No announcement yet.

Ruby Red Audi S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great to see you back regularly Kit. Place was never the same without your posts. It's not driven as regular as it used to be and rarely in winter for the last 3 years. I don't think I've ever properly cleaned the engine bay to be honest. I might get round to it one day
    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• You planning on keeping the S2 now Michael?

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
        Great to see you back regularly Kit. Place was never the same without your posts. It's not driven as regular as it used to be and rarely in winter for the last 3 years. I don't think I've ever properly cleaned the engine bay to be honest. I might get round to it one day
        Cheer's Michael, It's good to be back.

As long as the engine is clean inside mate, that's what really matters, as you know I've never been into the whole detailing thing myself either, though that might actually change once I get my RS2 restored.

I'm hoping to make it up to Scotland latter this year in my 2.8 100 Avant mobile home, will drop you a PM well in advance if and when I do start to make plans as it would be good to meet for a coffee and chat.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
          You planning on keeping the S2 now Michael?
          Hi Anthony, still very much love driving it but I would consider selling at right price. Just don't get the time to enjoy it these days as I'm busy with other things.
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Hi Anthony, still very much love driving it but I would consider selling at right price. Just don't get the time to enjoy it these days as I'm busy with other things.
            Keep it lol!! My favourite Avant and such a gorgeous colour Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Cheer's Michael, It's good to be back.

As long as the engine is clean inside mate, that's what really matters, as you know I've never been into the whole detailing thing myself either, though that might actually change once I get my RS2 restored.

I'm hoping to make it up to Scotland latter this year in my 2.8 100 Avant mobile home, will drop you a PM well in advance if and when I do start to make plans as it would be good to meet for a coffee and chat.
              Absolutely Kit, I don't mind polishing the outside, but I never get round to the engine bay. Had a top end rebuild a couple of years ago and runs very nicely still.

Always enjoyed meeting up with you so let me know later in year. A coffee and a chat sounds good. C4 has masses of room to make it a good mobile home. Great tool for that job.
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Another job that has been on the to do list for years is my mpg display has been needing replaced due to it bleeding out.

I've had the new part for a couple of years so it's about the time I got it fitted.

Has anyone sourced a replacement clock display? Mines has bled out too.

​​​https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...-display/page3

Post #39 by mdz in this old thread really explains it clearly how to replace the culprit screen. Thanks for your help.
                Last edited by Michael S2; 20 March 2022, 23:01.
                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Little bit fiddly with a few tiny screws but an easy enough diy job. Don't fancy refitting the cluster in the dark so will test it out tomorrow.

Going to try and get rid of the light marks on the plastic before refitting as well.

Sent from my KB2000 using Tapatalk

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Keep it lol!! My favourite Avant and such a gorgeous colour Michael
                    Cheers Anthony, it is a great car and the color is amazing. Hope your coupe is still going well
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• partworks.de also supply the clock LCD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                        partworks.de also supply the clock LCD.
                        I must have missed that at the time of ordering a couple of years back. Thanks for the info I will get one ordered.
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Cheers Anthony, it is a great car and the color is amazing. Hope your coupe is still going well
                          Thanks Michael, Yeah the Coupe is driving great atm touch wood as you know how quickly these things can change!!

Got a few jobs planned myself this year, need the headlining done as its sagging now which I hate, Want the alloys refurb and the headlights and the underneath getting a refresh in Autumn when it goes off the road again, so a few things planned but they all cost money lol

Comment

• So satisfying to have this display working again. Not going to bother with the clock right now. I had a look before putting the instrument cluster back in because there are 2 versions of the clock available so you need to know what you have before ordering. It seems the rev counter would have to be removed. Don't fancy messing with the needle or any other tiny parts unless there is a good guide on this that I have missed while searching.

Sent from my KB2000 using Tapatalk

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Finally got my lower door rubbers replaced. Old ones were quite crusty. Thanks to fellow member Mark for sorting me out with a set

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Michael S2; 10 May 2022, 10:13.
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Bit of Sunday waxing

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X