No announcement yet.

My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the sound deadening make much difference on the centre console?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• A little bit. Console feels more solid when you knock on it. TDI had some insulation there from factory. Quattro might have more noticable difference because of longer gearbox and propshaft that's making more noise under there.

Here's few more pics from this summer. Taken by our local forum member Sergov

Comment

• This car is beautiful.

Comment

• Hi mdz,
          Can you tell me what you have repurposed the function of cabrio hood switch on the centre console to do? Door lock security maybe? Sorry if you have already detailed this somewhere in your project thread.
          Last edited by Nuvo; 19 November 2014, 09:33.

Comment

• It's Cabrio window button. Not connected anywhere yet but the idea was to use for the same purpose as in Cabrio - to open or close all 4 windows at once. I'll need to think for some better solution for this than 4 massive relays as it's on Cabrio. Would love to get roof button, but that place is reserved for some other button in future.
            I already have door lock button in drivers door

Comment

• Yesterday I woke up and saw this:

Yep, ugly wheel season is here So this morning started with little exercise. Since it can't get any more worse than 15' wheels with balloon tyres, my choice for winter 15's was C5 forged 10 spokes. They're stronger and best of all - lightweight.

These wheels has flat surface between bolt holes so I had to cut off 3.5mm from bolt heads

20mm adapters all around at the moment, but I'll have 26mm adapters made up to compensate 6mm offset difference between front and rear after 5x112 swap.

And got more stuff to play with:

Central electrics control unit from B6. It's responsible for exterior lightning, windshield wipers, windshield/headlight washers, horns and more. Problem is - it's using lot of CANbus communication so if I can get at least lightning working, it'll go into car.

Comment

• looks truly amazing on baloon tyres.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
                  It's Cabrio window button. Not connected anywhere yet but the idea was to use for the same purpose as in Cabrio - to open or close all 4 windows at once. I'll need to think for some better solution for this than 4 massive relays as it's on Cabrio. Would love to get roof button, but that place is reserved for some other button in future.
                  I already have door lock button in drivers door

Like this?

Last edited by Dim4ik; 12 December 2014, 10:38.
                  Audi Coupe quattro

Comment

• Originally posted by Dim4ik View Post
                    How can that be done?
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Dim4ik View Post
                      Yep, exactly. Saw your wiring diagram, it looks similar to one used in Cabrio. I'm looking for different solution, because I don't have a place for 4 or more relays. Carrier under steering wheel is almost full and one place under rear seat is reserved for future fuel pump wiring mod.

In other news, found that thread about 8E0 brake upgrade. It was more or less about quattro, but my 80 is fwd, so I did a test fit. An yep, they do fit on FWD too, you just need to get brake hoses from the same B6 with banjo fitting and brake pads from B6 (B4 pads are too high and hits against caliper.).

So I gave them a quick clean and rebuild. If everything goes as planned, they'll go on car this weekend.

Wasn't really on my must get now! list, but for that price I had no choice - OEM black grab handles. Great replacement for painted ones

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
                        Yep, exactly. Saw your wiring diagram, it looks similar to one used in Cabrio. I'm looking for different solution, because I don't have a place for 4 or more relays. Carrier under steering wheel is almost full and one place under rear seat is reserved for future fuel pump wiring mod.
                        Something like this

I think about windows motor from A6C4 `97. They are have control module in motor. They should not have used these four blocks.
                        Audi Coupe quattro

Comment

• C4A6 motors are way too different to fit. I had this idea too, but after disassembling one, I found out it's just impossible.
                          Maybe this: http://www.alm.hk/tiny/tinyefh.php

Comment

• So in case anyone wants to use B6 aluminum calipers with non-vented 245x10 brakes on saloon/avant, here's how (done on FWD but should work on quattro too):

- Set of calipers (8E0615423B & 8E0615424B). Rebuild or not that's each owns preference. I rebuilt them
                            - Pair of brake hoses with banjo fitting from B6 (8E0611775H). It's bit longer than necessary but does fit. Quattro might need even longer from another model.

- Set of brake pads from B6 (8E0698451A). I used Ferodo FDB. As you can see in the picture, B4 pads (on the right) has longer spring retaining pin and caliper doesn't fit over it. B6 pads (on the left) fits without modifications.

- Little modification to handbrake lever using angle grinder. This is for handbrake cable to sit properly as it does on B4 calipers. It's possible to swap over lever from B4 calipers but then there'll be not enough travel from one end to another. Modified on the right.

- Carrier stays the same from B4. Attach handbrake cable, brake hose, put the pads on, bolt caliper onto carrier, bleed the brakes and you're good to go.

Brakes are now waaaaaaay better than they were before. Only thing I'm not happy about after brake upgrade is increased pedal travel. Time to look for bigger master cylinder with 4 outputs and ditch the last remaining part of abs system, I guess.
                            Last edited by mdz; 10 December 2014, 07:17.

Comment

• I used a T4 transporter master cylinder on an 80 vacuum servo, you have a choice between ABS and non-ABS models.
                              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Yep, I was aware of T4 cylinder. It's plug&play then?

Comment

Working...
                                X