My 1996 Silver ABY Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
    From Iroz Motorsport in US, ceramic coated locally. Decided that heatwrap wouldn't be the best option for safety reasons. I am hoping it should fit alright
    good stuff then!!

you have spent a nice amount
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
      good stuff then!!

you have spent a nice amount
      Way too much but I like all the little details
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Loving the route you are going with this and they eye for detail.

Keep the updates coming
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Cheers Gav,

That bag in the picture is full of sensors and little pipes for under the inlet manifold, also received a nice package from Pete @ quattro corner with all sorts of sensors and switches under there, will be getting everything renewed once there
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Also forgot to mention I got the reat seats back in! Had a problem though I couldn't get the backs in till I figured I had to get the bolsters out of the way to fit them otherwise they wouldn't go in

Got some MK3 Golf Recaro frames coming from Germany this week so then I can work on getting the Recaros fitted

The seats as they were before:

IMG_1538 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

IMG_1539 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Prepping the newly trimmed seats by giving them a clean, leather milk and some leather preserver before they go in the car

IMG_1583 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

IMG_1584 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

Fitted!

IMG_1586 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

IMG_1588 by ryanaqui, on Flickr
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Will be interesting to see how you mod the mk3 frames to sit straight as I need to do the same
              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Yes I'm not quite sure of the modification needed, is one of the legs too high or short?
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Seat's look nicely done.

You don't happen to have the pleated sections from the original leather cover's off the rear seats by any chance? I'd be interested in acquiring them if you do.
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                    Yes I'm not quite sure of the modification needed, is one of the legs too high or short?
                    One leg is slightly too high so the seats sit slightly squint. I have mk3 recaros in mine atm but haven't made time to fettle them yet

Gav
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                      Seat's look nicely done.

You don't happen to have the pleated sections from the original leather cover's off the rear seats by any chance? I'd be interested in acquiring them if you do.
                      Thanks!

Man I forgot to ask the trimmer since they were in really good condition, they have two weeks or so of shutdown I'll ask if he's still got them and they are all yours

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                      One leg is slightly too high so the seats sit slightly squint. I have mk3 recaros in mine atm but haven't made time to fettle them yet

Gav
                      That doesn't sound too bad then, cheers
                      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• You can put them in as they are to give you an idea of what to bend and in what direction. I can't remember what we did to mine now but you only need to 'adjust' one leg in one direction to get them to sit right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                          You can put them in as they are to give you an idea of what to bend and in what direction. I can't remember what we did to mine now but you only need to 'adjust' one leg in one direction to get them to sit right.
                          Mine are in but need a little fiddling . Ie the dial for moving the back for and aft is on the transmission tunnelling side on, one of the legs need tweaking and need to splice the heated seat loom
                          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• I think it's the outside leg that needs lowering i.e. bray it with a hammer

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                              You can put them in as they are to give you an idea of what to bend and in what direction. I can't remember what we did to mine now but you only need to 'adjust' one leg in one direction to get them to sit right.
                              That sounds great then so I can enjoy the comfort of Recaro seats finally

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                              Mine are in but need a little fiddling . Ie the dial for moving the back for and aft is on the transmission tunnelling side on, one of the legs need tweaking and need to splice the heated seat loom
                              Don't think that's a bad thing, isn't it supposed to be near the transmission tunnel? Heated seats..would love to have them but not much use in Malta , good luck mate
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• I love reading this thread Ryan absolutely amazing what you are doing to your gorgeous S2 its the perfect S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X