Clear All

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
    That would be ETA Beta Turbo 18" wheels
    you get the question often

Comment

Well they are very nice looking wheels
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

A bit of an update on progress as of late, RS2 turbo and the mapped ECU arrived from Will @ VRS

New aux radiator from Pete @ Quattro corner

DPP_2212 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Wishbone bushes and ball joints sorted front and rear

DPP_2213 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Wagner intercooler fitted to the cross member, may need to adjust a bit but should go on just fine!

DPP_2214 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Some stuff has come back from the powdercoaters including front subframe, hubs, back plates and a few other bits and bobs. Calipers on their way to me very soon . All of the items were done in silver but we gave them two extra coats of black paint when they arrived, came out ok but am sure it will all come off in future anyway . They are galvanized and powder coated with very strong industrial paint so they should last a long time

DPP_2215 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

DPP_2259 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

All fitted up with new rear wheel bearings and tierods to compliment the rest of the uprated rear suspension + the diff hanger bush. It was in quite a state and a pig to take out of the housing . Went for powerflex

DPP_2216 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Rear brake upgrade from quattro corner, machined to 280mm diameter and sent the carriers off for machining as would rather not use a washer on brake parts. Also the machinist had the discs machined to match the front discs, they look spot on

DPP_2217 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

All nice and clean at the back

DPP_2218 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Here's how she stood as of last Saturday, Rusty's snub mount kit to be bolted on as well, clutch brace still to be fitted. Had the ISV cleaned just for good measure and also gave the wheel adaptors a bit of a clean off all the surface corrosion

DPP_2225 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Here's what my oil cooler bracket looked like when we went to change the oil cooler :

photo by ryanaqui, on Flickr

It was full of holes so the old bracket and cooler were sent to the machinist we use and he is fabbing up a new bracket for me

RS2 turbo from Will @ VRS

1799029_611015842314905_1959364379_o by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Wagner Exhaust Manifold and Turbo, the water line had to be bent a bit to get it to reach the turbo, I assume this is normal?

DPP_2250 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Just

DPP_2257 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Had the RS2 injectors fitted, fuel pump to go and lots of other niggly bits still to do.

Getting there though, hoping by end of April will be back on the road if nothing else crops up
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Very nice,tasty work.

Just be careful with paint/powercoat on the hub surface. Any imperfection on the finish is magnified by the time you reach the outside of the tyre.
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

wow your realy doing it right!!! looking realy great!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
              Very nice,tasty work.

Just be careful with paint/powercoat on the hub surface. Any imperfection on the finish is magnified by the time you reach the outside of the tyre.
              Thanks! Will give that some thought, if I have any problems will probably just sand it down, hoping I won't!

Originally posted by rxl View Post
              wow your realy doing it right!!! looking realy great!!
              Cheers, done most of the important bits on the car and the engine is in good health so I'm hoping I won't have any issues with RS2 spec once it's back on the road!
              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

What an update! Great work

Comment

Looks great Ry

Comment

Look real good mate Looks like your cross member has taken a bit of a bump

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                      What an update! Great work
                      Thanks! Can't wait to drive it again, really looking forward

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                      Looks great Ry
                      Thanks Patrick

Originally posted by cadiddy View Post
                      Look real good mate Looks like your cross member has taken a bit of a bump
                      Yep, came like that bit of a surprise and the front bumper isn't original either, inside paint is peeling off revealing green paint , unfortunate but whole car would benefit from a paint job anyway.
                      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Awesome resto work Ryan - doing the coupe justice, loving your work
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Very nice Ryan

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            Awesome resto work Ryan - doing the coupe justice, loving your work
                            Thank you very much Alex, can't take the credit though as my mechanic has been doing most of the work and is really capable happy to say

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            Very nice Ryan
                            Thanks newsh, hope your bad luck streak has come to an end mate, takes a lot to handle so much going wrong at the same time!
                            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

As said Ryan cracking job this as inspired me once again to get mine sorted as iv only a few years left to enjoy the car It's hopefully going for a full respray in august or if they can fit me in sooner, i was going to give quattro coachworks a shout but i have found a classic car restorer near me they are used to doing 50s and 60s cars merc's mainly said my car was a bit modern but they will do a good job said it will take 2 to 3 months to complete, then it's the power mods i am going to Mrc in may for a health check to give an idea if the engine is sound and then start getting the stuff togeather.

keep up the good work.

Comment

Looking good Ryan. Your not messing about. So are RS2 turbos still available new?
                                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X