X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John. View Post
    ....great photo.

Good luck with the MOT.
    Thanks John. Shouldn't need anything major done as it's had a lot spent in the last couple of years

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
    Very nice indeed, you stylish ******!

Helmet power

Originally posted by fourwh33ldriv3 View Post
    I like your style Mike, almost like she's bursting to get released....

Put the battery back on and she burst into life no hesitation

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
    Nice photo Mike how have managed to resist the temptation for the last 4 months??!!
    Cheers Anthony. Been busy with other things but i'm hoping once i get mot sorted i'll be enjoying the drives once again Seems so fast after not driving it for a while! My winter hack isn't too shabby so i've still had my 5 cylinder fix
    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• So it's been a wee while since my last update. Still been using the car regularly and had a jaunt to London in the summer as well as a tour of Mull as well. Car performed perfectly on both trips.

I've had a persistent water leak for some time and had to top up the coolant nearly every week. I couldn't diagnose it, but it was coming from the back of the engine. Mechanic looked at it and it seems partly the head gasket but also the plastic water adapter was leaking too. I decided it was about time just to get it rebuilt. Head is now off and the gasket has gone a little at the rear of the engine, but not into the rings at all and the bores are in great condition.

Now being rebuilt and i will use my Wagner RS2 evo exhaust manifold when the head is refitted. Will update with photos soon. It's a shame all my old photos have disappeared from this thread.

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• I've managed to source most parts, but i still need the gaskets for the turbo oil feed and return pipes and some new bolts. Does anyone know where i can buy these? I don't have the car near me right now.
        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• did you try the stealer? that's where I bought mine when I did my upgrade
          or are the NLA by now?

Comment

• I got some of the oil pipe gaskets from Audi last year but they couldn't supply the main k24 exhaust gasket had to get that off ebay.
            Bolts I used 6mm and 8mm st/st allen cap heads from local supplier.

turbo gaskets.jpg

Comment

• Thanks for your help

Was told 035145773D and 035145757D are NLA. 035145757C is available. So only 1 of the 4 gaskets needed for these pipes. Not sure how different they are in terms of size.
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
                Thanks for your help

Was told 035145773D and 035145757D are NLA. 035145757C is available. So only 1 of the 4 gaskets needed for these pipes. Not sure how different they are in terms of size.
                035145757C is slightly larger and uses 8mm bolts the others are 6mm.
                I have reused them before

Comment

• Time ago i bought gaskets from ebay.After 20000 still without problems.

Comment

• Avant revival time. Not been much happening with the S2 in the last year or 2.
                    Spring 2019:
                    We determined the head gasket was the reason for me having to top the coolant up now and again. Sure enough when we pulled the head off the gasket had gone a bit to the outside of block but not to the bores.
                    Head received a very light skim. Upon inspection the bores and block were in amazing condition (especially considering its on 224k miles!)

Head rebuilt and fitted along with the Wagner exhaust manifold. New timing belt kit etc.

Then I maybe put 1000 miles on it and parked it in my garage. Life changes meant I only started it up and took it for a some short drives now and again.

Spring 2021:
                    Time to get the S2 back on the road. Needed a replacement rear brake caliper and 1 front shock was knackered so fitted a new pair of Koni adjustables. Passed MOT!

I forgot how much I enjoy driving this car. Back as my daily again. Needs a good wash and then I can post some new photos up.

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Keen to hear your thoughts on the Konis. Pictures when you're ready !

Comment

• Will update once tracking is done as it's a bit off. First impressions are a big improvement over the OE Boge's that they replaced.

Turned them fully clockwise (hardest setting I think), then 1 turn back. Seems a good balance and not too harsh at all.
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
                          Turned them fully clockwise (hardest setting I think), then 1 turn back. Seems a good balance and not too harsh at all.
                          These are adjustable on the car ? I had Konis on a Manta a long time ago and they were set before fitting, to readjust you had to take them off again!

Comment

• Unfortunately not John. They have to be adjusted before inserting into strut housing. Bit of a pain if you find them not to your liking but I believe the consensus is 1 turn back from fully turned clockwise. Obviously everyone has different preferences though
                            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Been inspired by the burst in activity from fellow members cracking on with work on their S2s. Thought it was about time I got a few jobs done.

I remember someone pointing out to me that my brake fluid appeared green which I thought doesn't sound good so got around to flushing it. Well it was actually blue. Turns out this isn't as strange as I first thought as it used to be possible to buy "super blue racing fluid". As it's no longer sold in UK I used fluid which succeeded it. Put the new broke bleeder to the test.

Fitted a new mfts sensor as my gauge seemed inconsistent. Some days it seems to read about right and other days a lot higher. New Behr part should hopefully do the trick.

I've read it's possible to get a deep 29mm socket on but I can't see how that's possible with everything in the way. Even though I don't run the radiator air ducts access is still tight. I removed a couple of parts and was able to get the old one cracked off with an adjustable wrench as I don't have a 29mm spanner.

Sent from my KB2000 using Tapatalk

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Good to see your still about Michael, that engine bay looks like your car is driven regularly on salty Scottish roads.
                                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X