No announcement yet.

A non Audi build thread !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be great if you can get a better quality copy of that, looks really interesting.

I've found a fair bit out about the Morris brothers 309, not so much about mine but I did pop into SHP on wednesday and had a chat with Sonny about it and he remembered it well, he also gave me Paul Mcmillans number who was the owner of it back in the day and apparently he knows everything there is to know about it.

One thing I did want to find out was what the original colour scheme was based on which turns out to be the old Securicor colours, Sonnys wife is going to try and dig out the original build pics from their archive which would be excellent !

I'm loving the fact the car has some proper history, makes it just that bit better.

BTW not sure if you had mentioned it but I believe the Morris brothers do still own the Fast Car 309 according to a thread over on tentenths.

Comment

Spent a few more hours doing some research on the car and found some more pictures.

I also found out some more on the black 309, mainly that is was written off at Thruxton, lots of pictures on Flickr but you can't save them sadly.

Anyway another picture of the yellow peril, its not that wide lol

Comment

If you want to save them, its a bit more hassle but just do ctrl + print screen then open up paint and paste it in and save what u want

Comment

Found a link for the Morris Brothers car that shows some very interesting pics.

http://www.309ownersclub.com/Communi...rsaloon#p51165

Cheers Pete, much better pics in the link I've just posted anyway !

Comment

Well had the car delivered today, very happy with it its no show piece but if it doesn't go round a circuit well I'll only have myself to blame lol

Piccys !

Needs a cambelt cover and new filter !

No heavy steel doors here lol

My first drive round the site, struggled with the clutch setup a LOT, must of stalled it 10 times, dogbox is nice though

It will be a few months until I get to use it, got a small list of things I want to sort, its setup to run air jacks which must of been removed at some point.

The weight is approx 850/900kgs according to the guys who built it, we jumped it over on the trailer with ease though.

I certainly can't say its mint, the panels are all Kevlar and are all removable, its got its fair share of stone chips and panel gaps are what you would expect from such a car like this thats been around so long. The interior needs a good spruce up, mainly behind the dash but thats something I'll probably sort whilst I'm fitting the new dash and wiring.

Comment

Nice James
              Chef

Comment

That looks the b****cks!
                PS. Where does the stereo fit?
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

The stereo pokes out of the sideskirt under the drivers door, that or from the gearbox lol

Comment

That looks like loads of fun!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just seen this
                      I LOVE the thundersaloons, will definitely have to pop over at some point for a look at it mate!

Comment

Yeh anytime Dest, shame its not road legal, but then you know your going to get yourself in trouble if you could use it anytime !

Comment

awesome, looking forward to seeing it in action some time this year then
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

this looks awesome, cant wait to see some more updates.
                            96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Its a crazy looking car and looks so much fun! Love the blistered wheel arches they are like a cross between sport quattro and integrale ones, but on steroids!

Comment

Well minor update but pulled the ecu loom out today and the dash.

The Motec has been wired into the existing cossy loom then had the wiring for the second row of injectors added into it, it wasn't actually as rough as I thought but then he original loom is christ knows how old and I don't fancy it letting me down and costing me an engine.

A few piccys !

Loom out !

Dash out !

Whilst the dash is out I can address the ever so old wiring thats lurking behind it, I'm going to move the relays and fuses all onto the dash then move the drivers control panel onto the prop tunnel so the passenger doesn't switch the car off whilst were flying round a circuit somewhere lol

I'm also going to stick in a Race Technology dash and a AEM wideband so I can keep en eye on everything much easier than you can now.

It was good to get the dash out as there is a lot of paint peeling off here and there which means there is surface rust in a few areas, luckily thats all it is and although I'm not going to do much with that for now I know that come next Christmas its not going to be a massive job to pull it all to bits and get some fresh paint on it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X