My 1993 ABY S2 Coupe - Bought & Owned since 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
    How come your car was in the factory same week as mine yet didn't get ellipsoidal lights (H1) or white indis ?
    Dunno....

But I have also just ordered the clear ones and the oval clear side's...

This Forum is gonna bankrupt me soon....

But I'll get over it when the old girl is back next week!!!

Shes in getting the bonnet & top 2 wings sprayed and then they are gonna machine polish her.... Only £40.00 Cheaper than buying the polish!!!

I wont have to get sweaty either!!! BONUS

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
      its and odd one as its also go the very late spec (and very very nice) leather
      I guess the leather was a special order as it was one one of audi dealers wifes runna round!!

I guess they didn't wanna stain the seats....

sigpic

Comment

More Pics

Popped round to see her yesterday and she was in the paint shop....

She is having the bonnet and 2 front wings, and door mirrors painted...

They were primed yesterday and will be painted on Monday, then its a full machine polish....

Tuesday shes back to the workshop to get the Big Red's (996) Calipers Discs and Avus 18" wheels fitted...

Then SHES COMING HOME!!! YIPPPPPPPYYYYYYY

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
          I know but its been in that condition since I bought it 15 years ago so why would I do it now???
          Because you've never been in a chipped car??

I'll give you 2days after the first meet you go to until your PM'ing Paul about Homefries
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
            Because you've never been in a chipped car??

I'll give you 2days after the first meet you go to until your PM'ing Paul about Homefries
            I'll borrow yours for a couple of days then!!!! Seen as your just round the corner!!

I have said to Paul, I'll have a look at one when I know the old girl is running fine in normal mode....

sigpic

Comment

More stuff arrived Today.... HID H1 6000 Set

Also arrived the clear Indicators, Clear Oval Repeators & LED Side light Bulbs....

They will be getting fitted as soon as she come back!!!

Got the Calipers & brackets (KDR) Ready for fitting, now we have the correct bolts to mount them on to the arm!!

sigpic

Comment

Nice brackets....
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Brackets

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                  Nice brackets....
                  Ordered a set of Mounting Brackets from Kev (Bainbridge+) Forum member... (http://www.kdr-engineering.co.uk)

sigpic

Comment

I thought I recognised that registration... I have pictures of your car on my PC -taken in 2002 when it was at my brother's garage for some work doing... shocks and discs/pads by the looks of the photos. ...and yes he used to get parts from GSF for my S2 also, that's why it cost be ****** all to run my S2 for the 4 years I had it.
                    '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
                    S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

did your HID kit come from germany by any chance ?

Comment

Originally posted by 20vTurbo View Post
                        I thought I recognised that registration... I have pictures of your car on my PC -taken in 2002 when it was at my brother's garage for some work doing... shocks and discs/pads by the looks of the photos. ...and yes he used to get parts from GSF for my S2 also, that's why it cost be ****** all to run my S2 for the 4 years I had it.
                        I tried to contact Darren when I wanted to put it back on the road but his number must have changed... Hardly surprising after 7 years....

I knew his brother had one as he told me... That was when he had that G60 he used to race in yellow... Then went onto bikes....

I also bought a Golf MKII GTI from him... Loved that car!!!

That must have been when I had new disc's & pads fitted just before I laid it up due to the oil leak.... speeding fines & sheer cost of spares... How things have changed..

How is he? Whats he up to now? Tell him I was asking after him - Plz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
                          did your HID kit come from germany by any chance ?
                          No Fleabay..... From this company
                          H1 Kit....

Only took a couple of hours to fit & they look superb & so .....

Would recomend fitting them to anyone!!! & for only £60.00....

sigpic

Comment

kit looked identical (same ballast mfg & bulbs) to one I got from germany about a year
                            ago, can't agree more , great value and improvement over the OE setup

Comment

996 Brake Upgrade work done today 18-8-09

This is the work that has been done today to get the Porsche 996 calipers mounted.
                              Close up of the KDR bracket when fitted to the main arm...

NEW flexi brake pipework in place using existing mounts;

NEW Mount pipework, A8 Disks, 996 Caliper & RS2 Hardlines in place;

HID H1 Kit & LED Side Lights Fitted;

Old lights V's HID New;

A few pics of her after she's been to the spray shop... She still needs a final finish & polish...

Hope to have her back on Thursday - should have been today but GFS delivered 1 incorrect disc - correct size wrong offset and is normal they didn't have any in stock!!

More pics to follow!!

sigpic

Comment

Shes in getting the bonnet & top 2 wings sprayed and then they are gonna machine polish her.... Only £40.00 Cheaper than buying the polish!!!
                                cheap isnt always good seen some very bad results from so called body shops using heavy compounds and creating more damage and swirls
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X