My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mdz View Post

Yes, easiest way will be to use plugin for your browser to see pictures hosted on photobucket. Now almost any browser has one. Downloading all the pictures, hosting them somewhere else and going through whole thread editing links is massive amount of time. When photobucket did this [censored] move, I wanted to delete my account, but as soon as browser plugins started to appear, I decide to keep it because now they are sort of usable. Anyway, knowing I've been an inspiration to someone is great, thank you for that. I'm always open to help anyone, just post here or drop me a Pm.

As for an updates, not much interesting to show at the moment. I've bought new front wings. They're aftermarket, made from thinner metal than original, but shape is ok, will see how they holds up. Finding somewhat useful oem wings here is major pain in the *** here as most of them are rusted. I have one in my storage, but I'll save it for the future. Also got a good used bonnet so whole front end is going for a respray. Got a new foglights, set of intact clear front indicators, replica RS2 front grill and some other minor goodies.
    At the same time I'm building an engine and gathering parts for the green 80. Initial plan was to slap together some engine quick & cheap but it failed ending up with completely dismantled 1.8T from B5 I parted while ago being fully rebuilt using quality parts.
    I'm starting to think such option as "quick and cheap" is not possible for me

Anyway, weather looks very good today, so I'll get my hands on both of them and return with pictures later.
    THX for the help, and nice work on your Audi 80, amazing just amazing. Great read.

Comment

• WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 10.38.24.jpg
      It's been 1.5 years since I left the car for respray and FINALLY got it back.
      I must finish some other jobs and then work on this will begin. Season is coming fast, i feel lots of late nights ahead

Regarding the other 80, anyone intersted in thread about it? Car is on the road since autumn last year, nowhere near to this one in terms of look, but is a perfect example of how "I will not modify this" is not true.

Comment

• I can't wait to see whats next!
        //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 10.38.24.jpg
          It's been 1.5 years since I left the car for respray and FINALLY got it back.
          I must finish some other jobs and then work on this will begin. Season is coming fast, i feel lots of late nights ahead

Regarding the other 80, anyone intersted in thread about it? Car is on the road since autumn last year, nowhere near to this one in terms of look, but is a perfect example of how "I will not modify this" is not true.
          Yes please

Comment

• Yes please as well

Comment

• Deffo

Comment

And last thing somehow related to this thread - I know at least 4 fwd -> quattro conversions, but all of them are avants. Is it possible on saloon? My friend was scrapping fwd B4 saloon, so I thought I should find that out and took a screwdriver.
                Aaaaaaaaaand....
                Yep

Is Quattro conversion still planned? Are those Avant Quattro conversions documented somewhere? Thanks

Comment

Here's how adapter harn(m)ess looks at the moment:

Illumination partly fixed. Everything illuminates but automatic brightness works in completely opposite - it dims when I cover light sensor

Do you have a diagram or a pinout of the original tacho?

Comment

• Originally posted by matthew071998 View Post

Do you have a diagram or a pinout of the original tacho?
                    http://www.s2central.com/S2_Schematics/MY94-ABY-A.html
                    Look for "Dash panel insert"

Comment

• I've been struggling with upgrading the central locking for the past month.. I've got a pump from an A8 and all the wiring (everything) from an a4 b5 1998. The pump is 8L0 862 257G. I also got the doorlocks so that I can also do the HAA conversion but finding a a6 c4 is really hard in the Netherlands. One of the problems I'm facing is the bootlock. I was looking at a8 bootlock since they have the same number as a6 but that one is way bigger than my coupe bootlock how did you solve this? Also how did you make the microswitches in the doorlocking mechanism? Since an 80 doesn't have them. Thanks for any help.

Comment

• B3, B4, C3 and C4 have microswitches in the lock but only on cars with factory alarm.
                        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• My S2 3B Coupe has microswitches in the door locks.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

• It depends on what switch he's talking about. If one that monitors door opening/closing, then it's located in door sill, one that monitors if doors are locked/unlocked, it's inside vacuum actuator or one that locks/unlocks central locking and arms alarm, it's inside doorlock barrel.
                            BTW this season I'm out of luck. Ton of work has been done, but engine started to run rich with no appearant reason and now I'm building new underdash wiring loom and new engine loom to add some more options and finally get AC working. I've driven it less than 100 km this year
                            But everything is ok, I'll get it back running by the end of this season and then I'll update the thread.
                            Aaaaand I bought a B4 Coupe

Comment

It depends on what switch he's talking about. If one that monitors door opening/closing, then it's located in door sill, one that monitors if doors are locked/unlocked, it's inside vacuum actuator or one that locks/unlocks central locking and arms alarm, it's inside doorlock barrel.:
                              I'm taking about the ones in the door barrels

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X