No announcement yet.

My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell me how did you mount the electric windows/mirrors ? I have an 80 dag dag but w/o electric mirrors/windows and i'm thinking of adding them but I don't know how to/where to start. What else do i need except the doorcard with the engine and stuff ? Any tips/schemes/suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Comment

• First time when I installed front electric windows, I made wiring using this wiring diagram. Later I just got complete 4 electric window kit form another car. It's plug&play. You'll need wiring, motors, doorcards, relay, front door handles and buttons. Same with electric mirrors - wiring, mirrors and switch.

Oh and while I'm here, I can post those few updates since last time

Polyurethane bushings for front subframe and wishbones, modified/refurbished wishbones and sandblasted/powdercoated 26mm FARB with 25mm bushings

Polyurethane track rod end bushings

Closer to the ground

And for fun, test fit of BMW E90 wheels (I'll have 5x112 -> 5x120 adapters made up )

Tomorrow, Saturday 07.06 I'll be going to Baltic VW Festival in Pärnu, Estonia. Any Estonian members coming?

Comment

• We are waiting for photos!
        Last edited by spyros80; 14 October 2015, 20:56.

Comment

• Damn it, I also live in Pärnu, Estonia, but my 20V TQ B4 is not ready yet. I will keep my eyes open for blue B4

Comment

• As always, I had my camera with me but I didn't took any pictures, just these two - one while filling up before trip in the morning, other on our way home:

Very nice beach you have there at Pärnu, makes me want to go there again soon

BTW next week 13.06-15.06 there's VAG Oldschool meeting near Kilingi-Nõmme, Estonia. If everything will go as planned, I'll be there too.

Comment

• Boleros and stance look great. Nice work. Enjoy.

Clear front indicator lenses with silver bulbs ?

Comment

• Thanks!
                There's silver bulbs already and I had clear lenses while ago, but I wanted something different, so I went for standard orange

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post

If your car has central locking, there will be three wires (+12v, ground and one to CL pump) connected to vacuum actuator in drivers door. They are used to lock and unlock doors by pushing in or pulling out rod in front doors. They must be connected to button. I'll be taking off doorcard in next few days and take a picture of how it looks from inside.
                  Did you ever get to take a photo of these connections inside your door ?

Thanks.
                  Last edited by macspring; 19 July 2014, 00:59.

Comment

Yes, you remember correctly. One connector needs to be changed, wires in other two has to be rearranged, two new wires (speed signal and K line) and antenna has to be added. And yes, "G" is the pump with most options.
                    Here's part from my writeup with pump part numbers:

About window comfort closing/opening - I haven't done that yet. Window motors in 1997+ cars are completely different from B4 but maybe it's possible to make it work. I have to measure what happens at window output on pump when remote button is pressed.
                    Can you advise what wires need to be altered in the plugs as mentioned above, to make a MY 1997 pump "G" work ?

Any photos ?

Also did you get the gradual fade out interior light arrangement form a C4 to work, and if so how ?

Thanks.

Comment

What springs and shocks are you using to get this stance ? Not detailed earlier in your thread.

Thanks.

Comment

• Bolerosssssss, mmmm!!! 8))

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                          Did you ever get to take a phone of these connections inside your door ?

Thanks.
                          Check this thread

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                          Can you advise what wires need to be altered in the plugs as mentioned above, to make a MY 1997 pump "G" work ?

Any photos ?

Also did you get the gradual fade out interior light arrangement form a C4 to work, and if so how ?

Thanks.
                          I haven't documented it anywhere yet, just collected tons of information. Didn't took any pictures, but I'll be doing this swap again for friends Cabrio over this summer, then I'll take pictures of progress and finish my writeup
                          Light fadeout is standard option on 8L0 pumps and yes, it works on my car.

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                          What springs and shocks are you using to get this stance ? Not detailed earlier in your thread.

Thanks.
                          Current setup is: standard shocks, -75mm KW springs on the front (they are for 5cyl, so it sits a bit higher), "have no idea about lowering" KAW springs at the back (I got them from my friend as they were too low for his liking and what's too low for others is just right for me ), R17 8J Boleros with 205/45 tyres and 20mm adapters all around. Using standard shocks for this kind of lowering is dumb idea and I do not recommend to do this. I'll be building coilovers soon

No major mods at this time, just finally found mint condition right side headlight reflector, bought Philips BlueVision Ultra bulbs and did headlight/foglight adjustment today so poor lighting issue is sorted now. Also rewired instrument cluster lighting to come up with ignition not with sidelights as original. Next on the list - 5x112 swap. Just need to buy brake disks for rear, bearings and pads for front and brake fluid. Oh and yes, need to get rid of 4x108 wheels and get some 5x112 ones
                          Last edited by mdz; 22 June 2014, 00:10.

Comment

• That looks excellent on the Boleros, not so much the Beemer rims
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thank you for the link, I missed the last part of the thread. Will try it as I already have a spare C4 door lock switch.

Thanks for the confirmation of which CL pump to use. Really like the interior light fade out feature.

Thank you for the reply re the current suspension.

Looking forward to your posts on the DIY coil overs.

Love your work / photos / posts - Thanks for continuing to share with the rest of us.

Comment

• Looks perfect on the bolero's! i have them in 4x108!

Great build! perfect car & color!
                                -1989 Audi Coupé 2017-...
                                -1986 Audi 90 2.2 2014-2017 Daily classic
                                -1993 Audi 80 1.9TDI |recycling OEM parts| 2013-2014
                                -1990 Audi 90 2.3 USA 2012-2013

Comment

Working...
                                X