No announcement yet.

My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I don't know. Width and length looks the same. Most likely it's just clips at the bottom that has to be cut off.

Comment

I'd assume that for the cupholders (especially the rear one) to go straight in you would need to cut a hole or two with a circular saw to the bottom of the existing centre console cubby as it is tapered at the rear, or even cut and remove the entire cubby from the console entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
        Black door pull triggers are in to-do list for long time. I've already tried to vinyl wrap them, but result was awful. Also got original black triggers from S6+ but turned out there's no way to fit them into B4 so I gave them to my father for his A6.
        I think super/turbo charging this engine is not worth it. It's good as it is and swapping 1,8t will cost me less time and money + it has nice potential for upgrades Last summer I took engine head off and it was like new inside, no signs of wear at all and it goes really good for its power.
        I'd like to get Cabrio radio but I haven't seen them for sale here so I got original Audi Beta to use it till I get something better.

I noticed that you have installed the switches from a B5 A4, how did you get the rear screen heater button to work with the heated mirrors?

I have installed the same switches, but the mirrors no longer clear.....

Any help would be appreciated..
        sigpic

Comment

Take your old button and swap faceplate. If you want button with timer function, then take it from 1996 C4 A6 and swap faceplate. Mirrors doesn't work because on car you took that button from, mirrors are wired up directly to ignition 12v. Your button is missing output for mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
            Take your old button and swap faceplate. If you want button with timer function, then take it from 1996 C4 A6 and swap faceplate. Mirrors doesn't work because on car you took that button from, mirrors are wired up directly to ignition 12v. Your button is missing output for mirrors.
            Thank you for the information

I'll probably have lots more questions about various things that you have installed on your car, including the flip key!! I think that modification is great!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndyCoupe77 View Post
              I'll probably have lots more questions about various things that you have installed on your car, including the flip key!!
              I did mine the cheap way by adding a remote to my existing central locking pump. For the price of €29 you get 2 remotes with foldable keys + 2 key blanks + the receiver that connects to the pump. The quality is nothing to write home about (at the end you get what you pay for) but the range is very good and it works fine. What I read afterwards though is that if you fit an 8L0 pump from a newer Audi A4 or A8 then you get the fade in/out lights when you unlock/lock the car and when you open/close the doors. I don't remember where I read that though. Has someone here tried it? Anyway.... where I was getting at is that if you fit one of these pumps they do have a receiver built in for remote operation of doors and windows. You just have to buy a key off Audi I thinnk

Comment

Sorry.... forgot to attach the pictures before. P3280219 copy.jpgP3280220 copy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
                  I don't remember where I read that though. Has someone here tried it? Anyway.... where I was getting at is that if you fit one of these pumps they do have a receiver built in for remote operation of doors and windows. You just have to buy a key off Audi I thinnk
                  It was me, I did it.
                  Check through this thread if you have some free time.

Comment

Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
                    I did mine the cheap way by adding a remote to my existing central locking pump. For the price of €29 you get 2 remotes with foldable keys + 2 key blanks + the receiver that connects to the pump. The quality is nothing to write home about (at the end you get what you pay for) but the range is very good and it works fine. What I read afterwards though is that if you fit an 8L0 pump from a newer Audi A4 or A8 then you get the fade in/out lights when you unlock/lock the car and when you open/close the doors. I don't remember where I read that though. Has someone here tried it? Anyway.... where I was getting at is that if you fit one of these pumps they do have a receiver built in for remote operation of doors and windows. You just have to buy a key off Audi I thinnk
                    So all i need is a central locking pump from an A4 or A8, and plug it in? Is it compatible with the coupe's wiring?

Sorry for all the questions, but i struggle with wiring....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
                      It was me, I did it.
                      Check through this thread if you have some free time.
                      hahaha! To avoid appearing like a complete idiot I think now is a good time to let you all know that I suffer from a very rare form of dementia that affects relatively young people, so that explains it all! (there... I think I've saved it now) To my defense though I had read the same mod on another site and that's how I remember the part number for the pump.

I think that if your Audi 80 is equipped with a factory alarm, in which case the central locking pump is already different as it has 3 plugs instead of 2, it shouldn't be difficult to fit the newer pump. From what I saw only one of the 3 plugs is different. If you don't have a factory alarm then you're missing a wiring loom that needs to be fitted. I'm not sure the electric windows will work though without additional wiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post

I think that if your Audi 80 is equipped with a factory alarm, in which case the central locking pump is already different as it has 3 plugs instead of 2, it shouldn't be difficult to fit the newer pump. From what I saw only one of the 3 plugs is different. If you don't have a factory alarm then you're missing a wiring loom that needs to be fitted. I'm not sure the electric windows will work though without additional wiring.
                        Yes it has the factory alarm system already fitted...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyCoupe77 View Post
                          Yes it has the factory alarm system already fitted...
                          Maybe mdz is of more help here as he already implemented it but I will get a photo of my central locking pump and post it so that you can compare it with the one that mdz used and see the differences.

Comment

• This is the pump that you likely have.
                            P3280089 copy.jpg

And this is the one with the receiver built-in

If I remember correct you need to go for the part number that has the "G" at the end as this one has all the extra functions.

Comment

• Yes, you remember correctly. One connector needs to be changed, wires in other two has to be rearranged, two new wires (speed signal and K line) and antenna has to be added. And yes, "G" is the pump with most options.
                              Here's part from my writeup with pump part numbers:

Newer type central locking pump with dual vacuum outputs. These pumps can be found in:

- MY 97/98 C4 A6/S6
                              - MY 97 onwards B5 A4
                              - MY 97 onwards D2 A8
                              - MY 97 onwards 8L A3
                              - MY 97 onwards Cabrio

With corresponding part numbers and functions:

8L0 862 257 DWA and remote [limited functionality*] (433,92 Mhz)
                              8L0 862 257 A DWA
                              8L0 862 257 B DWA and remote(315 MHz)
                              8L0 862 257 D just remote(433,92 Mhz)
                              8L0 862 257 E just central locking
                              8L0 862 257 G DWA and remote(433,92 MHz)
                              8L0 862 257 H DWA
                              8L0 862 257 K just remote(433 MHz)
                              8L0 862 257 L just central locking
                              8L0 862 257 M DWA and remote(315 MHz)
                              8L0 862 257 N DWA and remote(315 MHz)
                              8L0 862 257 P DWA and remote(??? MHz)
                              8L0 862 257 Q DWA and remote(??? MHz)
                              to be updated...

DWA stands for diebstahlwarnanlage - antitheft alarm. As you can see there's a few pumps missing remote. It's not just matter of software - they are missing remote module inside. And from I have read, 315MHz frequencies were used in United States and some other markets, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

*this pump is missing some parts in its software - it doesn't unlock doors when key is removed from ignition after autolock, doesn't blink hazard lights on unlock and maybe something more.
                              About window comfort closing/opening - I haven't done that yet. Window motors in 1997+ cars are completely different from B4 but maybe it's possible to make it work. I have to measure what happens at window output on pump when remote button is pressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post

Yep, calipers and brackets are already powdercoated so I'll be using them till I get something that's worth swapping over once a year.
                                On the brakes subject - is there anything better I can use on the rear of FWD? Aluminum calipers from C5?

Almost. You have to swap over bottom frame and that's plug&play if both B series seats have height adjustment. Someone on here even made them foldable for Coupe. Yes, button is illuminated, but it's not supposed to be like that on 80. I took button from C3 200 (A8 D2 also has it). It has 5 pins instead of 2, so connector has to be changed too. Standard illumination is orange led but you can change it to whatever you want.

Thanks!
                                Only pictures I found:

As you can see, I used Bison spray glue, but it's kinda cr*p and hard to work with - you must spray on exact amount otherwise it will either not stick at all or leave stains. Now I'm using spray glue made by Ball&Young. I can check if I still have it and take a picture. It's way more "user friendly", easier to work with and nothing comes off.
                                I also used Bison Kit glue for headliner and pillar trims. Now I'm using glue called 88 for that purpose, with being cheaper as only reason.

I also did a set for my dads A6:

And many other doorcard sets, headliners and pillar trim sets for friends cars.

I took boot opening motor from B5 Passat tank flap, but there's the same motor on facelift B5 and C5 bootlids. I wired it to central locking pump, but I have new type pump that can control it. C4 till MY1997 has old type pump that doesn't support this. But you can wire it up with button anyway. Wiring is very simple - live +12v through push type button to motor. It needs ~ 1-2sec 12v impulse to work.

Currently I'm putting together brake calipers. I'll post some pictures later as I'm at work now.
                                I found it very hard to glue the frame back together properly, so on my S4 will try re-trimming without taking the thing apart. Thanks for the info.
                                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X