My 1993 ABY S2 Coupe - Bought & Owned since 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Gauge Now Fitted...

Boost Gauge & Mount have arrived, after much searching to find both....... From this thread!!

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43074

So the Tools came out after lunch and work commenced...

No Major issues... Had to hack a section of the flap the shuts off the airflow to the center air vents... It only took a few minutes with a screwdriver to pop it out hack it and fit it back in with the help of a pair of plyers...

The Gauge mount is a perfect fit to the vent and the gauge fitted nicely into the mount...

Biggest PITA was getting the boost pipe down to the ECU as there are hundreds of miles of wiring from the stereo to the Amps in the boot... Had to clear them all out so I could get the pipe work down...

At least with having the stereo out it gave me the power supply for the Gauge... only issue there is that it needs both a switched supply and a constant one... The constant was no problem as my stereo one is a constant... The switched was a right PITA to find... Wired it up to the Hazard warning switch in the end...

Took me 3 hours to fit it and get it all glued into place... and needless to say have have the obligatory cuts and bruises related to getting the ECU boost pipe off and fitting the T piece...

Been out with the camera and have taken a few piccy's....

Thing I like about this gauge is that if you get bored with the colour you can change it.... Just press the button!!!

Need to Take some night time shots... but it's not dark yet!!

Took the car out for a test drive and it was showing a boost of -0.6 on tick over which I think is normal and under full power it was reading 1.3 to 1.4 Bar.... Is this right for a Homefried ECU????

Thought I read it should be 1.8 Bar???

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• 1.8bar if your running an rs2 turbo and relevent hardware. On a homefry 1.4 is spot on.
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
        1.8bar if your running an rs2 turbo and relevent hardware. On a homefry 1.4 is spot on.
        Thanks Bo...

Just what I thought...

So NO boost leak....

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Car looks good, dash looks nice too but I don't like the back lighting, each to their own I guess.

I also agree about the mats BUT its your motor.

Nice RS6 btw !

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
            Car looks good, dash looks nice too but I don't like the back lighting, each to their own I guess.

I also agree about the mats BUT its your motor.

Nice RS6 btw !
            The Mats are crappolla quality to be honest.. not a patch on the quality of the old ones (Same supplier) that I still have... So I may end up taking them out and put the Green ones back in...

I like the back lighting - vast improvement on the OEM ones... IMO...

Loved the RS6.. just got so expensive to keep on the road....

£3K every visit to the dealer... £600.00 for disc's every 10K...

sigpic

Comment

• Considering the amps you have, the flashy back lights and nice mats would I expect to see you down Mc Donalds on a friday night with Eminen playing to the locals ?

<joke>

Comment

Considering the amps you have, the flashy back lights and nice mats would I expect to see you down Mc Donalds on a friday night with Eminen playing to the locals ?

<joke>
                Prefer BK TBH....

Other guys all drive Saxo's so bit outta my league...

sigpic

Comment

• love the fact you started off adament you weren't gonna mod it and now you've ended up with loads done

i can believe the bills are stupid but i would swap my s2 and my misses for an RS6 any day of the week

How old are you if you dont mind me asking? Just noticed that you were listening to a 50p (sorry 50cent) album

Comment

• Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
                    Prefer BK TBH....

Other guys all drive Saxo's so bit outta my league...

Those mats would probably be better suited to a saxo IMO does your supplier to HP ?

Whats the mileage on the S2 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 86style View Post
                      love the fact you started off adament you weren't gonna mod it and now you've ended up with loads done

i can believe the bills are stupid but i would swap my s2 and my misses for an RS6 any day of the week

How old are you if you dont mind me asking? Just noticed that you were listening to a 50p (sorry 50cent) album
                      Yeah.... Funny that...

One thing leads to another and so on... No Homefries no nead for the boost gauge etc...

Next thing is gonna be a 3" down pipe and exhaust then a bigger turbo....

I have to say I wouldn't swap my S2 for any RS6..... It's just a big box... Ok super quick etc but IMO an S2 has Soul & Class & better handeling (even if its not that ***** hot).... R8 well thats a different matter!!!:mischeif:

Your as old as the woman you sleep with.... and she's 12 years younger than me... & in her mild 30's

sigpic

Comment

Those mats would probably be better suited to a saxo IMO does your supplier to HP ?

Whats the mileage on the S2 ?

sigpic

Comment

• Night Shots!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
                            Your as old as the woman you sleep with.... and she's 12 years younger than me... & in her mild 30's
                            Cradle snatcher -
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Good tunes I see too

Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                                Good tunes I see too

Proper Tunes....

As For Cradle Snatching....

Hey Ho.... She can look after me when I'm old and past it... :mischeif:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X