Ruby Red Audi S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt service

Time for a big service on the avant. Booked in for next week, hope i've not forgotten any parts for the timing belt job.

Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, idler pulley, crank pulley plus all new bolts.
    Alternator belt, MFTS sensor, fuel filter, top mounts, gearbox and diff oils.
    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• looks like santa's arrived early, mike!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Hi Micheal, I would add crankshaft and cam shaft oil seals to your pile of bits dead easy to do while the belt is off.

Comment

• MFTS.......was it costly??
          Is there not a small coolant hose that cause a bit of grief down the rhs of the block? Might be easy accessed when the belt's getting done?

Comment

• Thanks Tun, I will order these as well

Will get back to you with the price John, don't remember it being too bad. It's a 3 pin one as I believe the 4 pin is no longer made. Read threads about some replacements giving a false reading on the temp gauge, never really got a definite answer to which is the best one to get.
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
              Thanks Tun, I will order these as well

Will get back to you with the price John, don't remember it being too bad. It's a 3 pin one as I believe the 4 pin is no longer made. Read threads about some replacements giving a false reading on the temp gauge, never really got a definite answer to which is the best one to get.
              Aye you're right about the 4-pin one, I think the 4th pin was the earth and it's now just earthed through the body of the sensor......or something like that?! I meant to get one from CAC but now that door has closed.

Comment

• John I replaced the MFTS on my 90 (7a) earlier this year with a Meyle one off ebay for £25. It sorted out my gauge issues and still fine now.
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEYLE-AUDI...item3cfa285d34

Comment

• Originally posted by Tun View Post
                  John I replaced the MFTS on my 90 (7a) earlier this year with a Meyle one off ebay for £25. It sorted out my gauge issues and still fine now.
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEYLE-AUDI...item3cfa285d34
                  Great, think I'll just go ahead and get that. Gauge works but I can't help but replace things before they give me grief !
                  Is the e-bay link the actual seller you got yours from??

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post
                    Great, think I'll just go ahead and get that. Gauge works but I can't help but replace things before they give me grief !
                    Is the e-bay link the actual seller you got yours from??
                    No it was this guy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MEYLE-...item2a1d9eb2ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Tun View Post
                      Ok, cheers.

Comment

• How did the service go, Mike?

All Ok??

Any more photo's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
                          How did the service go, Mike?

All Ok??

Any more photo's?
                          Drop car off tomorrow morning for the work Tony. Hoping everything going well i can collect again next weekend. Might go via the Clyde Tunnel just for the sound

Plenty photos on the recent Scotland Tour thread
                          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• New crank seal and camshaft seal
                            Attached Files
                            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• My new method is replace things before they break

Genuine Bosch lamda sensor:
                              Attached Files
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Got my car back today. Turns out my timing was 1 tooth out and it does seem to be going that bit better.

One rather odd thing is there was a spacer behind the crank pulley which the mechanic said should not be there. This was causing my timing belt to run out of line with the cam pulley. This has obviously been like this for a long time, i had noticed that the belt has eaten through the front cover a bit, but i thought maybe the cover was deformed rather than the belt wasn't running true.

I supplied a new pulley and bolt, but when he fitted these without the spacer the engine wouldn't turn over (by hand). So he made a much smaller shim than the spacer previously fitted and the engine turned over and belt is now perfectly aligned with cam pulley.

Just wondered if anyone has heard of this has before?
                                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X