Giving the S2 some love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
    Really weird fault with the S2 today, and an even more bizarre 'holistic' fix.

I parked back on the drive with the S2 this afternoon and the fan kept running on speed 2. I left it, thinking it'll shut off, but 15mins later it was obvious that wasn't going to happen.

Anyway, after some tinkering, I tapped the Aircon relay and it immediately stopped. Looking at the relay board, there's three "214's", so I swapped in the fog light relay '214' to replace the Aircon relay, and all is copasetic.

Here's the weird bit.

Three weeks ago the Ur quattro had the X relay fail and I swapped in the one from the RallyRep, then ordered the 'as described part number' direct replacement.

Of course it wasn't... But as a £10 venture I just wrote it off.

Guess what? The 'as described' X relay turns out to be a direct replacement for '214', air con relay...

So that is now happily sat in the S2 powering the fog lights rather than 'relief' relaying in the Ur

​​​​​​You couldn't make it up.

​​​
    It happened to me once, stoped the car and the fan kept going and it shouldn´t as it wasn´t that hot, after a while looked for the relay and removed it and the fan stopped, put the relay back on and has never happened again, this was 5 years ago, it is not the first time that my S2 cures itself!

Comment

• Looks so much better with Elipsoids.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• If you have not upgraded to HID's in the elipsoids - do it! It makes a vast difference. HIDS4U have been really good to me in the past
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
          If you have not upgraded to HID's in the elipsoids - do it! It makes a vast difference. HIDS4U have been really good to me in the past
          Care to share, or if you have done a post, please direct me there. Is it a straightforward conversion? I need to enhance the lights on my RS2 - TIA

Comment

• Well, both the S2 and S3 passed MOT on Tuesday without advisories. So I clearly got the elipsoids fitted correctly and the DIY refurb held inspection. Then, this evening, the S2 decided electric windows are pure evil, and stopped working. Just right when you return to a hot car. Anyway, I seem to recall this problem many moons ago. So, a quick search of this fine forum, and I had a word with this fella….

And behold, the electric windows are back.

In other news.

Refurbished and ported K24 for the AAN.
            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• I know the weather has been rubbish, but I just wanted to drive this morning.

Pictures taken outside the Cass Sculpture Park, Goodwood.

The S2 ran great, such a competent machine and a pleasure to just enjoy.

93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Weather looks fine to me

S2 looking rather good too

Comment

• She is looking fine
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Thank you gents, tempting fate here, but it does seem to be a happy bunny at the moment. Given the £xxk spent, one would hope so….
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• I came back to the S2 yesterday evening and it looked like this…

In Sussex!!!

The world has gone mad..
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Just a couple of pictures from this morning’s run out. Nothing to report really, just enjoying it…

They are taken up by Goodwood racecourse.
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Looking very nice too

Did you do many miles?

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post
                            Looking very nice too

Did you do many miles?
                            Hi John
                            guessing about 80 miles or so, Worthing, north to Ashington, cross country via Advasane to A272, then, Petworth, Midhurst, south to Goodwood racecourse , then cut back across the downs to Eartham and Slindon, up the A29, then across via Amberley, Storrington, A24 back to Worthing. There’s some nice country roads in there.
                            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Hi John
                              guessing about 80 miles or so, Worthing, north to Ashington, cross country via Advasane to A272, then, Petworth, Midhurst, south to Goodwood racecourse , then cut back across the downs to Eartham and Slindon, up the A29, then across via Amberley, Storrington, A24 back to Worthing. There's some nice country roads in there.
                              Some of my favourite roads, car or bike

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

swap the 2.5mm yellow wire from pin 7 to pin 8.
                                A bit outdated message, but be careful with that mod. The load coming through the stalks with both high and low beams on is pretty high. My stalk was heating and I made a relay for the lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X