No announcement yet.

My 1996 Silver ABY Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you! It's a great car for sure! I've grown attached to it so I am lavishing it with plenty of love and goodies to keep her going. Unfortunately, all old cars, especially these have their little niggles but they've got to be sorted at some point, I was dreading it and still am anxious about assembly
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• I’ve often wondered about you and the car. Thanks for the update. Car will look great soon.
      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

• Really looking forward to seeing the car painted Ryan, its an unusual and stunning colour on the S2. Glad you managed to remake the glass roof panel - looks like you caught it just in time to at least salvage the shape enough to replace the rotten metal. The roof I got literally got swept up of the floor once I got it out of the car!
        Keep us updated with lots of pics
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
          I’ve often wondered about you and the car. Thanks for the update. Car will look great soon.
          Thank you! It's been a while but the S2 and the forum are really special to me. Excited to see it done myself!

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          Really looking forward to seeing the car painted Ryan, its an unusual and stunning colour on the S2. Glad you managed to remake the glass roof panel - looks like you caught it just in time to at least salvage the shape enough to replace the rotten metal. The roof I got literally got swept up of the floor once I got it out of the car!
          Keep us updated with lots of pics
          Thank you Alex, the colour really grew on me over the years. The sunroof had me worried but I'm lucky to have had a very good panel beater who knew his stuff to fix me up a mostly new unit. I'm lucky mine wasn't as bad as yours then! It's a shame Audi tradition don't manufacture these, I sent them an email 2 years ago about it and I don't think I ever got an answer back.

I will hope to have more updates soon and I expect the car back on the road sometime in February or March possibly. Got some exciting goodies to come
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• I’ve been there!
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

• very nice

Comment

• It's been a while since I've updated, finally, the car has been painted and should be back soon for the real work to start. I also finally managed to acquire a set of ACP/Jara (Also known as MTM Cup) wheels which will also be fully refurbished very soon.

9fdfc57d-5313-4837-880b-00146e741cde by ryanaqui, on Flickr

b2e82cc9-cca2-459d-8873-ab9a99d473d6 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

dbb44313-ae56-428b-bb57-fc548a2139b9 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

fb628521-917c-4b81-96d5-121f3f35ac92 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

IMG_1518 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

The next list of jobs includes (probably forgetting something here):

Dash removal for new heater matrix install as well as foam replacement
                Testing and fitment of the remanufactured sunroof panel
                Install freshly trimmed interior panels and door trim
                Wire up central locking switch to driver door panel
                Fitting of new Porsche radio/navigation system
                Reinstall of Recaro CSE + wiring repairs
                Fit new front windscreen and find the final windscreen rubber I am missing (895845121E - bottom seal)
                New under-bonnet sound deadening to fit
                To order a new undertray
                To order new suspension (Going for Intrax 1K2) + new top mounts from 034.
                Awaiting Alex's upcoming gear linkage bush and fit a new interior gear bush housing
                New timing belt, v belts, water pump, idler and thermostat.

Any recommendations always welcome!

1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Hi Ryan, It's hard not to be impressed by the progress you're making here. Can you share some more details about the Porsche Radio/Nav system please?

Comment

• Thank you! The Porsche Radio/Nav system was made to fit the decor of classic Porsches such as the 964/993 models with the benefit of adding modern features such as Navigation, Bluetooth, phone, SD Card/USB media and iPhone connectivity.

48aba0630c51fffa18bbe1a301a691e1 by ryanaqui, on Flickr

I don't think it was very popular it seems. I've wanted one for a while as I've been meaning to replace the yucky Kenwood in my car. I got one last year as they seem to have become NLA from Porsche though I'm sure it is still possible to source them.

Also going to be fitting new rear speakers with inbuilt tweeters to the car to replace the old crackling units. Combining this with a compact amplifier with built-in sub from Alpine (PWD-X5). I've been putting off a lot of these jobs for years and I really want to get them done so I can finally enjoy the car!
                    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• I do like the sound of that (no pun intended), I look forward to reading about your install sometime in the future.

Do you have the model number of the Porsche headunit, I'd be interested to see what one looks like. Presumably these are made by Becker?

edit: I see you've supplied a picture, it wasn't displayed when I first read your reply. I like the look of it.

PS. Are map updates still being produced for it?

Comment

• Not entirely sure about map updates honestly as I've never used it yet, I do imagine it could have been produced by Becker. I had bought mine from design911 on the link below. They seem to keep discounting the price so probably trying to get rid of old stock .

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1...--91164529000/
                        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Very very awesome update. Love the choice of rims. Are you aiming run the 9.5j at the rear and 8,5j at front?
                          Cheers mis amigos,
                          _Anton

Comment

• Yes mate am going to run 8.5s at the front and 9.5s at the rear, I also have a spare 9.5j rim which the seller gave to me. Still not sure about the colour scheme I'll be going with them but I've got something in mind!
                            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Im excited for you buddy... Im building similar
                              Cheers mis amigos,
                              _Anton

Comment

• I have to say Ryan I thought your S2 was immaculate before you doing a full paint job so it must look absolutely amazing once completed!! Looking forward to your updates

Comment

Working...
                                X