• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full marks!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
      Will hopefully get some better photos on location this weekend. But here's a taster

Ok, Mike- You win
      She looks gorgeous!!

Ps I don't know why you've pixcillated your No Plate- there can't be anyone on here that Doesn't know your Reg

Comment

• What size tyres are you running on the avus and what mm spacers ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
          Agreed!
          Looks awesome, sounds good too

Cheers

Steve
          Good to catch up with you again briefly Steve I hope you've been back under that car again this week

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Great to see this car still going well and still being looked after!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• Spark plug change

Been meaning to change my spark plugs for a while. I've never changed plugs in my life before, but i'm glad i tried as it's a piece of cake

Coilpack cover off with 4 bolts (10nm):

Also had to remove this part of the throttle mechanism held on by 2 bolts (10nm):

Then remove cover:

All looks to be in good order. I checked the torque before removing them as i've heard problems of plugs coming loose. They were all at least 30nm which is correct.

Old plugs looking past their best:

I realise this is all very simple to most on here, but hopefully it helps someone. Also helps me in future to remember what i did last time

I was going to replace my air filter with a genuine paper Audi one. However after taking out the K&N that's in there i found the Audi one wouldn't fit This is because my air box is modified to RS2 spec and the ABY filter is too deep to fit. So i just left the K&N in.

Fuel filter next
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
                Will hopefully get some better photos on location this weekend. But here's a taster

Absolutely stunning Mike Your Avant has to be one of the best examples left

Comment

• i think we can all "big ditto" that!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• What are the tyre sizes you was running on your old a8 wheels and the size on the s8 wheels?

Comment

• In good company

Anyone any idea how to fix an intermittent indicator fault? My left indicator works once and then usually doesn't work for the rest of the day. Sprayed some contact cleaner down stock, but no difference. Had new stalks fitted for MOT as my full beam was temperamental now it's the indicator
                      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• check contact betwen left and rigght half of stalks
                        S2 limo

Comment

• Welcome to The North

Just had another great trip up the North of Scotland. Went further North than i've ever been and it was well worth it. Covered 795 miles in 3 days and once again i'm reminded of the greatness of this car.

A daily driver, but also an epic tourer. Can't be many 20 year old 200k+ cars that could continue to be used daily and also provide everything you could ever want on a road trip! Bonnet only opened to check everything is as it should be. These old Audi's take some beating.

First night in Gairloch, second night in Durness. Here's a rough route for anyone interested:
                          https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Co...d56.547918!3e0

Only got a few decent photos of the car:

Really puts me in the mood for the September S2forum Tour on a lot of these roads. Those who have never been are in for a treat and those who have will know how great it is up here.

Sign up here:http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=77223&page=4
                          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Might as well post the car at John O'Groats
                            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Its a great colour for s2))

S2 avant

Comment

• You want to do it again Mike the weather shows 28 degrees up there tomorrow

Only a couple weeks ago it was cold according to 10 spokes.

Love this picture with the scenery stretching out into an inviting distance.

They are awesome cars!

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                                94 2.6 80 Avant
                                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                                X