• Show
Clear All

Anybody tried the H3 12 LED's

Linky

Dam sight easier to fit!!!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Yep! I have them in my side lights and they are brilliant!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
        Yep! I have them in my side lights and they are brilliant!
        Cheers.... Fat

I have the 5 unit ones in the sides but just wondered if the 12's were "That Much Brighter" as I dont think the smaller ones will give enought light for the fogs!!

Guess I will order a set and see how they look!! - - I hope!!

sigpic

Comment

S2 ride

Hi guys. iam new to the forum, i was thinking of buying an S2 and was wanting to know if the ride suffers when you fit 18in rims, ie tram ride etc

Comment

Originally posted by dbell View Post
            Hi guys. iam new to the forum, i was thinking of buying an S2 and was wanting to know if the ride suffers when you fit 18in rims, ie tram ride etc

IMHO it makes no differance to the ride.... An S2 has a hard ride anyway...

The main reason for fitting them is to improve the brakes which as standard are pretty rubbish... Especially when driven "Hard"... The other reason I fitted 'em was that again IMO the car looks better as the larger wheels & smaller profile of tyre matched with the spacers "Fills The Arches Better" and gives the car a better stance & Profile!! - But IMO you have to fit the Avus wheels to keep the "orginal" look.... Which is what I wanted!!

I can't honestly say that buy fitting the 18's it has better road holding as it has been six years since i drove it hard with the standard set up!!

The Porsche Brakes make one hell of a differance thoo.... Should have had these fitted from new!!!

Hope this helps...

sigpic

Comment

S2 ride

Hi thanks for the welcome. i have to say your car looks very smart, not to over done.
              the old saying less is more springs to mind. with outdoubt the 18in wheels really help the apperance of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by dbell View Post
                Hi thanks for the welcome. i have to say your car looks very smart, not to over done.
                the old saying less is more springs to mind. with outdoubt the 18in wheels really help the apperance of the car.
                Thanks for the coments - thats what I wanted - To keep it as orginal as possable but with bringing the into the 21st Century...

It has to be said that in the begining I wanted the car 100% standard but after being on here for a few weeks that thought was quickly changed!!! :mischeif:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
                  Anybody tried the H3 12 LED's

Linky

Dam sight easier to fit!!!!
                  Just tried to use these units.... and I have to say they are an absolute load of cr*p.... :corey:

They didn't even light up the Fog lamp housing....

So they have be sent back to the Fleabay supplier with an email requesting a full refund inc postage....

So now thinking about a proper set of H3 HID's if I can find a set at the right price!!! with small ballasts

sigpic

Comment

Just taken delivery of some new mats from Autostyle.co.uk

Did have a sey of green ones with cream pipping (also from Autostyle - now listed for sale on the forum!!)

I saw Jas11's (thanks for the logo - which I have added here for other to use) mats and just had to have a set of black ones with red pipping to match the S2 logo.....

Logo if you want to use it for your own mats!! Thanks to Jas11

sigpic

Comment

can't you get them with holes in the front mats for mounting onto the carpet fixing points ?

Comment

I have the same mats and used an "awl" to make small holes in the correct places. They are then perfect for pushing over the buttons on the floor of the car...
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
                          can't you get them with holes in the front mats for mounting onto the carpet fixing points ?
                          I am Waiting for them (Autostyle) to ring back about the mounts....

They used to do them... As my old set has them!!

The fixings supplied are not suitable for the tabs in the car!!:corey:

sigpic

Comment

Surely those holes will just rip and tear with any hard usage... I'm not upholstery expert, but you can get some sort of reinforcing rings to stop the holes turning natsy looking.
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                              Surely those holes will just rip and tear with any hard usage... I'm not upholstery expert, but you can get some sort of reinforcing rings to stop the holes turning natsy looking.
                              Like these!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                                No, because the mats are foam backed and do not split / rip any futher. Mine have been like this for years with no change in the hole size.
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X