 years old - She can't half still move...

Is so chuffed to have her back on the road and its true
            Last edited by Le S2 Audi; 24 August 2009, 00:13.

sigpic

Comment

As has been said already... wait till its homefried!!
              You should try to get down to the rolling road day next month, will be plenty of S2's there for inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                As has been said already... wait till its homefried!!
                You should try to get down to the rolling road day next month, will be plenty of S2's there for inspiration
                I may well try & get there!!

sigpic

Comment

Car looks great. Bet your glad you kept it? My cousin has just put the same head unit in his Polo, great bit of kit.
                  Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
                    Car looks great. Bet your glad you kept it? My cousin has just put the same head unit in his Polo, great bit of kit.
                    Ta M8,

Yes I am glad - but that was always the idea....

The head units seems a happy "medium" - as it has all the gizzmos and does away with having to have all the other cr*p that goes with separate units cluttering up and damaging the dash....

I am waiting for the Ipod cable to arrive (not the 3.5mm jack) the proper one so you can access all the info from the pod and stick it hidden in the glovebox....

Only thing missing was the exra output for the subwoofer that the Sony unit has...

So will have to do a crossover from the amp...

sigpic

Comment

Been working on the Lady today!!!

Got the main amp and subwoofer amp sorted out with the new head unit....

Sounds pretty dam good!!! Just a pity I can't control the subwoofer independantly from the head unit like I could with the Sony unit.... But heyho....

Next;

Clear Side Reapeters arrived yesterday - fitted today.... (Bit annoyed as one of them has arrived damaged - the lens was not glued to the silver reflector.... Tried to glue it back but all that did was to cloud up the lens, don't know how as I didn't get any glue on the lens.... Used superglue.... Very Wierd...) Good News is that I then contacted the seller on Ebay and they are sending out a free replacement...

Next;

New fog lamps arrived at work from Pete @ Quattro Corner.... The wife brought them home this afternoon - So Rushed out - screwdriver in hand & new Xenon H3 bulbs only took 20mins to fit.... Dead easy!!

Switched on the side lights with LED's fitted.... & the Fog's...

Then with the main lights (H1 HID 6000)

But I have to say I am not impressed/dissapointed with the yellow - ishness of the Xeneon bulbs!!

Will have to have a search for something better without having to fork out (£60.00) for a HID H3 Kit!!!

Any Suggestions????

sigpic

Comment

DDM tuning, they are stateside but have very cheap prices and very good quality products.

Comment

I used a £30 set of hids off ebay, worked fine and a good match

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            I used a £30 set of hids off ebay, worked fine and a good match
                            New or on auction....

Where did you put the ballasts??

sigpic

Comment

New, there is loads of sets on buy it now instead of auction. I put one on top of the oil cooler duct and the other in front of the chassis leg hole.

Comment

DDM tiny ballasts...

Comment

Working...
                                X