Ruby Red Audi S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
    Eh, Mike- I was only pulling your leg about heading back down south, but it seems you have a following here, going by the number of other lads who have responded........

Bring it on, Buddy
    I'd love to go...but my good intentions to make a meet this year have so far not materialised so no rash promises yet, but I was planning a trip to Wales in the future anyway....

and the S2 has just got thro' its MOT!

(won't disclose how many advisories! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
      Eh, Mike- I was only pulling your leg about heading back down south, but it seems you have a following here, going by the number of other lads who have responded........

Bring it on, Buddy
      Have Turbo - Will Travel!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Over to You, Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
          I think he just replaced the old washer with a new thinner one. Said he's not seen this washer before and he's done 2 other s2 engines recently. I'm assuming this is in addition to the friction washer you're talking about Andy.
          The 3mm washer is a diamond washer to add friction for the crank timing pully so not a good idea to remove it or replace it with a non diamond one
          RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Had to try it...

No more middle box
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• How does it sound inside and out, Mike?!

Comment

• Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                How does it sound inside and out, Mike?!
                You'll need to shout, he cannae hear you !

Comment

• PARDON??!!

Comment

• Regretting having the middle box taken out already Over 3000rpm it sounds fantastic, but at lower revs it just drones and resembles the noise of a Honda civic!

Middle box will go back on at some stage.
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• I know you don't want to hear it Mike but deleting an important part of your car,in this case
                      middle box,is only going to ruin a great car. OEM plus is the way to go.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• In my experience on multiple 5 pot Audi's incl. 20VT leaving the exhaust OEM but replacing the rear box with a stainless example is the best sound wise. No droning and a lovely 5 cylinder sound.

Comment

Over 3000rpm it sounds fantastic,
                          Just drive it everywhere over 3k then

On a serious note though, sometimes you just have to try these things. If you didn't do it you'd always wonder what it would sound like?
                          Good on ya for giving it a go.

Comment

• A full stainless larger bore system would be very nice!
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Regretting having the middle box taken out already Over 3000rpm it sounds fantastic, but at lower revs it just drones and resembles the noise of a Honda civic!

Middle box will go back on at some stage.
                              Agreed with john here. Sometimes itching that scratch has to be done to make you realise things. I do it all the time

Comment

• When i had the full 3" stainless system made up from the turbo at the beginning of the year, i asked for them to leave the middle box out, but this got lost in translation somewhere. Ever since then i've wondered if it would sound better without the middle box.

Previoulsy i had no drone from the 3" system from turbo (with middle box). I get the fact some people like these cars to be silent stealth understated machines, but i just love the raw engine sound too much
                                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X