My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slazenger View Post
    hi.how do you fit the HAA door lock? i've got the HAA conversion kit from a6/c4 and the door lock it's bigger on HAA
    Would also like to know.
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• You need the whole door handle from the A6.
      1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

• Thanks for the tip! From what year was the HAA type used on A6.
        I was parting 95 A6 one day and it had the old type key.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach.003 View Post
          Hi, I could ask for involvement 2000 A6 C5 diesel cluster in B4.
          Hi!

You'll need to make adapter harness or swap connector housings arranging wires according to a6 wiring diagram. IIRC '00 A6 had oil temperature/level sender in sump which can't be tricked easily so needs to be connected otherwise check computer will shoe "SENSOR" warning. Also A6 reads fuel tank level opposite way - it will show empty tank when it's full and vice versa This can be solved by modifying cluster firmware or using cluster from B5 A4.

Originally posted by slazenger View Post
          hi.how do you fit the HAA door lock? i've got the HAA conversion kit from a6/c4 and the door lock it's bigger on HAA
          You'll need a handle from A6 too.
          Early C4A6 still had old type keys. IIRC it was 1996 when they changed. I got my kit from '96 car.

Updates on car will follow bit later, need to take some more pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
              Hi!

You'll need to make adapter harness or swap connector housings arranging wires according to a6 wiring diagram. IIRC '00 A6 had oil temperature/level sender in sump which can't be tricked easily so needs to be connected otherwise check computer will shoe "SENSOR" warning. Also A6 reads fuel tank level opposite way - it will show empty tank when it's full and vice versa This can be solved by modifying cluster firmware or using cluster from B5 A4.

You'll need a handle from A6 too.
              Early C4A6 still had old type keys. IIRC it was 1996 when they changed. I got my kit from '96 car.

I saw you did some work on b4-a6 cluster, maybe you have a pinout for b4 cluster, I'm trying to install a b5 cluster.

Thank you !

P.s. already did install RF keys in my car, but what about pop - ing truck, what did you use there?

Comment

• Hello to all old Audi fans on here.

Due to some changes in my life, I took a break from living in garage and participating car events this year, but now I'm back full throttle. I wasn't actually sitting with hands in my lap, so here's the small things done till now:

At the end of 2016 I smashed front bumper into pieces while having some fun on snowy forest backroads. Guess I was going too fast for tires and road surface, rear end spun out going sideways in long left turn and I flew off the road crashing into pile of frozen sand. Bumper was FUBAR, lost one turn signal and intercooler was ripped off. Ziptied everything together and went further. Spent the year driving with Coupe bumper, got another S2 bumper, repaired it and now waiting to get painted. No pictures from accident, but I think you've seen 80 without front bumper

Next was wideband Motronic ME7.5 conversion. I thought a step forward when I did wiring for this engine so I pre-wired everything I would need in the future (wideband O2, VVT). So for me swap was just a change of O2 sensor (which I got used from C6 diesel just because why no to try ) and swapping an ECU.

Then I made stainless steel exhaust heatshield.

Some porting on the exhaust manifold. Not really worth paying money for the job, but I had the tools and free time to do it, so why not.

Another "Hold my beer" idea - N/A exaust cam install. I knew the possible outcome and gave it a try. Lost some low end power, got a deeper exhaust note and that's it. Area in powerband where N/A cam can give some power is further in rev range where tiny K03 chokes so I went back to stock turbo cam. In the same time I installed a VVT cam chain tensioner. Currently it's switched off in ECU, but I'll get on to mapping it later.

Latest addition - black leather seats. Same combination as before - heated C4 Recaros in front, B3 seats with installed heating elements in the rear. Will post better pictures in next updates.

At some point I bought and parted crashed 2000 A4 avant. Mainly because of engine, 1.8T ANB. More I was taking it apart, more I was sorry the car was crashed so badly because it was really well maintained and fresh car. It was also proved when I took engine apart - everything was clean and mint condition.
                Why would I need another 1.8t?
                That's right, I have my hands itching on building one with way more power than existing. I'll be keeping an engine, maybe gearbox, exhaust system (it had aftermarket 63mm exhaust installed) and some other minor bits, rest will be up for sale. I've already started to work on the new engine build.

That's it for now, much more to come. Last week I passed our MOT with score of 0, which translates as "Car has no defects" or something like that ( 1 means there's some minor defects, 2 is for defects that must be repaired in months time, 3 is for towtruck). Also now I got a company car I'm driving daily so I'm not using 80 to go to work anymore and it's more practical to carrying stuff being a wagon (Å koda Octavia).

Finally here's some pictures from our local lowered car enthusiast meetup:

Updates to follow
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 13 photos.

Comment

• Not a daily anymore huh? Hmmm...

Comment

• Interesting update. What the main differences over the evolution of the 1.8T engines?
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• "Software changes" and far better diagnostics.
                      5vtq gte

Comment

• Basically there's early 1.8T (AEB, AJL) with cable throttle, 058 block (external waterpump, shaft driven oil pump) and narrowband Motronic M3.8 management. Later came engines with 058 block (APU, ANB and more), narrowband drive-by-wire Motronic ME7.5 management with 1 or 2 O2 sensors and latest was 06A block (internal waterpump, chain driven oil pump) wideband Motronic ME7.5, variable valve timing (codes AWT and more). Also lots of variations of them with different features.

Shortly after Christmas mate said he got B4 16v as an engine donor for his B3q, I went to take a look at it and ended up buying off rest of the car from him. It still has 5 months of MOT, approved LPG installation, some minor cosmetic defects but also got some goodies like V6 front optics, working sunroof, intact instrument cluster housing and some other bits that I'll use on my blue B4. Plan is to put some engine in, fix it up to shape and use it as backup car/daily beater. Not actually worth a thread, so I'll post my work here since everything I'll be doing is already done on blue one but not documented or pictures lost.

Oh, and one more nice comfort feature - one way valve in windscreen washer system from C4 - fluid now sprays instantly when touching washer stalk.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Hi mdz, I wanted to recommend this thread to a friend who recently bought an RS2 as it is such a good thread for me and would be good for him, but because of Photo bucket changes all the photos are not visible, is it easy to repopulate the thread with the 'missing' photos or is it a mammoth task that would take hours upon hours to do manually ?

Thanks either way.

Any updates by the way ?

Kind regards.

Comment

• use the "photobucket hotlink" plugin for yr browser, will fix the problem in most cases

Photobucket HotlinkExtension to fix the hotlinking issue in Photobucket, It's not needed to pay with this extension, the images will continue loading.Extension to fix the hotlinking issue in Photobucket, It's not needed to pay anything with this extension, all the images will continue loading without any problem. If it's not working for you, clear cache or do a full refresh of the page.

The extension doesn't access to your data on the websites, neither to the users nor passwords. It needs the permissions to access the urls to detect photobucket links and fix the request to keep the images working as before.

GItHub: https://github.com/BridgeTroll-IO/ph...et-hotlink-fix

Chrome version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...alioapbifiaedg
                            Opera version: https://addons.opera.com/es/extensio...et-hotlink-fix

Comment

• Yes, easiest way will be to use plugin for your browser to see pictures hosted on photobucket. Now almost any browser has one. Downloading all the pictures, hosting them somewhere else and going through whole thread editing links is massive amount of time. When photobucket did this [censored] move, I wanted to delete my account, but as soon as browser plugins started to appear, I decide to keep it because now they are sort of usable. Anyway, knowing I've been an inspiration to someone is great, thank you for that. I'm always open to help anyone, just post here or drop me a Pm.

As for an updates, not much interesting to show at the moment. I've bought new front wings. They're aftermarket, made from thinner metal than original, but shape is ok, will see how they holds up. Finding somewhat useful oem wings here is major pain in the *** here as most of them are rusted. I have one in my storage, but I'll save it for the future. Also got a good used bonnet so whole front end is going for a respray. Got a new foglights, set of intact clear front indicators, replica RS2 front grill and some other minor goodies.
                              At the same time I'm building an engine and gathering parts for the green 80. Initial plan was to slap together some engine quick & cheap but it failed ending up with completely dismantled 1.8T from B5 I parted while ago being fully rebuilt using quality parts.
                              I'm starting to think such option as "quick and cheap" is not possible for me

Anyway, weather looks very good today, so I'll get my hands on both of them and return with pictures later.

Comment

• How are both of the projects coming along?

Comment

Working...
                                X